Fahrenheit 9/11

Too late, not listening :stuck_out_tongue:

Hear no evil…

Uhm actually, if you screw up you have to deal with the consequences, and eventually that’s people rubbing salt into your wounds :stuck_out_tongue:
If you trip and fall, there’s always going to be people who point and laugh. Fair? Who gives a shit? Life is not fair, deal with it :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, but law doesn’t work that way. Haven’t you heard that ignorance is never an excuse? If you speed and a cop pulls you over, you aren’t getting out of a ticket jsut because you didn’t know better or didn’t know the speed limit. If someone is mentally ill and kills someone, they are sitll going to go to jail.

Also, I wouldn’t say that it is making fun of him if it is just showing clips of him. If it did something like say ask bogus quesitons and fuind him sayign something about a serious subject that is a funny answer, then yeah that’s be making fun, but if it is showing him doing sutff in its entirety, it is just showing him. Besides, by becoming a public figure you are openning yourself up to criticism.

I used to hate Bush a lot, but aftyer seeing 911 Road to Tyranny, he seems like a bigger idot, but other Presidents and leaders seem to be as dangerous as he is. I still hate Bush and will vote against him, but the situation still sucks. Hell, Kerry is only the nominee since he won in Iowa. After that, he got back into the spotlight and it created momentum for him and a stigma abotu voting for him. Had his victory in Iowa not been televised until all the primaries were done, things probably would be different.

One word: Yeah. Life is unfair and ignorance is apparently punishable by law, whether we like it or not. Bush is what he is, do we have to make movies of his stupidity? I may not like it, but I can’t do anything about it, I’m just blowing off steam. I don’t think he deserves a movie about his stupid moments, it seems one sided to me, I prefer to have both sides before judging. Then again, people could argue that the movie was the other side to Bush’s lies, but I don’t think Moore went about it the right way. Is it so wrong to feel we should leave the poor fool alone? Everyone knows he’s already lost the reelection. That was the only point of that movie, no matter how you argue, it was aimed at making Bush out to be an evil, stupid asshole. We already knew he was stupid, but I don’t think he is really evil. Then again, I always have sympathy for the villain.

As for the reelection, I may hate Bush, but I hate Kerry even more. Maybe that is why I hate this movie so much, I don’t want Kerry to win. Why can’t there ever be anyone good running for president, like Lincoln. Abe, why must your predecessors suck ass?

The poor fool? Countless families have lost their relatives, and lots of them, thanks to him- and you’re crying about his stupidity being shown openly? Boo fucking hoo! If my brother got shot by some freaking terrorists Bush being made fun of would be the least I could ask for, dangit.

Our country was founded on the ideals that if you don’t like how things are being run, you get up off your lazy ass and attempt to get things changed. People deserve to know the truth, there isn’t a second side to the truth. There’s a second side to opinion, but whether you like it or not, the movie was filled with the former moreso then the latter. Sure, it’s going to be slightly biased, but the truth is still truth, no matter who’s showing it. The problem, recently and always, is that these truths aren’t being shown at all, and people like you thrive on the “what I don’t know won’t hurt me” ideal. Well, here’s a fucking reality check, what you don’t know damn well can hurt you.

No one is exempt. No one has the right to have their actions hidden in shadows while these same actions are threatening the livelyhood of others. These truths need to be told, and if the general population is so brain-dead they can’t figure anything out on their own, I have no qualms with exploiting their lust for entainment. People need to be informed, even those not willing to take the means to inform themselves.

And being made fun of? Yeah right, I don’t think Bush is worried about being made fun of in a movie. He’s probably worried about the truths that the movie protrays.

And no one is forcing you to deal with life, but most people decide that attempting to make their life better is far more satisifing then either bitching about it or using the more dire way out.

You join the military, you can expect to be shot at. I may respect the military, but unless you are drafted, I don’t sympathize for you. Don’t get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for those guys and I’m joining the army after high school. I know I will be shot at, maybe even killed, but I won’t ask for sympathy. You don’t see Infonick going I’m a marine, cry for me. He merely does what he has to. By the way, it’s good to see you’re not dead Info. Now I can annoy you more :stuck_out_tongue:

What you can’t see can’t hurt you, eh? Where the hell have you been, the whole world knows he is an idiot. Once again, I don’t see the necessity of the movie. Maybe they don’t realize how stupid he is, but they know he is stupid, that’s what counts. And the only thing that I’ve seen that he has done wrong is the war and the whole Mars crap (really, really stupid). He has screwed over the economy, huh? How do you know Bill Clinton did anything for the economy to begin with? Let’s think of what new inventions came onto the market (or became more popular) during Clinton’s presidency- cell phones, computers, video games, etc. Bill Gates is evidence that computer sales alone is a lot of money. Now that there isn’t a sudden boom for these items, the economy will naturally go down hill. I think he did pretty okay. The war has damaged our relations with other countries, but recently he has tried to improve that. Yup, I think he is a pretty mediocre president. And hell, I don’t know why he truly insists on war, but I’m going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

To be perfectly frank, most people don’t deserve the respect you think you’re giving them. People earn my respect, and Bush certinly doesn’t have the track record to merit any from me.

But what the hell ever, we’re arguing with a fucking brick for christ sakes. Think whatever the hell you want, I really don’t give a damn, you’re not even giving good responces, it’s just opinion with no basis of fact. Pure opinions only work when you’re talking to people who agree completly with you.

Don’t be silly, no one ever agrees with me. If you are hesitant to give out respect, that is a personal problem. As for me, I respect everyone, although there are different degrees of respect. And who needs evidence, as long as I can piss you off until you give up. Hey, a forfeit is still a victory :stuck_out_tongue:

Do you respect serial murderers and rapists?

Yes, I do. I also hate them. You look at them all wrong. I admire them, it takes a lot to be hated and despised. Besides, would you be able to murder or rape someone? It’s a sick thing, but I respect them none the less.

Yeah, I could murder someone. I just have the ethical decency to know that it’s wrong and that it hurts people. I don’t respect people with no regard for human life.

Who knows what drives them to do it? Since you are not a murderer, I doubt you could think like them. And if you don’t want to respect them, go ahead. But it takes a cold heart to do something like that, only someone with inner strength could do it. I admire them for that strength, even if I hate them for their actions.

It doesn’t take a lot to be hated and despised. Really.

'Besides, would you be able to murder or rape someone?" Eventually? If I give up all of my self- control and give in to my animalistic instincts. It’s nothing to be respected for, rather the opposite.

'Besides, would you be able to murder or rape someone?" Eventually? If I give up all of my self- control and give in to my animalistic instincts. It’s nothing to be respected for, rather the opposite.

Talking from experience? :slight_smile: Once again, are you a murderer or rapist? You cannot fully understand someone unless you are them. You go kill or rape someone and then come back.

How do you know that I’m not a murderer?

Besides. Assuming I was not. How would you explain the phenomena that killing gets easier the more often you do it? They don’t have strength, they lose their strength and also their sense for morality, their self- control and respect for others with every kill. In other words, you’re respecting a non-existant thing.

Somehow I doubt you understand them better than me.

Oh.
And somehow I doubt you have a brain.
Opinion, opinion. See? Goes nowhere. You’re just denying facts here :stuck_out_tongue:

You admire murders and rapists for their strength? Holy shit, you are one revolting human being. A rapist doesn’t have strength- it’s a lack of strength and will power that makes someone a rapist. And a murderer is strong just because he killed someone? I guess in your eyes I’d be amazingly strong if I took a gun and shot you.