Curse thee, plotbunny! (Those not Chosen parody)

All I can say is “Poor Sciel”…

For some (not so) strange reason, I don’t feel very sorry for her at all :stuck_out_tongue:

Sciel trotted up the path, completely ignoring the depths to her right. She didn’t have to fear falling like any puny mortal.

Reaching the first destination was simple enough. It could of course be rather uncomfortable later.

Very uncomfortable.

And she really preferred uncomfortable down in the Netherworld, up here the risk of getting stuck in limbo was greater.

On top of that she had a sulking feeling that Rakadra just would grin triumphantly if she got sliced to pieces. Not that she would. But damn ungrateful kid…

She looked up as a greeting sounded through the air, smiling wearily at the two women on the higher plateau.

“I bear a message from Maia…” she hoarsely said, perfectly faking exhaust as she held up the scroll.

One of the guards even came to support her while the other opened the gate.

This would be the trickier part.

Three minutes later she threw the scroll on the green carpet covering the floor and leapt out of reach for the fist coming her way. While she took flight she wrapped herself in a veil of invisibility, but knowing that wouldn’t fool the hunter she clung to the roof while watching the show and waiting for a good time to get out again.

At least he was easily distracted.

The scroll rolled open and grey smoke erupted from it, flowing over the floor like a muddy stream. The surprised shouts from the people of the room qucikly became shocked as an all too familiar figure rose from the origin of the dust.

“Hello, Kevin,” Rakadra said, the corners of his lips tugging further upwards at the speed of which the king moved.

The half-beast was between Lise and the rest of the room before the half-demon had finished the greeting.

The valkyries reacted a little slower, but still quickly. Of course, if Rakadra had been able to, he would have been at Kevin’s throat long before the female warriors had finished lining up between their royalties and the half-demon.

Rakadra held back a longing sigh at the thought. Oh well, that would have to wait…

“What do you want?!” Kevin snarled, his arms protectively spread out and his back to Lise.

The queen had pulled her spear from behind her throne, but stayed behind Kevin - more because he waved his hands in alarm whenever she made a move to step up beside him instead.

“As much as I <I>want</I> to rip out your guts, I’m afraid I can’t in this shape,” Rakadra said with a mirthless shrug, “this is nothing more than an illusion for messages.”

Kevin growled, hardly about to lower his guard just because of a reassurance from his enemy. Nobody moved for a moment.

“Actually…”

Rakadra couldn’t keep himself from grimacing.

“… I wouldn’t do this unless I had a really good reason, you know.”

No reply.

“My, how cold you people are. Oh well…”

He bent down and rummaged around in the smoke still covering the floor.

“Come here you little bastard… here I said!”

That one raised a few eyebrows. And far more than that as Rakadra with a triumphant snarl shot his hand forth and dragged a long, black and most notably twisting shape out of the mist. Even as he straightened up and raised his hand above his head, the snaketail of the new monster disappeared in the clouds below.

It was a snake. With a human baby’s upper body, which was what Rakadra held.

Even on the distance, Kevin noticed with a sinking feeling that the demon spawn’s eyes were horribly familiar.

“My daughter,” Rakadra announced, his smile twitching as Lise and several of the valkyries pressed at least one hand against their mouths, eyes wide and horrified.

Kevin’s glare merely turned darker, which in itself was an accomplishment.

“Spawning,” he grunted, with notable disgust.

The baby, meanwhile, curled her tail masterfully around her father’s body and used that to wriggle out of his grip, moving her human part to his shoulder. Rakadra didn’t move to stop her. However he did throw up two fingers of his right hand to block her attempt to claw out his eyes. She giggled at this, a creepy screeching sound.

“You seem surprisingly literal today,” the half-demon smirked at Kevin, who scoffed, “but in any case, the thing about female demons are that they never do what they are to- <I>YEOW</I>!”

Even Kevin blinked in disbelief as Rakadra stumbled, with a snarl clawing for his triumphantly hissing child as she threw herself off him and dove for the smoke.

“<I>Give</I> me <I>that</I>!”

He got a hold of her neck and ripped his pointing finger from her tiny fangs, ignoring her protesting sqeaking.

“Take your child, woman!” he snapped, shoving the baby backwards and leaving her hanging in the air.

Cursing under his breath he pressed the finger against the stump on his hand. Black sparks flew from the connection and after a couple of seconds Rakadra let go of himself, experimentally flexing all his fingers.

While he was doing this, a pair of hands holding the baby materialized, quickly followed by the arms. And then the rest of the body, the impossibly long form that was Slither. More than half of the valkyries took a step backwards, and even Kevin tensed in shock.

The grown naga had curled most of herself in a two-store circle around Rakadra, tilting her head with a faint snicker.

“My child?” she said, “she got all her color from you.”

“You shut up.”

The baby meanwhile curled up along her mother’s tail and up on Slither’s back. The grown demonette turned her head completely around and glared threatheningly at the little form scratching her back.

“If you try to bite my neck I’ll break your little backbone, understand?”

There was a sour squeak.

Aren’t they just darn? Hold me.

Awww…
Aren’t they such an incredibly cute family…

Now they’ve almost started to scare me…

Rakadra glared at the two females for a moment, then began turning back to the more human part of the room while speaking.

“<I>In any case</I>, as I was saying…”

He paused, raised an eyebrow and smirked, crossing his arms.

“Nice shade of green, Kevin.”

The king tried to growl, but the sound was rather muffled by his own hand. Lise held his right shoulder, glaring daggers at Rakadra as she tried to banish the mental images that plauged her husband’s mind. Her own were very forcefully pressed down, but she wasn’t sure how long she could keep them away.

“Did you come here just to make us nauseaus with your lovelife or did you have something to say?” she snarled.

“Ah yes, what I came to deliver was actually a warning for this little eel,” Rakadra said, pointing at the baby - from a safe distance.

He was met with a complete wall of silence. After spending a moment at chuckling hoarsely at the looks he was recieving, the demon half-blood picked up the speech again.

“Demon females are in their own way far worse than the males,” he said, giving Slither a glare which she answered with a snicker, “they never do things as they should. This little bastard WILL doubtlessly go after YOUR little bastard as soon as she gets older, but I dare say that it won’t be in the way that anyone of us wants.”

“Wants?” Lise snarled in disbelief, unable to follow his reason.

Not that she was alone, or anything.

Rakadra rolled his eyes at the stupid humans’ failing to understand.

“It’s rather simple, fools,” he said, “Kevin, you just teach Jason how demons smell so that he’s cautious.”

He once more pointed at the baby, who now was hanging from Slither’s arm - in her teeth. The mother watched this with twisted pride.

“She’s going to be some sort of siren demon, I assure you. So keep Jason on guard, I hate you people enough as it is. I don’t want us to be…”

He had to pause and pinch the bridge of his nose before he could continue.

“… To be family as well.”

And with that verbal bomb, he waved his right hand at the in a heartbeat ashen-faced crowd.

“Tata for now. Hope to see you all in my clutches soon.”

As he snapped his fingers, the images of the three demons shattered and dissipated as they fell towards the ground. Within a few seconds the smoke had settled, and left on the ground was only a charred carpet and a small heap of ashes that had been the parchment.

There was a few moments of silence.

“I…” Lise finally began, “I… need to… sit down…”

She crashed on Kevin’s throne, which allowed the valkyries to seat themselves on the platform of the royal chairs as well. The king of Rolante, meanwhile, was rubbing his forehead with both hands.

“I’ll be… right back…” he finally muttered and dashed towards the exit.

Sciel, who had thought that she would make it silently and invisible, desperately turned into a bat and just barely managed to flutter out of reach, diving for an open window and safely making it out.

‘Rakadra will pay dearly for this!’ she furiously thought while making her way back towards the gate to the nether.

Muttering curses, Kevin stalked back to the throne room, shaking his head at the puzzled gazes he got.

“Lise,” he eventually managed as he reached her slumped form.

“Yes?” she replied, pressing a hand against her stomach.

“I’ll train with Jason now.”

“Good… good, do that…”

Kevin slowly nodded and walked out of the throneroom while pondering how much it would hurt to ask his father to help out in the training of the youngest generation.

E… n… d…?

End?
No, we all know that it’s not the end…
It will come back to haunt us once Rakky’s daughter is old enough to go after Jason :stuck_out_tongue:

does gesture to ward off the Evil Eye

I don’t think that will help…
Not since my brain is full of ideas around this that not even <I>I</I> wan’t to know about…

(And I’m almost at the part of my fic where you can find the reason that this horror was created.
(hint hint, shameless plug :P))

And the plot-bunny’s back again. And what the hell is it doing with a Redeemer?

Excuse me while I die laughing… :hahaha;
Just one thing… I had no idea you could write such creepy parts… :eek: