Direct Quotation Without Addition: Spam?

I am getting more and annoyed by people who hit the quote button on someone else’s post and do not add anything else. Its not as prevalent as a couple of weeks ago, but I still find the people who do it really annoying and violators of the spam rule.

Granted, sometimes it is unnecessary to add something else, if their opinion matches yours or something- but I have seen plenty of times when the quoting of someone’s post seems either superfluous or thickheaded.

There really isn’t much else to say. Whatever comments or questions people have are appreciated.

Oh, I know some weisenheimer will quote this word for word and say nothing. I’ll have you know that you are neither funny nor original. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, some people are just too lazy to type :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Cybercompost
[b]I am getting more and annoyed by people who hit the quote button on someone else’s post and do not add anything else. Its not as prevalent as a couple of weeks ago, but I still find the people who do it really annoying and violators of the spam rule.

Granted, sometimes it is unnecessary to add something else, if their opinion matches yours or something- but I have seen plenty of times when the quoting of someone’s post seems either superfluous or thickheaded.

There really isn’t much else to say. Whatever comments or questions people have are appreciated.

Oh, I know some weisenheimer will quote this word for word and say nothing. I’ll have you know that you are neither funny nor original. :stuck_out_tongue: [/b]

Originally posted by Cybercompost
Oh, I know some weisenheimer will quote this word for word and say nothing. I’ll have you know that you are neither funny nor original. :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Nightblade

(must not sink to level of pure quote post)

I can see your point, but really…who cares…? I mean, I never thought of it as “spam” and granted, no one did enough for me to think of it that way. I have other things to worry about, that don’t involve the material posted in RPGC :stuck_out_tongue:

Example: this was posted in the SMBIII thread. Excuse me for pointing fingers for a second, but…

Ahkeeyou:

Originally posted by Gizamaluke
Lol.
BuTt s3cKz!

Originally posted by Nightblade and quoted by me SO IN YOUR FACE!

We’re saving ourselves from carpal tunnel syndrome brought on by too much typing…yeah, that’s it! Carpal tunnel!

<.<

>.>

But…is this bothering like loads of people and making them want to bash their heads onto their monitor for seeing some stupid quote?I don’t get it. When I see that, I just don’t take the poster seriously, thus skipping over a lot of their future posts and opinions.

I never said that!
cough
slowly scoots out of topic

Thank god, someone else is pissed off by it… :fungah:

It’s one very small step up from spam, IMO- the very least they could do is explain why they agree/disagree with the person they quoted, I don’t know why, but whenever anyone pure quote posts, I have an image of said person furiously scratching their arse while clicking on the “send message” button. :thud:

Sometimes,there’s just no better way to say something. Someone types something and there’s just no better way to say something.

Oh and the Butt S3cks thing baffles me. I saw the post, but I have no idea how it got there. Honestly.:noway:

Well… lets just say I uh…
was on GameFAQs when “BuTt s3cKz” was the phrase of the month.

I was talking about “my” quotation of Butt S3cks

Let us blame lazyness, the postcount and titles, and move on. I’m going to.

Buh, I know this is gonna sound ironic, but…
Why is it that everything that goes on around here is bitched about? Are people that goddamned bored?

Steve, you took the words right outta my mouth.

Steve, if we were out in the world doing important things with our time, we would probably not be

A) Gamers
or
B) Members of RPGC

So I guess it comes with the territory.

Meh, I just thought better things could be done than bitching :
(Man, I feel like such a hypocrite now :P)