Code: LYOKO

I just remembered!!! I used to watch Reboot all the time!!! I LOVED that show!!! Man I miss it now -_-…

aw damn it.
if a show causes heart attcaks it shouldentbe on the air.
pulls out those electric thingies doctors use from his bottomless bag.

clear

electrocutes kirokokori :moogle:

OK I’M AWAKE NOW!!! cowers please don’t hurt me…

oh whoops!

sorry :moogle:

LOL

Stop spamming.

WE’RE NOT SPAMMING.

You’ve had at least five meaningless posts in this thread. That’s spamming. Please stop, I don’t want to see a good thread derailed.

What my good friend Omega is trying to say is, “Please don’t exchange personal messages with other people on the boards. That is what the Private Messages option is for. Threads are for making comments relevant to the topic. Thank you and good day.”

Right, Om? ^_~

Sorry, I didn’t mean to. -_-

:moogle: whats left to talk about.

i wonder if i can create a virtual world similar to lyoko :yipee: p:unch::

I sorta dought that, but it would be cool!!! As long as there wasn’t a X.A.N.A…

I had to watch the show 2 times to get it. Confusing.

one question: does anyone else ever get extremly confused by lyoko?

You forgot one thing, though. Lets not forget when X.A.N.A. trys to lift everyone into space during Ulrich’s soccer game by using gravity glitches.

Only one episode was shown after that and no more episodes have been made/inproduction as far as I know

Anyways in the last episode…

First confirms that Megabye has trojan horse power and Turbo wants to send a team to kill him but Bob objects saying if they had killed Hex the whole net would have died out. They ask Bob for a plan but they all know Dot is the planner.Dot shys away from the rest of the group because she felt like she betrayed Bob but she seems to eventually get over it to make a plan to get Megabyte. In the meantime you see Megabyte use a new power, he’s able to infect things from a distances with wierd tenticle things and gets back with some of his old crew, now the neo-viral party. Anyways Dot comes up with a plan to let Megabye steal a fake gateway and have Bob , Matrix, and some other police to hide in it and capture Megabye. When they scan him however it is discovered that it was only an alias and the real Megabye strikes in the Principal office. Most of the major characters get away except for Welman whose suit get infected and little Enzo. Megabyte there is no other motive to this beside revenge and that viruses are predatory by nature and ends with “Prepare yourselves for the hunt”

But does anyone wonder why the shows aren’t in order? It gets annyoing really…

After sitting through some episodes out of sheer boredom, I’m going to give LYOKO my review and I’m not going to be soft:

This, in my eyes, is nearly as bad as DBZ. Take note that I REALLY hate DBZ.

Okay, animation first. This probably ranks as one of the worst types of animation I’ve ever seen. It’s offensive to all mankind. As Wil has already said, the kids’ foreheads look hugely disproportional. Yumi’s and Ulrich’s are probably the worst. Yumi’s, in particular, looks like she has less hair than she does forehead. That’s not their only problem though, not by a long shot. Ulrich’s eyebrows, for one, look hilariously unconvincing. They just look like little brown triangles. Odd’s hair is just poorly designed. Yes, I am well aware that in animes, characters have oddly colored/oddly shaped hair, but Odd’s hair is just stupid, and Code LYOKO isn’t really an anime. The point I’m trying to make is: The animation is awful.

I like cartoons/animes that have a lot of character depth, aren’t repetitive, and spend time giving characters personality facelifts by giving them their own episodes (like they do in Teen Titans). Code LYOKO seems to avoid all three of these as much as possible.

Characters are not only bland, they don’t change at all during the entire series. Ulrich remains the generic strong silent type kid; it isn’t even explained why he acts this way. Odd remains the generic comic relief; he has no backstory either. Yumi remains the generic responsible girl of the group, no changes or personality facelifts there either. Jeremy remains (you guessed it) the generic smart kid. It’s as though all of the Code LYOKO character are given their own boring stereotype - and none of them change whatsoever. The relationship between Yumi and Ulrich somehow remains on par and doesn’t change.

Which brings me to my next complaint: The show is just repetitive. Jeremy and co. do the exact same thing every episode (or some variant of it that winds up being almost identical anyway): Find tower, deactivate said tower, stop X.A.N.A. Whoop dee do. It’s not even exciting because the characters are all saved at the last second.

Okay, one final rant: The show makes no sense. How the heck did Jeremy and the others just come across the factory and all of that huge machinery? Did Jeremy just INVENT that all by himself? Even though he’s a genius, I doubt he can do that, especially since he seems to be in high school.

whew I’m done.

Actually the back stories for some reason were left out. The original version from France was less repetitive, and showed alot more of the story.