Faith...in what? (very angsty)

Yeah…right. Nice logic, there…

Well, I saw the kosher seal on the pickles, but it was also on the regular pickles. So yeah, probably just the type of pickle and the flavoring.

I really do not understand Christianity, really. What if I’ve never even HEARD of Jesus Christ, and I’ve lived a noble and righteous life. Why should I go to Hell simply because I’ve never heard of someone that I’d completely click with?

I do not accept Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior because although I believe there is truth in Christianity, I do not believe it is the only truth. Perhaps I’m mad, but I think that our realities are shaped by our very thoughts. I believe that you can contact any God or Goddess that ever existed in any religion if you try hard enough. I believe in all Gods, from JHV/YHW to Loki to Aphrodite to Allah EXIST. Christianity, Islam, and Judaism are Middle Eastern mythologies that grew (Christianity moreso than the others) to encompass the entire world. What was once the God of one singular group in the Middle East became a God that everyone has heard about. It’s a truely amazing thing, but it really doesn’t click with me.

I don’t get the Bible. I don’t get why Job had to suffer, I don’t get why babies had to have their heads dashed on rocks, and I don’t get why many Christians put more emphasis on the Ten Commandments to say… the Beatitudes. I wish that I could. I’m afraid that if there is a Hell, I’m going there. And despite all I say, I’m scared of that. But I would be a fraud to call myself Christian, and it would insult other Christians, as well as people who actually share the beliefs within my heart.

I think that was probably rambling and semi-incomprehensible. Sorry.

I really do not understand Christianity, really. What if I’ve never even HEARD of Jesus Christ, and I’ve lived a noble and righteous life. Why should I go to Hell simply because I’ve never heard of someone that I’d completely click with?
You wouldn’t. You’re right about one thing though, you fail to understand Christianity.

This thread is on the fast track to hilarities! And by hilarities I mean awesomeness, and by awesomeness I mean being closed! :smiley:

You and your damn optimism.

And with that logic that poster presented, that makes God just… how?How could you condemn somebody for never being told something?

And didn’t Jesus say something like if you follow his path of kindness and good deeds, Heaven will open for you as well?

That’s what I really, really hate about religion. “Do as we say or BURN IN HELL!”

That’s incorrect. Hades, by Christian belief, anyone that doesn’t accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior cannot get into Heaven. They best you can pull out is Limbo (Rightous non-believers, the place with all the unbaptized babies and rightout people who lived before the coming of Christ go), you can’t even get into puragatory. And while there won’t be a whole lot of torment going on, it’s still a part of Hell, just a “calm yet sad” part.

While liberal Catholics and Protestants may believe in salvation through merely good works, more conservative Catholics, Protestants, and certainly the Born Agains actually DO believe what I said, Hades. My knowledge of Christianity is not as one sided as yours, although I do not understand it as a whole. Different sects have different opinions, and all of them claim to be correct (and all of them can “prove” how correct they are with carefully selected Biblical passages, oftentimes taken out of context). I suggest you don’t be so rude to me, Hades. If you’re this rude in real life, I’m sure that someone will punch you in the face. Or worse, humiliate you by proving you wrong.

Purgatory and Limbo is more of a Catholic belief, Epic. You’ll be hard pressed to find a devout Protestant (as in Protestant in more than name only) that believes in those concepts.

It is not about Ireland. I had forgotten who had posted that. This is just about not accepting blame.

A) You get pocketmoney. Save it.
B) You can get a job. Therefore it’s your choice. Choice=fault. Simple.

And that is precisely why he has a LJ to bitch in…:stuck_out_tongue:

Just kidding, Hades.

Anyways, I think GAP expressed what I wanted to say better than I could have about Christianity.

Am I the only person here who doesn’t have a LJ???

<font size=“6”>WHOAAAAA CHILL GUYS :P</font>

I wasn’t completely serious :stuck_out_tongue: I probably should’ve put a colon p after that post :stuck_out_tongue:

Being lazy is not a choice; it’s automatic. :stuck_out_tongue:

It is a choice. It is very much a choice. I am very lazy, but that’s through choice. I am lazy because I make the decision not to do anything. I know this because I can choose not to be lazy, and have done so.

It’s not always a choice. Some people are perceived as lazy because they lack self-confidence and are afraid to do things out of fear of failure.

Heh, from what I’ve listened to at Church, God will accept you no matter what. There’s no “you do this and you’re fucked” kind of stuff. Humans are stupid, and they mess up. This is what I really want to believe, but I don’t know.

What really pisses me off though, are the extreme Catholics or whatever, “You say damn and you’ll go to hell!” and that kind of bullshit. Ahhh, why does Elizabeth have to be Catholic??

Lanyx, it’s for that very reason, that I don’t bother with religion. I mean, I have my beliefs, as does everyone, but I just can’t stand religion. It is just completely full of shit.

Some of the ideologies(sp?) are great, when not taken too far, but that’s the problem. People just don’t no when to say enough is enough.

I’ve heard about Jehova witnesses not being real Christians. By there own rules, their religion is invalidated. They say all other religions are wrong because they were created by man. Their’s was created by a guy in the 1950s, therefore, their religion is also invalid. Judging from the ones I’ve met, the only way they’ll get into heaven is if they reach a certain quota of saved souls.
I have always believed to never take the Bible word for word. Of course when I brought it up that maybe a load of the Bible is symbolic to my Cathecism teacher he told me I was wrong and that dinosaurs never existed. Questioning the Bible doesn’t seem like a bad thing to do. It may be divinely inspired but that doesn’t change the fact it was written down by man. The story of Job for one has bothered me since I read it. I basically understand what my teacher’s have tried to tell me about it, but that doesn’t change the fact that all his kids never had a chance to have faith in God and enjoy life.
All the natural disasters I wouldn’t blame on God, I’d say Mother Nature is royally ticked at us, and she doesn’t care if both the good and the bad are wiped out by her fury.

True. But not in this case; it’s unexplicable. I do stuff; all the fucking time, like, physical activities. But people still consider me lazy even after constant activity. Although the people who mainly consider me lazy are people who stereotypize teenagers as always being lazy.

PS; Dalton, remember your old Clive avatar? Since I’ve seen it so much; on the Agora, I decided to rename Clive, to Dalton in my WA3 file. I don’t know, but it suits it much better. :stuck_out_tongue: