Eva is a sceeeerdy cat

Yes. Very. Let me just say I’m very glad for the 4 days I have off. Otherwise I might’ve done something I’d regret.

Ugh, I have to work Sunday. Seven hours of making change and trying to stifle the deadly urge.

Yep, I work one day a month, and somehow I still find time to bitch.

Playing dumb comes naturally to me :biggrin:

I’ve seen nerds that were far more dangerous than any sort of bigger person ever. For example, I’ve seen nerds carry some pretty sharp jackknives, brass knucks and guns.

Lol. Brass knuckles? A big guy is going to destroy any little punk that pulls out some brass knuckles on him. And jackknives and a gun, if you’re stupid enough to use those in trying to capture a mall thief, you already lose.

I’ve never had to deal with any type of theft myself. But there was a fire (a small one) set while I was working in the car park.

Luckily the manager and secruity had already been notified, by the time I had noticed it. So they handled it quickly.

brass knuckles… bah schoolyard toys(i have a nice scar over my left eye from one). Knives and guns though, those are serious. If you harm someone for shoplifting, i can almost guarentee you will get hauled off to jail too. If they aren’t doing anything threatening or harmful to anyone, you are not justified to assault them. However, i’m not sure if this varies from state-to-state, but you can use force if you are placing them under a citizens arrest. But if they run, what are you gonna do ? shoot em ? chase them down and stab them in the back ? that will look really good in court, if if they die you could get strung up for murder. If you carry a weapon, you need to be intelligent enough to know when to use it. Even drawing a weapon in a public place, like a mall, can get you arrested. All someone has to do is say “i saw so and so waving a gun around.” or “he pulled out a knife” and BAM, you’re liable. A few pieces of clothing or a some jewelry isnt worth getting killed, or becoming a killer over. now, if they preform and armed robery or assult someone, THEN is when you open up that can of worms on them. I’m just rambling on and on now, so i’m gonna crop this short…

True. If you get in a confrontation and do anything that doesn’t facilitate your running away like the scaredy cat you are, then news flash: <i>you are part of the problem</i>. You are officially also an asshole.

Furthermore, pulling a weapon like a knife is considered deadly force. In fact, in CA the punishment is more serious for carrying a concealed knife than a concealed gun.

Well I went in today, and I was told that they had no record of my call. Translated into, “Our nightshift guy was being lazy, and therefore, we will not be held responsible!”

Dicks.

kraken, i dont know much about california and california state law. Here you can carry anything but a switchblade.