Class Schedules, everybody!

Ghigh School, so not much that crazy.
AP Lit, AP World History, AP Physics/Chemistry (depending on if we get a teacher for physics or not), AP Calculus, Creative Writing, French 4x, off period.

The sad thing is, I’m a junior. I don’t think I will have anything to take senior year. I may need to drop AP Calc for an easier math. Not because it is too difficult, but simply because I need SOMETHING TO TAKE next year. . . I’m not even joking, my counselor is reccomending it.

Here we go, classes started this week. As a college freshman so far I think I’m very lucky.

Theater: Principles, Plays, and Performances - Theater class for this special University Colloege (see Honors) program. It only meets a few times a week for three hours or so, but we actually do a lot of fun stuff involving moving/drama skits. The professor’s also brilliant.

College Writing - Pretty self explanatory. We’re going on the theme of what is family and what defines family, and it’s about 15 people in the class. Another great professor. She could probably make this interesting even if you despised writing.

Understanding Mass Media - An insight into, well, media. :stuck_out_tongue: 30 people or so in this one, but we have a lot of discussions and the professor here - also very good - makes things enjoyable for the class.

Finite Mathematics - Getting my basic math requirement out of the way so I never have to take it ever again. It’s basic mathematics, somewhat tolerable and rather bland. The instructor’s par at best, though she’s a very caring person.

I only have four courses this semester because I got a 4 on my AP Euro History test, which immediately gives me six credits. So I have a lot more time than the average freshman.

I got, lessee …

Database Systems Management: The teacher’s opening words included “This class is statistically one of the hardest ones, but I can’t understand that, because I like it!” In retrospect, I have a bad feeling about this … and, in fact, it was slightly boring.

Operating Systems: On the other hand, this guy started off with “Hello, my name is Charlie Wilder, and I just spent thirty minutes setting up the wrong machine.” This guy puts some effort into making it interesting. He’s mainly focusing on UNIX and its offspring.

Western Civilization I: Guy was born in Neanderthal, Germany. Nuff said. He does a pretty good job so far.

A History of Film: This one’s another “pretty good” with the twist that we actually watch old movies. And by old I mean “The Lumière brothers”. Also, it’s formally 6:30 PM to 10:20 PM.

Due to a whole lot of crap I won’t go into here, I’m going back to high school after doing college for lameos for 2 years. Not too much interesting stuff, it being high school and all, but the subjects I’m taking are Dutch, English, German, some kind of philosophy thing that I don’t know how to translate and seems pretty lame but is required, art (yay?), music (yay?), phys ed (oh jesus I’m 2 years younger than the teacher this is so awkward), Math B (I have no idea what subjects it’s covering, but I haven’t had a math class in 6-7 years so uh yeah), Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Economy.

This whole thing is so awkward and weird.

I have only one course (a graduate seminar) this autumn, which is on gender and nature in Middle English literature. Otherwise, I shall be working on my MA thesis.

TD, you gotta tell why the hell they’re making you go back to high school. Its so weird its never happened before, at least in the States.

Why in god’s name are you in HS again. You graduated!

It’s something to do with the asstarded Dutch edumacation system. Basically, you can graduate HS in one of three different tiers (well, more than tree, but anything below the third one basically has you shoveling shit for a living), which open up different colleges. Due to being retarded when I was twelve I dropped from the first tier, down to the second tier, down to the third tier, and graduated. Due to my school being retarded, I was forced to drop maths and take french instead, so I couldn’t just spend an extra year afterwards to go up a tier.

With the third tier you get into retarded lameo college, which I found out after enrolling in such a college. Stuck it out for 2 years, refused to keep giving these people money for the priviledge of teaching their classes for them, quit. Spent a year in limbo since I was too late to enroll into a different college or whatever.

With the second tier you get into a regular college, which actually allow you to get a BA/MA. You can get there by finishing a 4 year retarded lameo college degree as well, or once you hit 21. I’d rather do something instead of playing with my dick until I’m 21, so I’m back in high school. I could have enrolled in an adult education, but it’s managed by the same people that managed my retarded college, so yeah.

Finally, the first tier is the only good thing about this education system. If you graduate with it, you can get into colleges and universities that require you to first get a BA in some field. Not many people graduate at the first tier, obviously.

tl,dr: Holland sucks.

I go back tomorrow :’( and I dunno my timetable, but I know what classes I’m taking.

I.C.T.
Technology & Design
Spanish
History
Chemistry
Biology
English Lit.
English Lan.
Religion
Maths

I wanted to take Irish too, but I couldn’t :frowning:

History 101 - MWF 8:15 - 9:10 am. Blargh early classes. Not too interested (I don’t even know what it’s gonna cover, don’t really care). One core req down, lots to go!

Religion 141 - MWF 9:20 - 10:15 am. See above on time hate. Comparative look at the three major Western religions (Christianity, Islam, Judaism). Looking forward to this one actually, as I took a similar course in high school and I liked it.

Foundations 100 - MWF 1:30 - 2:25 pm. Writing intensive ‘cover-all’ class. It’s a two-semester course where we just get a good founding in a lot of stuff.

German 201 - TT 11:30 am - 12:50 pm. Yay German. Perhaps my most looked-forward to class. Hoping I don’t fail miserably.

Spanish 201 - TT 2:30 - 3:50 pm. And for my major, hoping even more that I don’t fail this. Haven’t spoken the language in over a year.