Chrono Break

Upon further inspection, some of those games haven’t even been released yet. Ghouls N Ghosts online is in the beta stage, Zanzarah hasn’t been released yet, and Duality was cancelled. Those are just the ones I bothered to check. Since I’m bored, I think I’ll check all the ones I haven’t heard of.

Originally posted by Sorcerer
Upon further inspection, some of those games haven’t even been released yet. Ghouls N Ghosts online is in the beta stage, Zanzarah hasn’t been released yet, and Duality was cancelled. Those are just the ones I bothered to check. Since I’m bored, I think I’ll check all the ones I haven’t heard of.

Just remember, A few of them are Japan only so not all of them are on IGN and stuff.

If they’re unreleased, then they don’t count. I shouldn’t have to remember that, you should be smart enough to realize it. Unreleased games don’t make the system, the released ones do.

If they’re unreleased, then they don’t count. I shouldn’t have to remember that, you should be smart enough to realize it. Unreleased games don’t make the system, the released ones do.

Ok then.

GAMECUBE RPGs
[ul]
[li]Animal Crossing
[/li][li]Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance
[/li][li]Evolution Worlds
[/li][li]Gladius
[/li][li]Lost Kingdoms
[/li][li]Lost Kingdoms II
[/li][li]Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II
[/li][li]Skies of Arcadia Legends
[/li][li]Summoner: A Goddess Reborn
[/li][li]Tales of Symphonia (In Japan)
[/li][/ul]

XBOX RPGs
[ul]
[li]Arx Fatalis
[/li][li]Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance
[/li][li]Braveknight (Japan Only)
[/li][li]Deus Ex: Invisible War
[/li][li]Dungeons & Dragons Heroes
[/li][li]Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, The
[/li][li]Gladius
[/li][li]Metal Dungeon
[/li][li]Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II
[/li][li]Pirates of the Caribbean
[/li][li]Shin Megami Tensei Nine (In Japan)
[/li][li]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
[/li][/ul]

Wow, a whomping one more rpg than gamecube. That doesn’t mean much.

Wow, a whomping one more rpg than gamecube. That doesn’t mean much.

But it is more.

Well, in my opinion, the quality of Square’s games have been getting progressively worse over time. So truthfully, if they never made Chrono Break (or Brake, whatever they decide to call it), it would disturb my sleep for a number of nanoseconds, especially after the amount of times I heard “Chrono Cross is the greatest game ever made” and was incredibly disappointed when I finally got around to playing it.

Giza, where is Wind Waker on the GC list? Or does that not count? If it counts, then what about Oracle Of Time Re-Release, technically it’s on the GC.

EDIT: Deus Ex: 2 is an RPG? I dont think so.

Originally posted by Dominic Deegan
[b]Giza, where is Wind Waker on the GC list? Or does that not count? If it counts, then what about Oracle Of Time Re-Release, technically it’s on the GC.

EDIT: Deus Ex: 2 is an RPG? I dont think so. [/b]

Well, Zelda is considered a Action/Adventure.
I’m with you. I think it should be considered a RPG but the masses disagree.

And Deus Ex is a RPG.
It’s a FPS/RPG.

Originally posted by Gizamaluke
It’s a FPS/RPG.

That’s one of the biggest oxymorons I have ever seen.

You’ve obviously never played Deus Ex.

You’ve obviously never played Deus Ex.

And those who haven’t should be slaped.
DX is one of the greatest games ever.

I have Deus Ex, I wouldn’t exactly call it an RPG/FPS, I’d say it was an FPS that gave you a lot of freedom.

Originally posted by Dominic Deegan
I have Deus Ex, I wouldn’t exactly call it an RPG/FPS, I’d say it was an FPS that gave you a lot of freedom.

Well it is a RPG.

DX2 is much different. There aren’t any exp points or skill masteries. There’s universal ammo and this time around, you can’t really go stealth that much (but you couldn’t in the end of DX either) since 1-hit KOs are nearly impossible.

DX I’d consider an RPG, but I’m not sure about DX2.

Ok, first of all Giz, you’re arguing something completely different from what I’m arguing.

Microsoft MIGHT have more RPGs than Gamecube, ok. Woohoo. Microsoft is a company, Gamecube is a system. :stuck_out_tongue: MICROSOFT as a COMPANY does not produce and RPGs. Xbox HAS RPGs on it, but MICROSOFT makes almost none. And especially no traditional RPGs. They make stuff like Dungeon Siege.

Now if you wanna argue what system has more games, you’d have to add up systems by company, and this is where Nintendo wins, because they have TWO systems out right now, so they have all GCN RPGs and all GBA RPGs. That’s tons more than Xbox. :stuck_out_tongue: So whatever tangental argument you were using to prove, well, whatever you were trying to prove, is null :stuck_out_tongue:

Square-Enix has released no games on Xbox and there are no talks about them making any sort of attempt to release a game on Xbox. That would just be something you hear about :stuck_out_tongue:

So, back to what I was saying, in the FIRST place, Microsoft will like 100% certainly not buy the Chrono series from Square-Enix, because they have no stock in the genre of traditional RPGs. I am not saying XBOX, other companies BESIDES Microsoft release games on Xbox :stuck_out_tongue: I am saying MICROSOFT. :stuck_out_tongue: If anything, if a new Chrono series game was released, it would probably be on PS2. It could very well be on Gamecube too, because, since Square-Enix still has the rights to it, and they also have a liscence to release games on either system now, there’s no saying where it could end up.

Originally posted by Skankin’ Garbage
Now if you wanna argue what system has more games, you’d have to add up systems by company, and this is where Nintendo wins, because they have TWO systems out right now, so they have all GCN RPGs and all GBA RPGs. That’s tons more than Xbox. :stuck_out_tongue: So whatever tangental argument you were using to prove, well, whatever you were trying to prove, is null :stuck_out_tongue:

I was arguing with Sorc, not you.
And I wasn’t aware you ment COMAPNY RPGs.
Of course Nintendo will have more if you add all the RPGs from both systems.
But, Xbox exceedes GC in RPGs. That is what I was arguing with Sorc, not you.
So what ever YOU tryed to prove right now, is null :stuck_out_tongue:

Once again, Shenmue II was forgotten for the XBox. :frowning:

Er. Did you completely forget the part earlier in this thread when you said THIS:

You are right, but there was a artical on GameSpot that MS may gets rights for the Chrono games.

And I said THIS:

They would have to buy said rights from Square-Enix. Just cos the main Chrono series writing has been working with Monolith Soft lately doesn’t mean that they’ll get the rights. Masato Katou might have quit Square-Enix, but he’s freelance; he could very well be hired to write the scenario for Chrono Brake be Square-Enix. It is possible but not likely. Er, and if you’re talking about Microsoft, well I doubt it :stuck_out_tongue: Microsoft just doesn’t have anything in that genre, those aren’t the kindsa games they make.

And you said THIS:

They have more then GC.

…Or WHAT, dude? :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Skankin’ Garbage
Or WHAT, dude? :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah.
MS does make RPGs.
And I stated that Xbox has more RPGs then GC.