CastleVania: Aria of Sorrow

see? leveling always helps.

good luck in the rest of the game!

Oh god, Symphony of the Night…even the thought of it…

this action has been censored so as not to shock the younger members of the forum

Ah, it was good for me.

Since there’ve been so many favorable comments about Aria of Sorrow, I think I might go pick it up today.

It has New Game +, nuff said

you lose your levels, but you retain your equipment and your souls (THANK GOD!) so that makes it okay. I’ve started a game in Hard mode to hunt down the missing souls. I loved the story and the good ending via the three ancient books was just superb. (It made sense too)

To have Soma’s powers awaken if you wielded the powers of Dracula while slaying the wannabe. Too bad he didn’t wear a cape for effect. Loved the hairstyle.

Also, I liked the support cast, although I’m still curious about one in particular.

I know why Alucard got involved, but I can’t recognise Yoko for some reason

Belnades, Yoko’s last name, is the same name as a character from Castlevania 3, Sypha Belnades. Other than that I don’t know the connection either.

Originally posted by Cidolfas
Belnades, Yoko’s last name, is the same name as a character from Castlevania 3, Sypha Belnades. Other than that I don’t know the connection either.

Aaaahh…alright, now I get it. Her whole church affiliation and the fact the ‘job’ was handed from mother to daughter for centuries. And it’d explain why she knows Gendo on a personal level.

Originally posted by Mr. Saturn
Hey, info, did you never play Symphony of the Night? Even if you didn’t play it on PSX, at least find the import Saturn version… it makes this game look like crap.

No, I didn’t have a PSX when it came out and I haven’t seen it anywhere. Although, after what you said, I’m going to start looking for it since I am liking AoS, but I’m stuck (everywhere I haven’t been I can’t reach it seems).

Methinks I’m going to have to get this. But for the life of me I can’t find the rom, so I’ll have to buy it.

Small question…

WHY DOES EVERY FREAKING CASTLEVANIA CHARACTER LOOK LIKE ALUCARD NOW?!!!

because alucard is a sexy bitch of course, that and he’s just badass enough for clones of him to not be satanicly annoying

Actually it is satanically annoying.

Although at least Nathan in CotM didn’t look like Alucard.

Originally posted by d Galloway
[b]Small question…

WHY DOES EVERY FREAKING CASTLEVANIA CHARACTER LOOK LIKE ALUCARD NOW?!!! [/b]
WHY DOES YOUR MOM LOOK LIKE ALUCARD???099ik junhbyggtf34q t6%T^Y&JUTF&U^Y*OYGB<KLUYIDVBGH SIUT!!!1

Funny you should mention the similarities of Alucard and various other chars. I’d say there’s a reason for it in AoS.
I personlly have played the crap out of the game. Not only did I beat the game the day after I bought it, but later that evening I got 100% of the map and 100% of the souls, the best equipment, and am currently lvl 69.

Then I went through and beat the game with Julius and got as much of the map as I could which was 99.2%. If anyone knows how to get more please let me know.
I personally didn’t see the story twist coming. I quite enjoyed it as I thought of it as a good change for the Castlevania series. It’s like you got to play as Dracula instead of family or the local killers.

Originally posted by d Galloway
[b]Small question…

WHY DOES EVERY FREAKING CASTLEVANIA CHARACTER LOOK LIKE ALUCARD NOW?!!! [/b]

Because Ayami Kojima does all the character design.

…and because SotN’s Alucard is one secsay biznatch. :slight_smile:

Well, regardless… Soma, Juste, Nathan… all would have their asses handed to them by Alucard. Even if they teamed up on him.

I don’t know… if Soma really opened up, he would really give Alucard a run for his money. I can’t really give any specifics as that would give spoilers… unless you’d rather read it all in spoiler speak.

Yeah, yeah, yeah… I still say Alucard would kick his ass.

Bah. Simon could kick Alucard’s ass any day of the week. SIMON BELMONT FOREVER!!!

I think Simon and Alucard would know better than to fight. They’d probably just go get a drink or something after pummeling Juste into the ground.

I wanna see a fight between Alucard and Vampire Hunter D.

I’d like to see a Power Stone-esque melee brawl between Alucard (SotN), Alucard (Hellsing), and VHD.