Cell phones

My cell phone plan is about to expire and so I wanted to get some opinions about phones from you guys. I have a plan from T-Mobile and I’m most likely going to go with them again… But I’m trying to decide between getting the nokia 3650, Motorola T722i, or Sony Ericsson T610. (the camera phones) Does anybody have any of these, and can give me any insight on how the pictures look, sound quality, game quality, etc? Or, if anybody has another picture phone they like could they tell me about that? I’m really tired of my current phone, so I’d like to get a nice one…

Don’t ask me, I have an N-Gage, so my opinion doesn’t count.

Originally posted by Mr. Saturn
Don’t ask me, I have an N-Gage, so my opinion doesn’t count.

I was thinking about the n-gage, but it’s as expensive as the other phones… but you said it was like talking into a taco… isn’t it awkward? And I assume it doesn’t even come with any games…

Definately get either Siemens or Nokia. hates Ericsson almost as much as corn candy And Motorola’s camera- phones are so friggin small you can put them into your wallet. As for recommendations… hm…camera phone, you say?
I’d either suggest this one (it’s mine ^^) if you want a seperate camera, in this version it’s integrated already.
Siemens: this one for integrated camera and this one if you want it extra. :slight_smile:

I couldn’t view either of the Siemens ones. And those Nokias… gulps Aren’t the 7000 series $400+? <.<;; the only reason I can afford the nokia 3650 is 'cause T-mobile has a $150 rebate… and it’s still $150 o_o

There are these new phones out where you can play MP3s, play video games and all that other cool stuff. Nokia, I think. You should get that one, although i think its really expensive.

Gnjeh, I hate siemen’s site navigation >.<
Go to http://www.my-siemens.com , at the quickfinder select either all phones or M55 or S55 (which I suggested for seperate camera), don’t know what the one with integrated camera was called.

Whenever people are discussing cellphones, I always feel obligated to post a link to this site.

http://arcadetones.emuunlim.com

BTW…nice avvie, DT. :kissy:

Thanks GG :kissy:

DoCoMo cell phones are miles ahead of any other.

www.nttdocomo.com

Don’t be tied down by your Cell phone, do you REALLY need one anyway? Do you REALLY want people to always be able to contact you? Sure you look cool when you talk in them, but is brain cancer really worth it?

Originally posted by BlueMageOne
Don’t be tied down by your Cell phone, do you REALLY need one anyway? Do you REALLY want people to always be able to contact you? Sure you look cool when you talk in them, but is brain cancer really worth it?

Hey, if enough of my brain rots away, maybe I’ll find mainstream TV and movies entertaining again. :ah-ha!:

That was my thinking, anyway…

Originally posted by BlueMageOne

…I look cool when I talk into it? o_o uhh, not something that passes through my mind when I use it. And people aren’t always able to contact me. If I don’t feel like talking I have it turned off or don’t answer it. It’s useful when I need it. (and since I’m away from home ALOT, I need it alot.) And anyway, it’s what I use to pimp my hos, yo.

…<.<;

Yeah, cell phones just really bug me for some reason. I just don’t see the real use of a teenager, student or even most adults having one except for the once in a while occational emergency. Is it really worth spending $100 bucks on?

Call me backward, but its like plasma HD TVs and SUVs, its just something we don’t actualy need.

I personally don’t like cell phones, but there’s still something I think you should consider. Do you really need all these features? Why pay $400 for a phone that takes pictures and plays mp3s when you can buy a very nice phone for $100, a digital camera for $150, and a cheap mp3 player for $75? Sure these 3 will take up more space, but they’ll probably end up costing you less and will probably do a much better job than the cell phone ever could.

I might seem like a nice feature, but if you ask me you’re paying far too much for something that’s little more than a novelty feature. I seems like a waste of money to me,

I would never pay $400 for a phone. My current phone was free, and the ones I’m looking at are $150 or below (because of the rebate). And I think $150 is a pretty damn good price to pay for a camera/video recorder/phone, that has GOOD reception for once.

And I dunno, was my sp really worth spending $100 on? Considering I hardly ever use it as I have no time? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Better to get something I KNOW I’ll use… such as a cell phone.

(edit: and I’m looking forward to using my sp during breaks/plane rides/summer vacation, so I don’t consider it a waste… but a cell is something I use daily, the sp is not.)

I agree Dark Sand. They slapped the camera on the cellphone just to get you to spend $100 more bucks on a feature you’ll hardly use. How good would pictures taken with your cell phone actualy be anyway?

That’s actually another thing I wanted feedback on. Which phone has the best picture quality? I found some reviews that have sample pictures, such as this: http://reviews-zdnet.com.com/Nokia_3650/4505-6454_16-20815588-3.html?tag=review …but I don’t really know how good that is in comparison to digital cameras/other phones.

I own a Siemens ME45.

I would reccoment against buying a Nokia: They explode, and they’re unable to confirm that it’s due to unoriginal batteries. I wouldn’t trust a cell phone brand that explodes with any kind of battery. And then I’m told they break down a lot. But I’m biased against them.

And I personally reccomend Siemens. My old one still works, it just needs new lid and a new battery: I’ve dropped it onto the ground more times than I can count.

Originally posted by Astral
I was thinking about the n-gage, but it’s as expensive as the other phones… but you said it was like talking into a taco… isn’t it awkward? And I assume it doesn’t even come with any games…

Well… This page might shed a light on the problem: http://www.sidetalking.com/

ROFL