Diablo III?

I know what those are but I never bothered to do that stuff because it just got too damn boring. I don’t have the patience to play the lotto or hack my game. If putting together the necessary gear was accessible enough I’d have bothered.

As for Paladins, Paladins are interesting but I got bored playing one after he couldn’t hit anything for shit. I liked the casters because they were fun to play. The Zon wasn’t that bad, I liked the assassin. I got sick of the Druid past normal mode and the barbarian was less fun than the Paladin, though at least he could hit things.

D3 gives me a Diablo-gasm! And actually guys, I found one din’ you have yet to realize. Try to do Hell mode wid a lvl 45 Paladin dat uses lvl 13 Fanatacism/lvl 4 Zeal. FRAGGIN’ HARD!!! -100 resistance. Dat is my situation…but now I’m back in Nightmare ‘cause I soloed Baal on Normal wid dat character. Dere were people dat kept comin’ in and not helpin’ me pimp slap Baal. (Also has entire Civerb Set and da unique Beserker Axe.)

Twister is a ridiculously overpowered spell in Act 3. Rips through Flayers and Fetishes like a hot katana drough butter. FTW!!!

(Sorry for double post) Sin, Pallys can be good if you get da right stuff for dem. My Pally hits almost every fraggin’ time, but doesn’t do enough damage to kill in one hit. (Damn Civerb’s low minimum damage! >_<)

Lanyx, are you talkin’ ‘bout Lilith? Also, I know what runewords are, I’m usin’ Malice in a Maul wid my Druid in single.

That’s the thing I was saying, taking the time to farm and play lotto with the equipment. I have little tolerance for that kind of stupid BS. Random loot for the loss.

On another note, it sounds like the Heavens may not be as good as we think they are, at least not their intentions and that they might’ve set everyone up so that the Worldstone would be destroyed and they can act on another plan. This could be cool. Meh I’ll stop thinking about it. I think 2009 is an early estimate, I think 2010 is more realistic knowing Blizzard.

Actually Sin, I’ve never had a problem wid da gamblin’, tisn’t dat expensive. Also, I’ve always had plenty of defence. looks at his rogue hirelin’ wid over 300 def in Act 3 Jus’ know your characters.

Def was never a problem.

I know what torches and the annihilus and everything is. That’s exactly my point about having to be twinked to do all that stuff. If you play the game without knowing you already have every piece of the most godly equipment at your disposal, D2 is an entirely different beast that’s plagued by balance problems and other glitchy bullshit that was never fixed.

Try taking a barb through hell without trading, farming, or any of that. I’m not saying it’s impossible, but there’s a reason almost everyone starts with sorcs after a ladder reset. The reason: they can make almost anything their bitch without a whole lot of effort compared to the other classes. They may not be the best class in the long run, but it’s disgustingly easy to make a sorc you can play god with. High damage, huge area-of-effect, 100% hit rate, the freedom to dump some 400 points into vitality… If you’re playing untwinked and there’s a sorc in your party, you’re going to feel useless. Period.

The point is, melee is a frustrating thing to have to work with in D2 (assuming you haven’t spent hours of your life farming for Zods or shit you can trade for Zods, or HRs you can trade for shit like Chains and HoZ) because the game itself loves lying to you about your hit rate and damage, and there are certain gameplay elements that make no sense whatsoever… like the fact that no one in the world of sanctuary seems to know how to swing a weapon and run at the same time. Which means that even the slowest monsters can usually dodge your attacks just by moving in any direction unless you’re an IAS whore with 3fpa.

My problem in a nutshell is that the class you pick automatically determines whether you’ll be godly or useless, if you’re not the kind of guy who likes to trade or farm or twink for his gear. That’s not the way I think a game like D2 should function.

Hades, I’ve played D2 for awhile and noticed sumdin’. It ain’t your hit ratin’ fraggin’ up, it’s da connection of everyone else present in da game. Go into single-player and you’ll automatically notice da difference. I have a Druid wid a Malice Maul and 83% chance to hit Flayers, while as a Paladin wid Civerb’s set, Fanaticism, Zeal and 95% chance to hit Flayers on da same difficulty, I hit less often wid da Pally dan da Druid. You are obviously experiencin’ da plague of all players wid good connections-LAGGY AS HELL CRAP PLAYERS!!!

Anuder din’ to watch out for is rushers. Dey rush people to higher acts. Pisses me off ‘cause dey didn’t actually work for it. I’ve seen what rushin’ does first-hand, frags over your character! If you have a level 26 Barb in Nightmare, you, my friend, are more screwed dan a little child in a pedophile’s home. Da rushed losers dat die in five seconds against ghouls is who I laugh at. BWAHAHAHAAAAA!!! LOSER!!! DAT ISN’T GOIN’ TO GET YOU TWINKED OUT!!!

Hades doesn’t play laggy games with random players on Bnet. Farming sets / Zods is the loss. And for the love of christ , learn to fucking type.

I did know that. All of that, I played D2X as recently as 2 years ago. Hell difficulty was just such a pain in the ass I never really played it. As far as the frozen orb is concerned, remember that all anybody does anyway is do cow levels. And your attitude confirms why my ban on playing games with you still stands shit-for-brains.

I always thought it was shite how all you needed to get ahead was 400 MF and like 3 hours. It was either that easy or that impossible. I side with Hades on this one: If you play the game as one would expect it is to be played normally, then you don’t have a shot. Especially like, act 3 or 4 hell when they start throwing physical immunes at you.

I find the fact that Cain was retconned as having Alzheimer’s hilarious.

Oh I agree wholeheartedly that the game was way more of a grind than even WoW is to get the best gear/good drops. I think having something like MF at all is stupid, and bosses should be much much much harder to kill instead of like three shotting them if you’ve got good gear. The best gear in the game probably shouldn’t even exist, it’s just too good. I think the game should be much more group oriented

And people don’t do cow levels anymore =D At least idiots don’t. So keep up your ban there Mr. Guy!

Edit: And even with 400 MF you wouldn’t get jack shit for drops, fyi. You’d have to bot overnight to maybe get something good.

(It’s also funny how pissy/defensive you get cause you know you’re wrong, Sorc)

Tripledit: I’m gonna reinstall it and play completely through solo as a barb and see how difficult it really is without doing Meph runs or whatever.

So how did you used to do it Lanyx? Get in a guild, trade your stuff, farm for hours / pray?

Hey Lanyx, if you’re not doing anything tomorrow you up for a run?

I’m not sure what you’re asking Sin, and I’m down Cro

K, I haven’t played it as extensively as you have, so I’ll just follow you and kill shit whilst supporting when I can :stuck_out_tongue:

I know how to work my way around WoW if I wanna play and gear up a good character and how to learn my class. I find that Diablo isn’t as easy because of the random nature of the loot. You typically have to hope that your stuff drops, but beyond that, if I want to make a super 6 socketed piece of equipement or something like that or one of those imbalanced sets, it doesn’t magically appear in your inventory. I’ve played the game a lot.

Actually Lanyx, I’m doin’ what you’re doin’ in solo, but wid a Druid. So far, died in round 1 against Mephisto, but den killed him after by distractin’ him wid Dire Wolves, a Raven and an Oak Sage. Usin’ Malice in a maul really helped. Now I’m goin’ to Hell. :smiley:

Sin, you should see sum of da runewords. One runeword, Wind, gets you +140-170% damage for jus’ two runes. And dere is also a bunch of oder powerful stuff 'bout it.

Well are you asking how I got built in WoW or D2?

In WoW I was just awesome at PvP so I got the arena gear, but now I’m leveling a UD rogue on Tich as my main for WotLK.

In D2 I just played a fuckton. Did lots of full group Baal runs with friends to get the gear everyone wanted, and split up the rest of the loot to trade for other stuff.

My favorite D2 memory was way back when the expansion first came out and I got full Nats and Bartucs on my assassin, then promptly logged off and deleted the character without even thinking. Luckily I got it restored due to a bug/exploit. I’m pretty sure all of my characters are gone by now, they only hold onto them for like 3 months or something. I don’t think I remember my account name either.

PS. I am gonna be doin this solo Barb run on B.net cause playing offline is pointless. I’ll just be in private games

D2. I know how to get good shit in WoW. The only reason I didn’t get T6 when I stopped was because I can’t stand the people and the political bullshit. So basically you just played the lotto in D2. What difficulty / what class? What kind of drops do you usually get? I remember only getting crappy yellows and then once in a blue moon a unique.