Do you remember any Enix games before the merger?

(I know, I know… necropost… blah… >_>)

Technically, 7th Saga was made by Produce. Enix was really more of a publishing company than a developer. Even the DQ series wasn’t made by Enix (Chun Soft is responsible for several, Heartbeat for 7, 4r and 5r, and Level-5 for 8), but Enix staff wrote, animated, and composed music for them. Enix just isn’t a great group of programmers. And, when we look at it that way, Final Fantasy I wasn’t programmed by Square, either.

And I feel really sorry for those of you who hadn’t heard of Enix before the merger. Some of my favorite games are made by Enix.

(and, for extra brownie points, what Quintet game didn’t Hiryuu mention, and was in effect their last game?)

(More Necromancy but, ah well.)
I have game published by Enix. It’s called Robot Alchemic Drive in the States. It has giants robots. The giant robots then proceed to beat the crap out of godzilla wannabes. I find it entertaining. Defering to Saturn, i don’t know who it was developedby, but it was published by enix.

This thread ROCKS. It’s been brought back from the dead TWICE. If I were as cool as this thread, I’d be INVINCIBLE!

I’m gonna say, the Zero Yon…?

Do you mean Ipex? You know, the “world’s most advanced bra” that Victoria’s Secret has been going on?

Actually, I was looking for Granstream Saga, a poorly received PS1 RPG that THQ published and was created by Quintet. Though, I realize now, I forgot to add that ever important “in America…” >_> (<A HREF=“http://www.quintet.co.jp/q_games.html”>click me! I’m a link!</A>)

And Epyx was a company that made PC and console games in the before time, in the long long ago. I personally still have copies of Impossible Mission and JumpMan on my Commodore 64. :smiley:

Granstream Saga was released in 1998 (1997 in Japan). (What’s the deal with Shade and Quintet working on this game?)

The Zero Yon was released in 2001 (But wasn’t released in America).

Also, I think Quintet co-developed Planet Laika, released in 1999.

Oh! Epyx was the company responsible for “Todd’s Adventures in Slime World”, right? I love that game, and I’m seeking a copy of the Genesis version. You wouldn’t happen to have that, would you?

Oh yah.
Thanks to dragonquester i can read this superb thread.

Mr. Saturn, Hiryuu if RPGC was some kind of a gaming college, you would be considered as the coolest teachers :wink:

Dude, I wish it were a college. Then I could lay out a lesson plan in which I taught you guys all about the history of gaming (well, at least RPGs), and then have Hiryuu fill in any holes or inconsistancies that I gave out. I assume it’d work better that way, cause I don’t know if I could catch any of Hiryuu’s mistakes. :stuck_out_tongue:

Though I’m pretty sure Cid would have be to headmaster of the Final Fantasy department, and likely dean of the college to boot. :smiley:

I never make mitsakes.