CastleVania: Aria of Sorrow

Now that would be cool…

I wonder what a game like that would be called.

Originally posted by Mr. Saturn
I’d like to see a Power Stone-esque melee brawl between Alucard (SotN), Alucard (Hellsing), and VHD.

Sounds like the parody doujinshi I’m working on O_o

Companies like Konami should make Super Smash Brothers clones with their own characters. Or just a castlevania fighting game.

Nah, dude…that would kill SotN. I liked CotM, & SotN. I want to play AoS, I HATE HoD! I’m trying to beat it but it SUCKS SO MUCH!!! goes to look for the ROM of Aria of Sorrow

I dont think any castlevania on GBA will be better then sotn because it had the greatest music and GBA’s music just doesent cut it

Arikado is Alucard!

What was wrong with HoD? I thought it was much better than CotM.

Sweet! When you do the game over in hard mode, you can find two awesome items once you get the Giant Bat soul - Death’s sickle and his robe! Both raise Luck tremendously, and his sickle rocks da house! It’s slower than the holy sword you get (and it’s dark-elemental, so it doesn’t do as much damage to a lot of enemies) but it’s hella stronger and has a HUGE range. It’s really cool. :sunglasses:

If you beat the boss rush thing, you get excalibur, which is a bit stronger than that holy sword (and it looks really cool).

I picked the game up yesterday and…wow, that’s all I have to say for now, WOW.

OK, I just got Excalibur and I was like… HUH? I mean, that’s the first time I ever saw someone swing it while it was STILL in the stone. Looks kinda funny though. 8p And while it does have higher strength than Death’s sickle, the sickle raises all the other stats, Excalibur is only marginally faster and it looks way stupider. 8p

I WANT TO FIND THAT ROM!!! Also, CotM is the BEST! It plays almost exactly like SotN. So there! :stuck_out_tongue:

Reasons why CotM doesn’t play anything like SotN:

1. You are Nathan Graves, random vampire killer extraordinaire. God only knows how he got the Vampire Killer and not a proper Belmont.

2. He uses the Vampire Killer. A whip. Not a sword.

3. His magic system is based on various Tarot-styled cards. Kinda like Cardcaptor Sakura on crack.

4. Nathan is not in any way a vampire, thus no vampire abilities and a replacement card magic system.

5. He can’t run unless he has the ability to do so. Even then he doesn’t move very fast at all.

6. Has anyone noticed how ‘tall’ the castle in CotM feels after playing HoD and AoS? I noticed that it looks more vertical than it does horizontal.

7. He doesn’t even fight the real Dracula, just a pussed out ghost version of him.

Now all these reasons are just to say that CotM doesn’t play like SotN. I’m not saying CotM was in anyway a bad game, just different. If anyone can think of more, feel free to post.

In all accuality I’d say that AoS was certainly the closest to SotN in gameplay for several reasons. But I’ll get to that later.

Alucard couldn’t run either, at least not until the second castle, and even then only on the Saturn port.

Oh, and <A HREF=“http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/game/35534.html”>Nathan is a Belmont (check Castlevania story faq on this page; can’t directly link it… what good is a reference site when you can’t reference it? >_<)</A>. Weak blood relation, but relation nonetheless.

True. But he can still walk faster than Nathan’s running.
And your link doesn’t work.

Originally posted by FunnyGinMan
7) He doesn’t even fight the real Dracula, just a pussed out ghost version of him.

just like in hod.

That guy wasn’t even Dracula at all. But he still had the old feel, even if you could beat him without getting hit once.

I thought excalibur was funny. I read the description first, something like “legendary sword in the stone”. And then I went to use it. And discovered that the description was all too accurate.