Chrono Break

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2004/1030.html

The gist: Square-Enix unregistered the the trademark “Chrono Break”, but they haven’t unregistered “Chrono Brake.”

So, what do y’all think?

I’m not sure what to think. This shit’s been registered and speculated upon forever already, so I’m in no rush to see a new sequel. With that in mind, I really wouldn’t mind much if they never made a new one. But, since they only unregged one trademark, maybe they are planning to do something with the other one? After all, you can’t have TWO names for a title :stuck_out_tongue: Chrono Brake made more sense anyways to me. The titles Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross made perfect sense in context with the game. I couldn’t imagine myself breaking time :stuck_out_tongue: But I could imagine BRAKING time, like stopping it. :stuck_out_tongue: So, I always figured they’d use the name Chrono Brake. With THIS in mind, I think a sequel is still possible, which could be kinda neato.

In summation, I really don’t care if they do or not, but it’ll be cool if they do :stuck_out_tongue:

Or maybe its a cart racer based on “ChronoTrigger”.

Chrono brake, like, braking in a race.

There is a rumor that it might be for Xbox.

I doubt all truth to that rumor; Xbox doesn’t have a fanbase for this type of game, so there’s little money to be made on the Xbox for an RPG. In all liklihood, it’ll be released on the PS2/Gamecube, then re-released on the other systems.

I just hope that if they do make a sequel, it’s better than Chrono Cross. That game was so sub-par it makes my heart ache.

There ain’t no bigger Chrono fanboy then me, so i’m keeping my fingers crossed. But let me say this: If it’s for XBox, I’m going to kill myself. x_X

Originally posted by Devillion
[b]Or maybe its a cart racer based on “ChronoTrigger”.

Chrono brake, like, braking in a race. [/b]

For suggesting that you need to die.

Originally posted by Devillion
[b]Or maybe its a cart racer based on “ChronoTrigger”.

Chrono brake, like, braking in a race. [/b]

Yeah, and instead of Lavos, we could have Midas as the last boss.

“But your oil… refused to change…”

:fungah:

Very interesting indeed. I hope there is a new sequel, and I agree, i hope it’s MUCH better than Cross. I loved that game, but I cringe at its flat characters, its weird weapon/armor function (which didn’t matter much to the game because usually you had no opporitunity to make your own, and when you did, it could only be 1-2 at a time because of certain materials that could hardly be found) its pretty much out there storyline (face it, you pretty much had to waste a lot of time talking to people and going back and forth between places to gather what the hell you were actually supposed to be doing) and its stupid secrets which are impossible to find out unless you consult a guide.

It wasnt worthy of Trigger at all, but it had its moments and features which were nice. But all the same I’m hoping for some possibility of Break.

Originally posted by Sorcerer
I doubt all truth to that rumor; Xbox doesn’t have a fanbase for this type of game, so there’s little money to be made on the Xbox for an RPG. In all liklihood, it’ll be released on the PS2/Gamecube, then re-released on the other systems.

You are right, but there was a artical on GameSpot that MS may gets rights for the Chrono games.
And while it does sound unlikely, people said the same thing about MS buying Rare, GTA going on Xbox, and Final Fantasy going on other systems.

They would have to buy said rights from Square-Enix. Just cos the main Chrono series writing has been working with Monolith Soft lately doesn’t mean that they’ll get the rights. Masato Katou might have quit Square-Enix, but he’s freelance; he could very well be hired to write the scenario for Chrono Brake be Square-Enix. It is possible but not likely. Er, and if you’re talking about Microsoft, well I doubt it :stuck_out_tongue: Microsoft just doesn’t have anything in that genre, those aren’t the kindsa games they make.

Actually, once the rumor spread about Rare, I figured it was true. Rare had pretty much flopped for Nintendo, and GTA was such a smash hit that I couldn’t imagine it not going multiplatform, so I don’t even know why people doubted that rumor. Final Fantasy, yes, I doubted that one, but not very much considering the Nintendo-Square history. Especially so considering the financial situation both Square and Nintendo were in.

Originally posted by Skankin’ Garbage
Microsoft just doesn’t have anything in that genre, those aren’t the kindsa games they make.

They have more then GC.

What the hell is GC? I don’t get these abbreviations. TTMWT ok? :stuck_out_tongue:

GameCube :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Gizamaluke
They have more then GC.

But not as much as PS2, which is square’s focus, incidentally.

And I believe the rumor of CB on xbox was from gamedreamz, right? Not gamespot, you even posted a link to it a while back.

This PA comic might explain explain a bit. At least my personal take on the matter.

Xbox doesn’t have more RPGs than Xbox…

What? More then itself?

You’re right. It would be impossible for Xbox to ever surpass the Xbox in RPGs :stuck_out_tongue:

All kidding aside, I can presume you ment GC.
In that case, Xbox does have more.

GAMECUBE RPGS
[ul]
[li]Animal Crossing
[/li][li]Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance
[/li][li]Baten Kaitos
[/li][li]Dungeons & Dragons Heroes
[/li][li]Evolution Worlds
[/li][li]Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
[/li][li]Giftpia
[/li][li]Gladius
[/li][li]Gold Star Mountain
[/li][li]Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
[/li][li]Lost Kingdoms
[/li][li]Lost Kingdoms II
[/li][li]Medabots Infinity
[/li][li]Mega Man X Command Mission
[/li][li]Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II
[/li][li]Phantasy Star Online Episode III
[/li][li]Skies of Arcadia: Legends
[/li][li]Summoner: A Goddess Reborn
[/li][li]Tales of Symphonia
[/li][li]Tengai Makyou II: Manjimaru
[/li][li]Tensai Bit-Kun: Gramon Battle
[/li][li]X-Men: Legends
[/li][/ul]

XBOX RPGs
[ul]
[li]Arx Fatalis
[/li][li]Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance
[/li][li]Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance II
[/li][li]Braveknight
[/li][li]Deus Ex: Invisible War
[/li][li]Duality
[/li][li]Dungeons & Dragons Heroes
[/li][li]Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
[/li][li]Fable
[/li][li]Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel
[/li][li]Fatherdale: Guardians of Asgard
[/li][li]Ghouls 'N Ghosts Online
[/li][li]Gladius
[/li][li]Jade Empire
[/li][li]Makai Tensen: Rune City
[/li][li]Metal Dungeon
[/li][li]Neverend
[/li][li]Neverland Saga
[/li][li]Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II
[/li][li]Phantasy Star Online Episode III (Maybe)
[/li][li]Pirates of the Caribbean
[/li][li]Runebrid
[/li][li]Sea Dogs II
[/li][li]Shin Megami Tensei Nine
[/li][li]Star Wars: Galaxies
[/li][li]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
[/li][li]Sudeki
[/li][li]Tenerezza
[/li][li]Thousand Land
[/li][li]True Fantasy Live Online
[/li][li]Wars and Warriors: Joan of Arc
[/li][li]X-Men: Legends
[/li][li]Zanzarah
[/li][/ul]

Your move, Sherlock.

Perhaps I should reword my response to say “Gamecube has more quality RPG titles than Xbox”.

I’d also like to mention the fact that you took the time to look all that up and type it up is quite sad.

“Gamecube has more quality RPG titles than Xbox”.

That is an opinion.