Do you remember any Enix games before the merger?

I remember playing a game called Illusions of Gaia that enix made… Very weird game indeed… sort of a zelda on crack or zelda oh gawd please be over… they had this guy that looked like Olmac from the nickelodeon show called Legends of the Hidden temple… He asks you if you want to sleep and if you say yes you go to the screen just has his face and some eerie creepy music plays and it seems your on a acid trip until you reset or turn off the power… OMGosh i wonder what people were on when they made this game…

Oh, let’s see… Dragon Warrior of course, being their flagship series (which Square kinda ripped off in Final Fantasy as I understand), then there’s Actraiser, 7th Saga (Okay, I didn’t play that, my sister did though), EVO: Search for Eden, Ogre Battle, Robotrek, Soulblazer-Illusion of Gaia-Terrangima (they’re in the same series). Well, Enix didn’t make all these, but they had a good hand in 'em.

I know they helped with Star Ocean: The Second Story.

The games from Enix that I’ve played and remembers fondly of are Actraiser, 7th Saga, Ogre Battle, Robotrek, Soulblazer, Illusion of Gaia, and Brainlord.

is currently playing IoG God, I love Enix Games! After this, I play Robotrek!

Star Ocean 2. I think that’s it.
:moogle:

Grandia Xtreme was made by Enix before the merge. It’s not as good as Grandia 2, but it’s still a damn good game.

Guys! You forgot Valykrie Profile! :hyperven:

and How could I forget those lovely Enix titles, I remember my first taste of RPG was when I played Dragonwarrior at my cousin’s house when I was like 6 years old. And Soul Blazer and Terranigma are both in my list of top-5 SNES RPGs . . .

Yup . . . good times . . . good times indeed. I can’t wait until Dragonquest VIII (hopefully by then I would have a ps2)

Most of the games mentioned here weren’t developed by Enix, but by smaller companies, and published by Enix (for instance, Soulblazer, Illusion of Gaia, Terranigma, Robotrek, and Actraiser were developed by Quintet, and Star Ocean and Valkyrie Profile were developed by Tri-Ace, and the Grandia games are made by Game Arts…I don’t even think Enix had anything to do with Ogre Battle…in any case, Ogre Battle was developed by Quest anyway).

Dragon Quest is definately Enix’s crown jewel, though. I hope the merger with Square doesn’t make the future Dragon Quest games end up being more like Final Fantasy games…(I love both series, but for different reasons).

Originally posted by Valkyrie Esker
God, I love Enix Games! After this, I play Robotrek!

<3 Robotrek. The whole combining parts thing was just too cool

To tell you the truth,
I never even heard of Enix before the merger.:thud:

Enix was a very nice company. can only be better merged with square. Me liky the DW games and 7th saga.

can someone tell me what were they thinking about that sleeping thing in illusion of gaia… and tell me this what is up with the Box thing in Terriangma? eh? eh? i’m telling you its those damn drugs… hahahahhaha!:eek:

DWM was excellent as well.

The DW games are what got me into RPG’s in the first place. So far I’ve finished all of them except DW6. That’s on my to-do list though.

i liked the Enix Soul Blazer because it was easy to use my Pro Action replay on it to find codes that gave you all the swords , magics and armors at the beginning of the game-

It’s not the first time you do this so I’ll explain it to you. Posting on a thread that has been dead (I.E. Nobody posted on it for a long while) is called Necroposting.

If you pay attention, the last person who posted here did it in August 2003, this makes this thread freakishingly pre-historical. The point where a thread becomes dead depends on the forum. In the Main Forum, anything on the first and half of the second page is fine, here in FFC there are rarely more than four topics going at the same time and slight Necroposting (More or less one month old) is normal. Still, use commons sense: If nobody has talked about in four months, then it’s dead and if you want to discuss that topic again, it’s recommendable to create a new thread.

Note that I’m not an Moderator nor an Admin, I’m just a user and have no power over you. There isn’t even a rule against Necroposting, it’s just something that some people find annoying.

Maybe she is some kind of past-future phenomenon. She is livingin the past, but posting in the future!

Every time i think of Enix, i think of Epyx…

Dragon Warrior games of course, and 7th Saga was made by them I’m pretty sure. I know they didn’t “make” Star Ocean 2 or Valkyrie Profile, otherwise I would count those too.