Classic Rock any one?

I think it was just me. :frowning:

NG, you made this thread yourself so I would assume you don’t want to derail it. Well you’re doing just that, and if you’re trying to get sympathy from this “I hate the world so much” it’s not working, so resume talking about classic rock.

But I like Korn. :frowning: What’s wrong with Korn? :frowning:

well u know what, ill believe what ill believe and u believe what u believe. When we all stand before God, dont say i never warned you. OK now its back to a classical rock thread, no more religoin. I’m sick of arguing.

I like Karmic Justice. Oh, wait…

Is Linkin Park classic rock?

I’m a holy roman emperor, I got a “get into heaven free card”

Hendrix rocks!

I’ll start in chronological order:

Nah, probably not. The biggest druggie that was in Pink Floyd was Syd Barret, and he left the band after the second album A Saucerful of Secrets. If you watch the dvd Live at Pompeii, Roger Waters says “a lot of people think we’re a drug band, but we’re not[sic]”.

Lots of things. They’re whiney, they use drop tunings, their actual music is boring and repetitive. Oh, and they’re whiney.

No. NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Linkin Park is nu-metal. :stuck_out_tongue: Classic rock is stuff from the 60’s, 70’s, and I guess the 80’s. Well, maybe the 50’s count, I don’t know. But nothing from the 90’s , or the new mellenium even, is considered classic rock.

Ok, now that that’s done with…

Classic rock is fucking awesome man! I’ll list my favourite bands, and I’ll say some of my favourite songs by them:

Led Zeppelin: Stairway To Heaven (DUH!!!), Black Dog (DOUBLE DUH!!!), The Lemon Song, Achilles Last Stand, Kashmir (TRIPLE DUHHHHHHHHH!!!), Dazed And Confused (OMG LOLZ QUADRUPLE DUH111), Babe I’m Going To Leave You… uhh I’ll stop there or else I’ll end up listing their entire discography.

Pink Floyd: Comfortably Numb (DUH!!!), Hey You(DUU… ok I’ll stop it with the duhs), Careful with that Axe Eugene, Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun, See Emily Play, Astronomy Domine (that song rules!!!), Interstellar Overdrive, A Saucerful of Secrets, Echoes, Atom Heart Mother, Summer Of 69’, Welcome To The Machine… RE: uhh I’ll stop there or else I’ll end up listing their entire discography.

Deep Purple: Highway Star (LIVE OFF OF MADE IN JAPAN, EVERYONE MUST HEAR THIS VERSION!!!), Child in Time(also off of made in japan!), Space Truckin’ (yup you guessed it, Made in Japan… buy Made in Japan, people, buy it now!.. or download.), Mandrake Root, Smoke On The Water

The Doors: Break On Through, The End, Celebration of the Lizard King, Not To Touch The Earth, The Crystal Ship, The Unkown Soldier, Peace Frog, Light My Fire

Rush: 2112, YYZ, Working Man, Tom Sawyer

The Beatles: Happiness is a Warm Gun, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Helter Skelter, Birthday, Revolution 9

Black Sabbath(well, they’re metal, but they’re definately classic rock): Paranoid, Hand of Doom, War Pigs/Luke’s Wall, Cornucopia, Black Sabbath, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, Killing Yourself To Live, Iron Man, Electric Funeral, Rat Salad, Jack The Stripper/Fairies Wear Boots, Planet Caravan(oh ya, all of paranoid), N.I.B.

Jimi Hendrix: Purple Haze, I Don’t Live Today, Manic Depression, Voodoo Child, Stone Free, Foxey Lady, Star Spangled Banner(he didn’t write it, but I’m talking about the one he plays live)

Jethro Tull: Aqualung…don’t know much else by those guys.

Yes: Roundabout, uhh… other stuff by them too… YES RULES! YES!!! YES!!!

YES!

YES!!!

*edit: MADE IN JAPAN! you guys gotta listen to it.

Hell yeah, I <3 Jethro Tull and his flutey ass

<strike>I like Bad Religion.</strike> Boston and Kansas are some of my favorites.

Queen and billy joel are nice.

Most of the classic rock I like has already been mentioned, but here’s some more stuff.
Uriah Heep - Not nearly as popular as other classic rock bands, but awesome nonetheless

AC/DC- Have consistently put out good albums without selling out or sucking up to the man

Rolling Stones- No Classic rock list is complete without them

The Doors - See above statement about the Stones

The Who - One of the first bands to have a Punk Rock attitude, also made smashing of instruments popular

MC5 - Great hard rock band, predecessor to the next band I’m mentioning

Iggy Pop and the Stooges - Without them and MC5, we wouldn’t have punk rock(or at least it wouldn’t have been what it was in its heyday)

Peter Frampton - No guitarist, past, present, or future, used the guitar voicebox as well as him.

Jimi Hendrix Experience - Need I say more?

Cream - Eric Clapton on guitar, Jack Bruce on bass, and Ginger Baker on drums. One of the best three man outfits ever(see also Rush). Put out classics such as White Room, Crossroads, and Sunshine Of Your Love.

Joe Walsh and the James Gang - Formed after Joe Walsh left the Eagles, The James gang offered us a hard rock version of the Eagles’ country rock.

Lynyrd Skynyrd - The forefather of Southern Rock.

he he he awright!!! yes btw

NMG isn’t the one out of line there buddy

I really would just end up copying BigDizzy’s list and adding, ‘Don’t forget the band of Gypsies’ under the Jimi Hendrix Experience, then add Pink Floyd. So, yeah. That’s what I have to say 'bout that.

What is it with double posting these days? I wander back and everyone can’t find the edit button so they must post two three times in a row!!!

I’ve always liked the Dark Side of the Moon album by Pink Floyd. It’s like the story of my life.

I like a lot of the music mentioned by Gila and Dizzy.

Just to throw out a few more names, Blue Oyster Cult, Golden Earring, Elton John, Genesis, Paul McCartney, Supertramp, The Band. That’s just naming a few right off the top of my head.
In another 10 years, bands like Alice in Chains, and Metallica will be considered “Classic” and worse… in another 20-30 years, rap is going to be considered “classic”. Can you imagine a bunch of old people sitting around listening to Snoop-dog ?

What about Limp Bizkit? He’s been around a couple years.

Now you’re doing this just to piss people off.

Jesus rocks to Led Zeppelin, who are his dad.