Ff X-2

I recently played a demo for and it has made me make my decision to buy. Despite what has all been said that it was going to be sucky or whatever. It is actually really. And what they say about the battle system is true, it is ungodly fast. That is probaly going to be hard to get used to but ill work with it. On to the jobs, I do like the way that you can change jobs right in the middle of battle. I can see how it will help alot in very sticky situations. Like how you could be almost dead, then you switch one charcter to a White mage and instant healing. It is really great.

But you know what sucks from what I heard. That they are pulling a Kingdom Hearts. Where they release the game over here then re-release it over in Japan with better things. I hate it.:noway: But overall it does seem to be a good game and I plan on getting it.

So reply away about your thoughts on it.:cool:

I will be getting it as well. I have been looking forward to it for awhile =)

I just took a look at the new flashy site Squeenix put up and it does look like a lot of fun. :sunglasses:

The battle sequence is ungodly fast? The last time I played it at EB, it was ungodly slow! I guess the PS2 at that EB was malfunctioning or somthing.

I have high hopes of this game! I hope your right about the speed of the battle sequence!!

Originally posted by Fenril_Knight
[b]The battle sequence is ungodly fast? The last time I played it at EB, it was ungodly slow! I guess the PS2 at that EB was malfunctioning or somthing.

I have high hopes of this game! I hope your right about the speed of the battle sequence!! [/b]

In a recent gaming mag article (I want to say EGM but not sure), they also say it is blazingly fast and takes a bit to get used to. It also says once you are used to it, you are sometimes done with a battle before you even realize you started one =)

Originally posted by RamzaTheSquire

But you know what sucks from what I heard. That they are pulling a Kingdom Hearts. Where they release the game over here then re-release it over in Japan with better things. I hate it. But overall it does seem to be a good game and I plan on getting it.

And Europe probably gets all that extra stuff too cha-ching!

All I need is a Blue mage to learn everything, A Warrior-type to kill everything and a Black Mage to DESTROY everything >:) >:)

I played the demo as well. And yeah, I’ll probably get it.

How is it fast to the point where battles may be over before you even clue in that they began? Like is some stuff automatic…?

I want to get it, but I’m not sure I can afford it right now. It actually looks good. I’ll keep my opinions to myself though, until I actually play it. Hopefully that’ll be before X-mas.

It appeals to me, I might buy it if I can gather the money.

I’m deffo getting it, I love the first… one? ten? whatever :thud:

Still looking forward to FF:CC more, though :get it?:

Originally posted by Evangelion
How is it fast to the point where battles may be over before you even clue in that they began? Like is some stuff automatic…?

No its kinda weird all three of the characters can attack at the same time which comes together as a combo. Which thus cause mega damage. In the demo there was two bosses. Both of them dead in like 2 minutes. One was a summon that I wont reveal, a powerful summon, the other was a crab like thing. Its just really quick paced.

Im actually looking foward to get this game and even more if the battles are that fast.

I can see a advantage and a disadvantage to having the battles fast. It would be nice so when your not in the mood to go through a bunch of battles you can just zip though them anyways, but then again you will probably make many more mistakes trying to rush things. Not only that but it will make it a shorter game.

Faster battles = Faster level up.
I think.

Pretty much yes. And I forgot to mention, I dont think there is a sphere grid any more because after the battle the girls have actual levels.

Woo hoo~ No more sphere grids!! I don’t like the sphere grid idea in FFX anyways, good thing they got rid of it in FFX-2. Somehow I prefer levelin’ up characters that traditional way~ Saves me the hazard of choosing which stats to increase and regret it after if I made a wrong move.

Wrong stats don’t really matter if you just decide to waltz the game thru normally; Gaining uberstats in general is a feat I intend to accomplish someday… bit… by bit…

But first, I need to clear ALL those +1 +2 +3 stat nodes away and replace 'em with +4’s >:)

I have the game preordered. That way I can pay it little by little, and have it almost paid by the time it comes out. Of course, I would only do this with games that I KNOW I will buy, and so far this year FFX2 is the only one.

I must admit, tho, that I DO have my doubts about X2:

1. Will it be a good story? So far we only know that it’s about Yuna looking for Tidus. And hunting spheres. Is that it? Aren’t ALL FFs supposed to be about saving the world? Or are they going for a more personal story this time?
  2. Why only three protagonists? (and ALL girls?) Was the game hastly thrown together? Is it just fanservice? Or, again, are they REALLY trying to do something different? (Oh well, at least it’s sure to LOOK good! ) : )
  3. Fast battles? I don’t like that… changing Jobs on the fly, however, sounds like a cool idea (and makes more sense than learning several jobs but only being able to use 1 or 2 sets of abilities at a time.)
  4. Is the rumor about an all-girl MASSAGE minigame true???:eek:

Whatever- I will STILL buy it. FF has NEVER disappointed me; Even FF Tactics, whose story I didn’t like, had things going for it, like the Job and combat systems.

I think it comes out Nov. 19.

An all-girl massage minigame!? (Drools…)