Code: LYOKO

Proof, please.

I posted a link earlier to a site. Look around on it.

That’s nothing but a Code LYOKO fansite. The explanation of the plot about LYOKO doesn’t answer any of my questions and there’s nothing about the French version. That doesn’t even matter, really; I’m reviewing the American version and it’s horrible.

Omega, you have no idea how good it was to see one of your reviews. :stuck_out_tongue:

Cro, shaddap and get back to the RPGC chatroom, I’ve had nobody to annoy unless you count Ramza. :stuck_out_tongue:

okay…in defense of this show, you have to remember that it is a french show, and several different people wrote the scripts…also, since it was originally in french, it probably lost a lot of info when it was translated. Furthermore, there is going to be a season two, there was a press release on moonscoop, which handles antefilms stuff…(distribution/catalogue) and a 45 min introduction thing. oh, and the show is in order…it just doesn’t look like it because of the fact that different people wrote different scripts. also, cartoon network probably had to cut out some stuff, because they had to get their commercials in…which totally sucks. they will get better in the next season…after all, i think that the people who did it were at their first time actually making a television show…don’t quote me on that, because i’m not sure, but i think that is what we are seeing happening here. that would explain the fact that they haven’t completely gotten it together yet. so, i’ll leave you with that to think about!

I’ve watched it. Its okay, but the voices kinda bother me. They seem to be off sometimes

So you’re saying that all of the dialogue explaining the backstory was conveniently omitted out by Cartoon Network? Even CN doesn’t do that.

I never said the episodes weren’t in order; I said that the interaction between the characters made no sense whatsoever. It doesn’t matter if the cartoon is French - there are plenty of Japanese animes that are fine when they’re released in the U.S.

One question: How are they going to “get it better”? Because they definitely haven’t improved over a series (and I can name plenty of animes that improved over one series). I’ll leave you with THAT to think about.

Pffft. Like hell. If ya got MSN, email me or something so I can add you.

I have MSN but it never seems to work, just get ICQ. (PM me if you have anything else so as not to derail this)

:scream: uh whats a spoiler? :bowser: cuz i wana know stuff bout code lyoko eeeh I LOVE THAT SHOW eeeeh aaaaaah drools :hint:

A spoiler is something that spoils part of the storyline of what it’s about.

my bad if this is out of subject for a moment but, i noticed kirokokori like kids bob 4…its super cute since i dont know anyone that likes that crap awww a little 10 year old boy …aww :hint: ( dam im soo freakin old) :eek: ok yah im a sucker 4 little kids, and another thing…whats that with that potatoe loving crap from yumi? :noway:

AND ANOTHER THING…i have to agree that interactions with the characters dont make sense :noway: , but hey, im not gona ruin a little kids show because it sucks…sooo cookies for all who like this show :moogle:

For the last time…I’M A GIRL!!! :scream:

What the hell are you talking about? A number of people here are over twenty and two of our members are over thirty and you’re calling yourself old? Stay topic, that was meaningless.

I’ve barely seen two episodes of this show to date. Other than my dislike of how the characters are drawn out, I haven’t had much of an opinion of the show. My only question about it is, if those guys keep going into Lyoko or whatever and keep fighting these bug machines, why are they still pretty lousy shots?

you tryin to make me feel better or stupid??lol , well anyway , it was just an opinion of myself, pardon if it sounds ridiculous

XD~~ Poor kiro :stuck_out_tongue:

>>;; I watch this show, mainly because theres nothing else on :P. Its not, like, super-amazing or anything, but it isnt <i>bad</i>. The art really kind of destroys any hopes of me getting into the show however. The 2D art looks ok, but the characters look like someone filled a bag with babies and beat it against a ceiling fan (though for some reason the heroes remind me of the ‘numbers’ from akira…dont ask me why >_<;;), also the 3D art isn’t too stellar either.

None of the episodes are in order, i dont think, which is so fucking stupid. >_> It completely ruins the storyline. If there was a DVD collection, that’d be better, because i could watch each episode in order.

The music for the show is pretty good. I mean, its not seatbelts or pillows, but for CN anime its pretty nice.

I think dubbing from french might have been harder than japanese…that or they used inexperienced voice-actors, because sometimes the synching is just terrible. That doesnt bring me down though, i guess im used to it by now, (though again, a DVD would be nice :stuck_out_tongue: original language + subtitles).

But the thing i just LOATHE about the show is the 3D. I can stand the 2D parts, but jesus, the 3D sections when they enter lyoko is just terrible. I guess its supposed to be the ‘action’ part of the show, but it just sucks. Theres no fighting, theres no suspense. Someone just shoots alot and eventually hits a monster. And the ‘life points’ thing is retarded. I mean, honestly, each person gets their own little card with hitpoints when they go lyoko? Sounds sort of like a CCG gimmick gone awry =.

At first i also didnt like the ‘return to the past’ thing, because i thought it made the entire episode seem like a waste, if all they needed to do was ‘reset’ the real world. But it grew on me, somehow, i guess, and now i dont hate it. Sure it isnt very creative or original, but its not so bad.

I guess i started this post trying to defend C:L, because i really do like it, though at the end of the post, it might not seem that way :P. It doesnt really hold up against any non-CN anime, and you cant make the “well, for CN its good” argument beause CN has teen titans, which totally roxxorz my boxxorz. Its mediocre to good at best, but i still like it. Like i said before, its not <i>bad</i>.

(jesus, this thread sure seemed to create a ton of new members :stuck_out_tongue: way to go wil :P:P)

but least they could do is draw the dam characters better , i mean comeon!! I CAN draw better than crap. the first time I saw it , ama be honest , i was like WTF? the people had tremendously HUGE forheads, but in a way it was kinda funny…my bad if im being kinda harsh,but… you get the idea

OH, and sorry kirokokori!! didnt know you was a female ! sawy :kissy: