Diablo III?

Enlighten us.

clickclick click click clickclickclickclickclickclick clickclickclick clickclick clickclickclickclickclickclick clickclickclickclickclick clickclick clickclickclickclick clickclick click clickclickclick click clickclickclick click clickclick clickclickclick clickclickclickclick clickclickclickclick clickclickclickclick clickclickclickclick.

The only thing he can enlighten us about is his skewed perspective of the game based on his experience as a hardcore twinker/rusher.

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=8785958&publicUserId=4549175

Its Diablo 3.

A photoshop isn’t going to convince me, though I’ll admit it seems as possible as anything as this point.

Well, just gotta wait and see tomorrow.

Please Ramza, spare us. Between me and Hades we’ve got a lifetime logged on Diablo II.

Think it’ll go up at midnight tonight? I happen to be up and around.

Confirmed. I’m happy. This will give me something to play with my GF without having to get into MMOs.

Yeeeeaaah… I’m going to lose a signifcant portion of my life to this. The websites up with all sorts of cool little stuffs, including a 20 minute gameplay demo video.

It’s been 20 years since Diablo II (according to D3s story…), but how long has it been since the first Diablo?

edit: I’d like to add that the game play video I mentioned earlier is 800 mb, which is almost the size of Diablo II. How the fuck big is this game gonna be?

the gameplay video looks sweet. The game they’re making looks like a combination of the WoW interface (they probably learned a few things about itemization in there, which will be interesting), mixed with the kind o environment and swarms you see from SC2. I like it. Its classical, updated Diablo action. The barbarian might actually be fun to play now. Woo! I don’t see it released before 2010 though. The witch doctor looks like the new necromancer.

I say Fall '09 or maybe summer '09. Theres too much of that gameplay trailer to suggest they aren’t already commited to what they’ve got down.

Well what do ya know. Guess I’ll eat my hat.

Color me excited, though.

I cant hear the videos. I want a specific answer, because I’ve downloaded every fucking codec I can find.

I watched the video through 1up’s link to gamevideos.com. The audio commentary is just there to guide people, lead the audience into what they want them to think. The music is good, looks like a return to orchestrated though I don’t know if they went with a real orchestra like in D2X. The sound effects are good.

Sweet :smiley:

Oh God, not again, I was actually getting a social life this time…

The music wasn’t good. The music was almost note-for-note from D2x. They changed it a bit, but I hope that shit’s not in the game.

The rest is great though.

Oh boy, I’m going to have to agree with the life-leech prophecies. I guess I could sleep four hours a night instead of eight…

\m/

Well paladins are the best PvErs, I doubt any of you knew that. They can also dominate PvP depending on how laggy the game is. Paladins are basically the most powerful class.

Barbs rape pvp (unkillable, insane damage, invulnerable half the time if you’re chasing)

Amazons are only good for pve (lf), too bad though. They used to be the best at everything :frowning:

Necros are lawl (summoning is fun early game though)

Sorcs are useless. (You guys probably dominated normal and nightmare! Especially cause you’re actually mentioning frozen orb. Have fun raping Uber Diablo with fb)

Same with druids. (Feral can be okay, but will never do anything in pvp)

Trapsins are good early game, Shadowsins are okay in pve throughout the entire game, and the martial artists CAN be pretty dang good.

Do you guys even know what runewords are? Uber Diablo? That one super harpy thing? I get the feeling you haven’t played since SoJs and Perfect Skulls became worthless.

Do you know what an Annihilus is without having to look it up? Hellfire Torch?

Err, sorry to sound like a dick I guess.

But yeah

Good news. I’d be more excited if my expectationmeter hadn’t been stuck to “FALLOUT 3 siren STARCRAFT 2 *siren”, on repeat, since they were confirmed. Diablos are fun though.

Runewords and Uber Diablo I know. Never heard of a super harpy though. Care to elaborate?