Favorite Summon

I like all the bahamut summons, but the one I like the most has to be BahamutZero from FFVII. That summon animation is just… cool. All hail BahamutZero. does quite a ridiculous over dramatic bow

Hugs Reno cheerfully I like you!! You like Bahamut ZERO, too!! Yay!!

starts to turn funny colors from lack of oxygen Too… tight… wretches free from Kitty’s hug Ya. I’m a dragon fan. But I also like that fox-rabbit-hybrid aeon guy. Never seen his animation but I’ve seen shots of him, and hell he’s a fox. How can you go wrong with foxes? Carbuncle. He has a funny name, but oh well. wishing that they had got that aeon in FFVIII

Yay! You like Carbuncle, too! About to hug Reno, but remembers past events, and draws back You a super cool! I like you a lot! How cool would it be if Carbuncle was in FF7??

If Carbuncle was in FF7, I’d probably have him maxed out.

I never said I don’t like Valefor, I just implied I can’t look at it for any significant period of time, and that it’s the weakest of the summons in FFX (which makes sense since you have it from the beginning). The sonic wings attack is very useful in certain situations.

It’s great, isn’t it?? It’s probably the easiest sometimes, though the whole decrease in strength, increase in magic thing gets me confused sometimes…

Bahamut! No matter which, every single one kicks major ass.

How many people know that Bahamut was actually a character in the first FF game? He was still king of the Dragons obviously, but you walked up to him and talked. He then sent you on a quest to an abandoned castle with freaky teleports to find some mundane item to prove you were worthy of class change.

I’ve never played FF1, but I’ve heard about the bahamut quest. Sounds cool. Talking to an aeon. Makes me want to find a FF1 rom and play it just to talk to bahamut.

As good as that entusiasm is, I think that you won’t find the event quite nearly so exciting as you think. If you don’t mind the complete lack of plot and 8-bit graphics though, go ahead. Also, you have to get about halfway through the game, and he doesn’t say too much (and looks just like all the other dragons in the caves). I still think the original was great.

Diablo - FF8
Eden - FF8
Bahamut - FF10
Neo Bahamut - FF7
Hades - FF7
Leviathan - FF9

Originally posted by Reno
I like all the bahamut summons, but the one I like the most has to be BahamutZero from FFVII. That summon animation is just… cool. All hail BahamutZero. does quite a ridiculous over dramatic bow

Did someone call me? :hahaha;

Bahamut! They’re all cool (except FF7’s), but I liked FFIV’s the best, mostly because it was the only FF game that gave the summons any kind of back-story.

And to all of you who like Shiva because she looks hot: :hahaha;
Shiva’s a man. Almost everything in FF is derived from mythology/religion/legends/etc. Shiva comes from Hindu as the god of destruction (the other explanations I’ve seen were too big of stretches) and one of his other names literaly means The Androdgynous Lord

So? Final Fantasy has a lot of legends gone completely wrong. For instance, Shiva is female in the Final Fantasy series, not male. The Ragnarok sword/ship/ability is actually the end of the world in norse legend. There are a lot of things in the FF series and Kingdom Hearts like that!

So? It’s a game, it’s not supposed to get everything right. In fact, I rather like some of the changes they’ve maid. I mean, would anyone like Shiva half as much if she were a he?

Originally posted by Valkyrie Esker
I mean, would anyone like Shiva half as much if she were a he?

Absolutley not.

Bahamut Zero, Neo Bahamut, Shiva and Carbuncle. I also liked Ark from FF9

More origins of names:
Ixion - I don’t remember and the source I found it in is at home, but a king in the Meditaranean region during the Roman period, slept with someone he shouldn’t have and was killed for it (by Jupiter I believe).
Anima - translates as mind sometimes, or more appropriately soul
Spira - breath
machina is obviously machine, i assume at least most people know that

these are all Latin words or names. I’m sure there are many more I can’t think of right now, but for a large number of the words, check a Latin (or maybe Greek in some cases) dictionary to see where they got the idea for the name. Of course, a great deal of the words come from Japanese legend (e.g. Masamune, Murasame, Muramasa, etc.)

i’d have to go with an unmentioned summon, partly because the power to destroy and give life is to me, the ultimate greatness.

should have been put into more FF’s than it was.