Catching racoons

I don’t know, Sin. Sure, he could die from it. This is true. But could anybody important die from it?

Best advice is to leave the raccoons alone. You don’t even need to call animal control, because that’s wasting their time. Just don’t leave your damn cat food outside.

I volunteer at a wildlife rescue occasionally and have watched someone administer anaesthetic to a raccoon in order to check what injuries it had. It was a real rough fight and took the staff member at least 5 mins or so before he could get a decent shot at it. Raccoons are basically small bears, and are loaded with parasites. I would advise avoiding physical contact with them.

Also, complaining to animal control about removing raccoons from your backyard is like complaining to city hall about homeless people. They don’t have many other places to go, and certain opportunities make city life more opportune.

Both of them?! Don’t people check dosages?

Systemic side effects. Kidneys excrete a lot of metabolites, making them prime targets for toxins. I don’t remember if it was a dosage problem or an allergy or something like that. Doesn’t matter in the current context. The kid’s dead.

This is fucking nuts, don’t catch the racoons!

Don’t bother with the other responses, I’ll sum it up for you:

Go get e’m. You’ll be better off barehanded, so they won’t slip away. Make sure they get nice and angry, so they’ll tire out and stay. Don’t bother with antiseptic on the bites, it just makes them sting.

Punching Raccoons barehanded? Why, that isn’t… Sly at all!

It used to be a damn Disney moment every morning back when I lived in Northern Helsinki, with birds/squirrels/mice/bla/bla hording in our backyard. Now it’s just other peoples’ pets. Moving a bit to the southwest probably helped…

Get yourself a blue tick hound and go ‘coon huntin’. You’re not allowed to kill the 'coon.

Wile E. Coyote thanks you for your continued patronage.

Had you dug around the area, you might have found a nice blue flute.

Is that what that shit is for? I always wondered but every time I get to close they all scatter!

Yes, you first have to reach the same place in the dark world and get the shovel by talking to the tree stump (iirc). You need to have the hammer from the first-crystal dungeon to get there. Then you go back to the light world and start digging to the NW of flute boy. Play the flute in front of the statue in Kakariko village to activate it; you will need the flute to reach the 6th dungeon.

Go on, it’s a great game.

Says the person who can’t handle a minimalist run on the game.:smug:

Old Yeller died from a raccoon bite (in that, he got rabies and was shot in consequence). So yes, important individuals can die from raccoon bites, or are you suggesting that Old Yeller wasn’t important!? You coldhearted bastard!

Wanna know the best way to catch the coons? Use a white girl as bait.

OH!

Yea because I wasn’t already talking about black people.

Who said I was?

Who said you were what?

Stupid card died on me. It’s the same card that had killed my Zelda:OoS saves when I had a dungeon or two left to go (and for some reason my saves never cooperated with new files of the game). It’s no wonder the first thing I did next time I could leave the base was buy a card that worked. Stupid cards.:bowser:

Sin in 2003.

Sin in 2010.

See, the friendly tip was geared more towards not messing with it in person. Poison is different; it can just be left around. GSG was wanting to capture it and have dog fights with it or whatever. That’s vastly different than Frameskip wanting the problem rid of.

It was also probably a somewhat comical reference to earlier misadventures with raccoons on this board.