Class Schedules, everybody!

Gynecologists make quite a bit of money, though. One of my high school classmates’ dad got his medical degree at some shit college in Tijuana or somewhere in Mexico, and is now living the good life as a gynecologist in our small town. He even owns his own light plane.

Any medical subspecialty will make a decent amount of money.

PED 100 Fitness for Living - gen ed phys ed bullshit
CSC 111 Intro to Computing - gen ed durrr this iz uh komputar class at way too fucking early in the morning
CSC 285 Computer Architecture - MIPS assembly and low level hardware stuff

CSC 333 Languages and Machines - We’re gonna learn 2 programming languages (Objective Caml and a random scripting language to be determined) and stuff about the inner workings of programming languages. We’re also covering regular expressions, automata, state machines and such fun.

CSC 333 is by far the highlight of this semester, even if it promises to be a hard son of a bitch later on. The instructor is one of the best in our department even if his homework and exams tend to be brutal.

None, I graduated last May. Now I’m just biding my time before I find the full time job that I really want.

Opt for Superman.

Yeah, 800p ain’t fun. Sin must have books of the size.

Good luck with that literary criticism class. If your professor is like many professional humanities academics seem to be, you probably won’t learn too much about literature. The “gender” and race and marxist-obsessed critics are always up to no good.

Yeah, 800p ain’t fun. Sin must have books of the size.

I remember after I’d first read Nausea, No Exit, and “The Myth of Sisyphus” going to the bookstore and taking a gander at Sartre’s Being and Nothingness. This turned me once and for all from a career in philosophy towards literature.

(career?)

Wow everyones classes are very interesting. Is everyone who posted so far done highschool? Well anyways here are my classes starting next tuesday.

TTJ201-Transportation Technology/Auto
This class teaches me about support systems for transporting people and products; measurement systems and methods; the analysis, design, and construction of a system to convert and make practical use of energy; the function of major vehicle system components; the impact of transportation systems on the enviroment.

GLC201-Career Studies
This course teaches me how to develop and achieve personal goals for the future.

MFM2P1-Math
Don’t need to go into an explanation

TGJ201-Communication Technology
This course teaches me about computer design and the ability to make graphic designs using an abundant of software products. Also photography; using the blackroom. Making little animation short videos and putting pictures, text, animation to make slide-shows.

That is all for semester one

I like your having a sense of humour :wink:

My September classes are currently just College Algebra. Behavorial Science may be added to that.

I hope not though, because I’ll get the 9:00 - 12:45 class again, and fail.

The pathological basis of disease.

My schedule is a bit ridiculous.

Literature C (I guess that would be advanced? There’s four levels to most subjects here, A to D. C is the second most advanced).
Thursdays, 10.15-13.00.

That’s it. But I’m expecting a looot of reading. And halfway through the term, the essay writing starts.

I’ll go back to English literature in the spring term, if all goes as planned. I’m considering trying to become a college teacher in literature.

Music Theory II - Traditional Harmony…basically, just how to write ‘classical’ music, particularly everything pre-romantic, and a whole lot of things in the romantic era.

Ear Training II - Second semester class on how to hear intervals, chords, rhythms, etc. Mostly not-useful to me because I have perfect pitch.

Piano III - Third semester class on learning piano chops.

Calypso Band - Percussion Ensemble that does Calypso music.

Symphonic Band - Concert Band in University (basically, that means no string section)

University Singers - Standard University Choir. Mostly contemporary choral pieces.

Mad River Transit - Jazz Choir. VERY cool.

Opera Workshop - Vocal/Drama class where you do lots of improv acting excersizes, and put on various operas every semester; last year, they did The Consul by Gian Carlo Menotti.

Intermediate Voice
Vocal Performance Seminar - A class where you perform vocal pieces. The second one is particularly for people receiving private lessons. Im only taking the first one because the new teacher also teaches a performance group I’m in, and she wants a way to closely monitor what I’m capable of. I suppose she’ll see pretty soon that I’m capable of a lot. :stuck_out_tongue:

Voice Lessons - Pretty self-explanatory.

Percussion Lessons - Also self-explanatory.

Twelve Classes, Fourteen Units. Being a music major is the fucking ding-dong sometimes.

All the docs-to-be I know face the same multipage problems.

I’m still in High School so my schedule isn’t that wild.
I’ll have Maths, English and PoSci AP, and “normal” classes in German, Physics, Geography, Music, Computer Science, Catholic Religion and PE plus DELF classes in French.

That is fucking amazing. I’m glad that someone is taking post-secondary music classes. I would myself but I’m in Fine Arts at the moment… perhaps in the future I can delve into music classes though.

The class was originally about Marxist, Feminist, and especially Post-colonial criticism, but so few people were signing up that the department told the professor he would have to change the class or cancel it. This is excellent news – the class now begins with the Greeks and ends with “the mid-twentieth century,” where I would lose interest anyway.

We focus on the Feminist and especially Post-colonial criticism in the English literature classes, while in the Swedish literature class, we’re all over the place. Could be because I took distance courses though, but we didn’t really focus on themed criticism much in the Swedish version. Odd, really. It’ll be interesting to see how it turns out now that it’s not distance.

I’ve started to respond to this to a couple times, but I basically can’t say anything other than that this is my idea of a perfect day, especially that the students are repelled by it, which can only mean that some day the true study of literature will return like the harrowing of Hell and all the cultural-studies careerists will spontaneously disintegrate at the sight of William Shakespeare eating dinner by himself.

ENG 310 Topics in American Literature: Poe and others, American gothic fiction

CSI 110 Internet technologies

DMP 100 Digital Still Photography

TV 220 Digital Video Editing

Очень интересно. Sounds interesting and I hope that you like the course.

This is for all the nice boyz and girlz of RPGC who are embarking on the next stage of their travels through the marvelous world of ABCs and 123s - a promotional video by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation (not):
Back to school :wink: