Do they finish last?

Gutsy call on that one Shinobi. Unfortunately, at BU my roommate from hell, one Gil Adler (little piece of shit who I’ll kill one day) treated girls like garbage, and he had 5 girlfriends while I tried the nice guy approach and got 0. What a shit-filled world where the jerks get the benefits, all because of motherfucking confidence. I hate that word…

Try learning martial arts.

edit: something you learn when you can get chicks is that you don’t really want all chicks. A lot of them are just trashy, droney bitches that are as empty as the guys who pick em up. Which is why they get picked up. As I mentionned earlier, target audience matters. The question that arises, HR, is would you really have wanted to get into a relationship with any of those girls? While it is fun to get some action, if you’re after something more long lasting, its still a tough search.

See, what Nul said is actually perfectly right. Sure, your asshole roommate might have had 5 girlfriends. So what? Sometimes, girls have to go through the phase of dating the complete shitheads before they realize that’s not what they want. I’ve seen it happen with some of my friends. They dated the assholes, they realized that they don’t want that. Being the nice guy means you have to wait, but is it rewarding? Yes. You’ve probably got to wait, but it’s definitely rewarding. Hell, I was wondering a lot of the same things last semester, but I was patient, and I found someone who is absolutely wonderful in every way, shape, and form. It’s just got to take time and patience for you to find that person for you.

And I’ve seen girls really not realize what the hell was wrong with their choice in men and I know that they’re not the only exceptions.

You’re wrong about one thing. You don’t need to be able to get chicks to learn you don’t really want most of them.

I was placing it in context of his comments to make a point.

Oh well, I’m not about to argue with you anyway. I agree completely with what you said. I could name off a dozen droney bitches right now if I wanted.

Well yeah, there’s always going to be people like that Sin =P. I’m talking about the ones that are worth being with though =P

I’d basically learn martial arts to defend myself from assholes, who flood the planet. I already know some Kung Fu and at basic I learn basic hand to hand. When I get out I actually want to learn the art of the staff. And yes, though they may be incredibly attractive, there are a lot of droney bitches who really don’t have much going on upstairs. My roomie’s gf was a perfect example. Yes the road to true love is long, painful, and even nonexistent for some. However, I have learned from infatuations/crushes, and when my heart has been broken, I’ve learned they weren’t so great after all, and sometimes I end up better. There’s always a conflict between what the brain wants, what the heart wants, and what the naughty bits want. Lucky for me my brain and my heart are closely tied while the naughty bits stay in the back seat, saving me from stupid behavior.

You really can’t say it’s “JUST confidence”. It’s almost like saying “I could beat you in a sprint if I was FASTER!” or “You can only beat me up cos you’re stronger than me!” The fact of the matter is, confidence says a lot about a person. It says that you’re confident with yourself. And, be honest; would YOU wanna date a person who wasn’t confident in themself? Someone who wasn’t comfortable being them? That constantly thought that they weren’t good enough, so they never showed their true self to others? That really doesn’t sound like the kinda person you wanna end up with, huh? :stuck_out_tongue:

But at the same time, “self-confidence” isn’t exactly the be-all end-all either. I mean, you could be a DICK, but a dick with self-confidence will be attractive to the ladies. It’s really hard. If you truly want to be a good person, you know that it’s much harder than it seems, and it’s always the case that doing the right thing is a hundred times harder than doing the wrong thing; it’s that much harder to be confident in yourself when doing the right thing, too.

I mean, yeah, sure you’ll get a lot of self-confidence from doing martial arts, but is it worth it? Are you sure you want to be confident in an self riddled with imperfections and jerkishnesses? It’s difficult. Know thyself. It’s probably more important than having sex with girls, but sometimes it totally doesn’t feel like it, I agree with you. Be strong! Have courage!

listen, just take this, mix it in her drink, and everything will be hunky dory and we won’t have to talk anymore :stuck_out_tongue:

Listen to <strike>Merlin</strike> Kagon for his words are wise.

Holy fuck, SG, that’s like the smartest thing ever said by humans. :smiley:

Here’s my philosophy. No matter what personality type you have, there’s always going to be some girls out there that will go for that. I personally have met a lot of girls who specifically go for a guy with a warm heart and who will treat them like a human being… my ex-gf, for example, cited my “niceness” as her primary reason for dating me.

So you just gotta stick with what you know, and who you are. Think about it – even if you were to act like an asshole, how well do you think you could pull it off? Girls are really good at figuring out when guys are being posers. Would you enjoy being with a girl who was only with you because you treated her like shit?

I’ll take what I can get at this point. The bar is very very desperately low. :smiley:

Nah, kiddin’. And I agree that SG’s one-liner was brilliance.

I must say I am impressed with his quick wit and philosophy.