Cell phones

What kind of cell phone or smart phone do you have? I’m in the market for a new one, and I’d like to know what you think about what you have.

My plan is with Alltel, and I’m happy with the company currently. They’re merging with Verizon here, so I’d rather stay with them since their plans are less expensive than Verizon’s and in the event of assimilation I’ll be grandfathered in at my current rate. I’m also trying to decide whether to upgrade to a smart phone and to pay the extra money each month for those features…

LG Rumor. It’s one of those phones with the slide-out keyboard things. I got it because my friends just won’t stop fucking texting me. :stuck_out_tongue: Good grief, I already I don’t like talking on the phone because of how impersonal it feels, but now they can’t even use the phone for its original purpose. Oh well.

Anyways, it’s a nice phone…if you do texting, I guess. Doesn’t have a flash camera :frowning:

ROKR E1. In case you don’t know what it is, Google it. It’s old and was one of the first phones to have iTunes. Like you, Vicki, I’m kinda in the market for a new phone, but haven’t found anything I really like.

As per my phone, I like it for what it does. That’s why it’s a bit hard to replace it…

None whatsoever. Ha!

I’ve got an iPhone 3G. It was only $300 and the plan is about $70 for the basic pan, and I have one that is like $110 with unlimited data and a lot of minutes. I love how it syncs with my Mac and how I can use the internet where ever. Texting is easy and the maps program rocks. Everything is integrated very nicely and the programs work well together. I love the iPhone, I just wish it had more space (it tops out at 16GB, which limits the number of TV Shows I can have on it).

I have a really basic LG. Like, it was free (maybe $20?) when I renewed my plan. It works well for me, but I’m rather utilitarian when it comes to technology.

See, I’ve had my Razr for about 4 years, and I’ve liked it a lot except for the talk time. Unfortunately, something in the receiver is screwed up and I can’t hear anything for the first minute or so during an incoming or outgoing call. I also text a lot more lately and would like something a bit more text-friendly, and I think it would be nice and fun to have at least decent web access. I’m not on the phone that much, less than 600 minutes a month.

I was looking at the Samsung Delve and two different Blackberry models (Curve and Pearl), but I just don’t know if I want to spend that much more per month on that kind of plan.

I have a Nokia. It sends annoying text messages which trigger responses of the same kind from people who can’t seem to spell and it buzzes in my pocket whenever I’m trying to sleep in the train. It’s the worst purchase I’ve ever been forced to make and it ruined my fucking life.

And no, it doesn’t have a camera, hard-drive, flashlight, fleshlight or whatever the fuck you kids have on your newfangled macheenses, it’s a fucking PHONE, I use it to TALK ON THE PHONE.

A fleshlight on a cell phone would certainly give new meaning to phone sex.

I am one of the few people in the universe that refuses to get a cell phone.

Despite actually having a phone, I don’t really use it much. Nobody really calls me, much less texts me, except my immediate family. And about half the damn people I know apparently have iPhones now and AT&T are dicks in that you’re FORCED to have a data plan if you get it. (And you can’t really get around it, since if it’s detected you have one, they charge ya.) Although I wouldn’t really like an iPhone even if I got one. Too much shit there.

But I’ve had my phone for over 3 years now, so I gotta start thinking about getting a new one sooner or later (later perferably).

I wouldn’t mind getting a Sony Ericsson phone, but they’re usually ridiculously expensive and almost never sold in the States. I like the whole MP3 player thing and my phone has what’s called “3-D speakers”, so you really get the music sounding loud. Obviously, no other phone has this. It’s kinda like how I’m one of those people who seemingly refuse to get an iPod or similiar objects.

I thought I was the only one

Mine’s usually a Campbell soup can and a really long piece of hardware twine

I have a hell of a time trying to get other people to accept their cans

iPhone. It owns.

I use an old Siemens ME45, but want a Palm Pre.

I got a cheapo Vodafone-branded cell for the army and miss my Sony Ericsson that could double as an mp3 player. At least it’s very light and it has radio.

Would be tempted by an iPhone if it weren’t made by Apple, but I’m quite content with my Sony Ericsson k750i. Camera (and video camera), flashlight, memory card slot (which currently has 512MB in it), internet, games, it’s pretty useful. And unlike most people, I do use pretty much all the features on a regular basis- and my life would be infinitely more complicated if I didn’t have it or some other form of mobile communication.

I’ve got an indestructible Samsung. Seriously, I’ve dropped it in water 3 times and it still works like new. But I have had it a few years and its getting a little rough around the edges.

The cheapest I could find.