FFX-B-
FFIII-B-
FFVII-B-
FFTA-C
FFII-D+
FFVIII-D-
FFCC-F(55)
FFX-2-F(35)

I actually changed my mind a bit recently. FF4 is way lower on my list than it was. The game balancing is terrible, and the story is cliche.

I might as well post mine, too:

FF6 - A+
FF7 - A+
FF8 - C
FF9 - B-
FF10 - B+
FF10-2 - D-
I’ll have to stop there, since they’re the only ones I’ve played.

Oh, and the Spirits Within: C.

FFT: A+
FFI: A+ (yay, nostalgia)
FFVI: A
FFX: A
FFIV: A-
FFVIII: B+
FFVII: B-
FFV: B-
FFMQ: B-
FFIX: C
FFX-2: C
FFXI: C
FFCC: C-
FFTA: F

FFTA: C+
FFIV: A-
FFV: C
FFVII: A
FFVIII: B
FFIX: B
FFX: B
FFX-2: B

Hades, I do believe you’ve made me want to play FFVIII again. I never finished it, mainly because it was so complex. I kept approaching it like any other Final Fantasy game, which didn’t really require much thought. So, basically, I thought of it more like either the game was flawed, or I wasn’t bothering to really understand it.

I wanted to buy weapons. I shouldn’t have to understand the ability system. It should understand ME.

Yeah, kind of self-righteous.

FFT-Without a doubt, one of the best games I’ve ever played. It was the first strategy game I ever played if you don’t count that demo of Front Mission 3 that came with Vagrant Story. Mature stories have always been interesting to me, even when I was twelve. If you followed that storyline, you would be enthralled. I could write an article about the parallels and tragic relationship between Delita and Algus alone. The battle system and music don’t even need to be mentioned. Too bad FFTA sacrificed so much of that drama.

FFVII-It was the first RPG I ever played, and the characters, story, and music will always be something of a wonder to me. It’s something magical folks.

FFVI-I haven’t even finished my first playthrough of this game yet, and while the plot has already been ruined for me, I can understand why so many people like this game. Seeing the opera for the first time…even in this day and age, there’s something timeless about the whole game.

Same here, no other came close in my mind.

You latecomers and FFVII! It’s all about FFI nostalgia.

The Materia system is the 3rd best system IMO, after the Sphere Grid and the Old-School FF-IXish system. Anyway, I like FFIX more in the gameplay department because the Sphere Grid and the Materia system tend to make all characters feel almost the same. I LOVE FFs with the mage-knight-healer-thief-summoner-whatever system besides full character customization, even if in the latter case I tend to reproduce old-school characters.

I like FFX the most, but all the others I give A

Who doesn’t like using weaker-than-recommended weapons for HOURS because it has the skill you need? Whoopie-freaking-doo!

Don’t get me wrong, I loved IX, but the ability learning was a step backwards from the Esper system (Which already had it’s flaws for being way too powerful) and whomever thought it was a good idea to use it in FFTA (Where it’s even worse) needs to be fired.

I agree, but you’ re satisfied after learning those skills. To learn them, I take a break from the storyline and fight random battles like a mad…leveling up in the process. :mwahaha:

)

Well, I thought about it. I guess I am a little skewed towards the series being that it is my favorite video game series. But if I had to be a tad more objective.

*****= Classic; every video game fan, not just FF fans should own.
****= Great game; Not perfect, but worth a play.
***= good game, but seriously flawed. The Good slightly outweighs the bad.
**= poor game: either due to age, or just poor ideas, a game that gets this rating doesn’t hold up.
*= Basically, a shit-fest.

Final Fantasy 1- **
Final Fantasy 2- **
Final Fantasy 3- **
Final Fantasy 4- **** 1/2
Final Fantasy MQ *
Final Fantasy 5- **** 1/2
Final Fantasy 6- *****
Final Fantasy 7- *****
Final Fantasy T- *****
Final Fantasy 8- ***
Final Fantasy 9- **** 1/2
Final Fantasy X- **** 1/2
Final Fantasy X2- ***
Final Fantasy CC- ***
Final Fantasy XI- N/A
Final Fantasy Origins- ***

any questions about my choices, PM me.

I agree with FF6 Locke, FF6 and 7 are near-perfect games. FF6 could very well be the best RPG I’ve played, with over 12 playable characters, nearly all of whom were given superb background and development, and tons of side-quests and secrets as well. FF7 took the series to the next generation, and did so brilliantly; the mini-games were genius in their simplicity; I’m surprised Square didn’t repeat this feature in subsequent titles, although I suppose it gives FF7 a unique feature.

I’d rate FF10 lower, even though I loved that game as well, for both gameplay and storyline reasons. There’s just a couple of things that bring it down - I found the magic/abilities development system (Sphere Grid, I think) to be time-consuming and boring, and didn’t really enjoy the side-quests either. A lot of time was spent on a storyline which wasn’t that good. FF9 was just a little too slow with the battles.

Might as well post here. I’ll use FF6 Locke’s rating system, because I like it.

FF1: ** (or *** for the PSX version)
FF2: * (** for the PSX version)
FF3: ****
FF4: *****
FF5: ****
FF6: *****
FF7: *****
FFT: ***
FF8: ***
FF9: ****
FFX: *****
FFX2: ***

Too hard to say which one was my faviorite, minus tree because I never got to play it…and eight was ok…

FFIX-A+
FFX-2-A
FFX-A-
FFVII-B+
FFIV-B
FFVI-B-
FFV-C+
FF CC-C
FF-C-
FFVIII-Big Fat F

FFVII-A+
FFX-A-
FFX-2-A-
FFIX-haven’t finished it yet but it is really good so far- don’t be surprised if this one ends up at the top of the list once I’me done with it.
FFTactics-B+
FFVIII-B

The only ones I’ve played so far.

how was three exactly?

I think that Locke’s rating system is very good as well, so I shall use it.

Final Fantasy 1- **
Final Fantasy 2- *
Final Fantasy 3- **
Final Fantasy 4- ***
Final Fantasy MQ **
Final Fantasy 5- ****
Final Fantasy 6- *****
Final Fantasy 7- ****
Final Fantasy T- ****
Final Fantasy 8- ***
Final Fantasy 9- **
Final Fantasy X- **
Final Fantasy X2- ****
Final Fantasy CC- N/A
Final Fantasy XI- Shouldn’t have roman numerals after it. Doesn’t count.
Final Fantasy Origins- N/A