Fahrenheit 9/11

This movie makes me so freakin’ angry! Damn you Michael Moore! All your movies suck and you should go to hell! I mean, you don’t have to like the president, in fact it’s a rare thing if you do, but to mock the president is too far. Same for Bill Clinton, poor guy, I don’t agree with any of his crap, but when the whole Monica Lewinsky stuff blew over, the damn media was ruthless. I have no problem with disagreeing with politicians, but you don’t have to mock them. Once again the media has suceeded in pissing me off.

I’m more enraged at that guy who sat in the classroom for seven minutes while countless people were being incinerated in the World Trade Center Towers.

I agree with one thing you said, he doesn’t need to mock the president. The president makes a mockery of himself as it is.

It really puts a big dent in your righteous moral indignation when you can’t even muster any objection at all to starting a murderous, unnecessary war based entirely on blatant lies. If “the media” had ever done its job in the first place, by questioning Bush while he was lying the country into that war, there’d be no need for Moore. Most of his “mockery” consists of just showing previously unseen footage of Bush, anyway.

George W. Bush needs to stop being a Bush and become an American. *Nod, nod.

I personally don’t agree with how Clinton was treated, so we agree there at least. The man gave America it’s most prosperous years in it’s history. If he screwed up his personal life at the end then that’s something for him and his family to deal with (and by all accounts he is doing so).

Bush on the other hand deserves everything he gets. He’s ruined the country and alienated the world for the sake of his rich friends. I haven’t seen the film yet but I’ve seen the trailers, and some of Bush’s soundbytes are fuckin’ terrifying.

I personally don’t agree with how Clinton was treated, so we agree there at least.

Someone agrees with me on something? Damn, that’s a first.

It really puts a big dent in your righteous moral indignation when you can’t even muster any objection at all to starting a murderous, unnecessary war based entirely on blatant lies. If “the media” had ever done its job in the first place, by questioning Bush while he was lying the country into that war, there’d be no need for Moore. Most of his “mockery” consists of just showing previously unseen footage of Bush, anyway.

Once again I would like to point out (damn it, why can’t anyone listen to me) that you don’t have to like the guy or agree with him. As for the war being unnecessary, war is almost always unnecessary. As for Bush making a mockery of himself, it’s what politicians do. He may be an idiot, but he is our idiot. Haven’t you ever heard the saying: My country, right or wrong? If you don’t like him, then simply don’t vote for him.

Sounds like a great motto. My country, right or wrong. Don’t bother trying to get people behind you to improve it.

First of all, that’s like saying, “My mother, drunk or sober.” Second of all, it doesn’t have anything to do with this, because Moore’s attacking <i>Bush</i>, not the <i>country</i>. I have news for you: The reason why so many people in the United States don’t like Bush is exactly <i>because</i> they love their country and hate to see what Bush is doing to it. Bush isn’t just “an idiot,” he’s gotten 862 Americans and thousands of Iraqis killed for no good goddamn reason. It’s important that everyone know that, and Moore’s film brings it home.

First of all, that’s like saying, “My mother, drunk or sober.” Second of all, it doesn’t have anything to do with this, because Moore’s attacking Bush, not the country. I have news for you: the reason why so many people in the United States don’t like Bush is exactly because they love their country and hate to see what Bush is doing to it. If Bush were just “an idiot,” that would be one thing, but he’s gotten 862 Americans and thousands of Iraqis killed for no good goddamn reason. It’s important that everyone know that, and Moore’s film brings it home.

I didn’t come up with that saying, it just plain and simply means you should support your country no matter what. And if your mother is a drunkard, I would suggest you support her too. I’m not saying don’t try to correct her, but you shouldn’t cast her aside and mock her for her misfortunate “alcohol problem”. Also, a leader might not be the country itself, but he/she is symbolic for the country. If an idiot is elected, it is because people were stupid enough to elect him in the first place. It might not symbolic for everyone, but in a democracy, it is symbolic for the majority. As for killing people, that is what happens when you give an idiot a gun.

If what I have read and seen (from sources other than Moore) than the greater majority of you didn’t.

-but he/she is symbolic for the country

In that case, Adolf Hitler was also a symbol of a country. Great precedent there.

And if your mother is a drunkard, I would suggest you support her too.

Let’s continue with the metaphor then. Wouldn’t it be better, rather than supporting her, to convince her to seek help? That is what Moore is doing with Americans.

We <i>are</i> supporting our country. We’re supporting it by supporting what is best for it, which is getting Bush the hell out of office in November. Bush took an oath to uphold the Constitution, not to trample on it and lie us into war in order to turn our republic into an empire. If he abuses his authority as president, he harms the country and our civic duty is to hold him accountable for it. One step towards doing that involves exposing the fraudulent nature of his war and the costs entailed; hence, Moore’s film.

Let’s continue with the metaphor then. Wouldn’t it be better, rather than supporting her, to convince her to seek help? That is what Moore is doing with Americans.

Moore is not doing that with Americans. He is poking fun of the alcohol problem. That is my point!!! And she should get help!

No he isn’t. He is drawing attention to how badly Bush has screwed up America. How else are people going to wake up and realise they need him out of there?

No, he’s showing Americans that the problem stems from an incompetent administration and a wasteful and unnecessary war based on fraudulent premises. He’s saying that these things harm American troops, American society, and American well-being, all of which he treats with great respect, and suggesting that we cure the problem by getting rid of the administration.

No he isn’t. He is drawing attention to how badly Bush has screwed up America. How else are people going to wake up and realise they need him out of there?

You may see it that way, but I don’t.

You seem to have a ‘hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil’ approach to politics then.

EDIT: Also change your damned sig, since it’s obvious to everyone except yourself you don’t have any logic anyway, only faith.

You seem to have a ‘hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil’ approach to politics then.

Actually, it’s quite the contrary. I’m an anarchist and I disagree with every politician. What I do agree with however is to respect everyone, no matter what. He may have abused his power, but no one is perfect. You guys prove it every day, and I know all my faults. Besides, I don’t think he did it intentionally, so I can’t think he is evil.

Also, I’ve never claimed to be wise. I’ve also never claimed to have faith… If any of you knew me, you would know how stupid what you just said is.

No matter how you ‘see it’, and no matter if you like it, the intent of Micheal Moore’s movies are clear: it’s to bring attention to a particular problem that isn’t getting enough attention, or that most peopel are unaware of. His movies are not artistic, but expository; thusly, your interpretation of the movie’s meaning has little matter. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m done with this thread. I’m prepared to go with most of what people say, but what you just said is utterly fucking moronic. Other people can argue this out.

How the FUCK can you get into office on a semi-legal technicality, turn an economy from the biggest surplus in HISTORY into the biggest DEFICIET in history, increase taxes for the poor, decrease taxes for the rich, create an Act that utterly guts personal privacy, send the entire nation into an alternatly patriotic/paranoid state of collective mind, and let us not forget LIE TO THE ENTIRE FUCKIGN WORLD about invading a country under a manifesto HE KNEW WAS FALSE FROM THE START, ACCIDENTALY?

What world have you been LIVING on?