Did someone close to you ever commit suicide?

Originally posted by Phantasy_Starlight
Makes you think, ya know?
No it doesnt.

And yes, I have totally almost killed myself several times. Most people just thing I say that shit for attention, but I dont.

And yes, I have totally almost killed myself several times. Most people just thing I say that shit for attention, but I dont.
What is your reason Charle?, and why have you stopped posting, and coming to the chat?

Well, he supposedly “left”, but as you can see, nobody can resist coming back.

I never knew him, but my moms dad comited suicide when she was 11.

thats harsh.

Oh for crying out loud, then I’ll look at it from a religious POV…suicide doesn’t make you unholy or unpure nor does it send you to hell regardless of if you were a saint or not. Your friends need to learn how not to think so ridiculously. if they’re truely religious they’ll know God is merciful and forgiving.

Yea. I agree. I cant see how suicide “will send you to hell” since it says in the bible, like 5000 times, “god loves all his children.”

And again, all you can do is feel sad for them. :too bad; I hope your sister is ok…

EDIT-In thinking about it, you know what is almost sadder than a teenage suicide? An elderly person commiting suicide. It just makes me feel like “Oh, well, once you hit 70 we’ll ship you off to a home and treat you like a child! You’re old, you cant have feelings”

Originally posted by The Wizardmaster
I never knew him, but my mom’s dad comited suicide when she was 6.

Ok, people. I didn’t mean to start such a big commotion. I’m sorry to offend some people. This is just how I feel, however. (Although it is rather interesting to get some new perspectives on this situation considering my school all feels the same way I feel.)

Originally posted by Phantasy_Starlight
Ok, people. I didn’t mean to start such a big commotion. I’m sorry to offend some people. This is just how I feel, however. (Although it is rather interesting to get some new perspectives on this situation considering my school all feels the same way I feel.)

I don’t think that you offended one single person. And this thread has probably been done at least five times before, so it really isn’t that bad. :stuck_out_tongue:

My mom’s dad drank himself to death when she was only 3 months old (I think).

Originally posted by Evangelion
[b]…

Oh for crying out loud, then I’ll look at it from a religious POV…suicide doesn’t make you unholy or unpure nor does it send you to hell regardless of if you were a saint or not.

… [/b]

7th circle of hell (subdivision 2, the wood of suicides): Violence against self

Yeah… it’s true. There’s no way an internet quiz asking you which level of Hell you belong in can be wrong. This case is closed!

Uh…it’s from Dante’s Inferno, not an internet quiz.

Well, that proves my point. There’s no way an internet quiz asking you which level of Hell you belong in can be wrong. :stuck_out_tongue:

Cless, that was the worst cover up ever.

Even something like

>>
<
<
runs away

would make more sense and look smarter than that. :stuck_out_tongue:

<strike>>>
<
<
runs away</strike>

Look, it’s bread.

Ooo, Bread, why didn’t you say so?

Yeah…an internet pitted against “God’s judgement”. Hmm right…

Originally posted by Evangelion
Yeah…an internet pitted against “God’s judgement”. Hmm right…

Elucidate, please.

“If you committ suicide you’re going to hell” is a scam invented to keep the depressed untermenschen slumming around earth doing the dirty menial work for the feudal now corporate overlords.

Dante’s Inferno: word of God? Nope. Try one 13th Century Monk’s psychadelic mushroom trip with a little social satire worked in (tons of not-too-subtle jabs at his contemporaries in that work). He says suicide leads you to the seventh layer of hell…so what if he saw that on his little jaunt? Dude thought he was talking to Virgil, too. That’s like if I drop some acid and start hallucinating that John Lennon is leading me on a magical journey through an enchanted forest of fairies and hobbits and elves, until we reach a large building where all the politicians and lobbyists and corporate overlords and Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson’s ilk that have existed throughout history are all re-animated, locked in individual prison cells, and forced to endure an eternity of torture specifically chosen to be an ironic reflection of the evils they perpetrated on the human race and the planet at large throughout their lives.

Do I think that would be really cool? Yes. Does that make it real and/or legally binding? NO.

Thank you, drive through.