Cannibal Corpse

You like The Clash, so your opinion matters on everything.

heh, thats funny. someone on the boards said my opinion didn’t matter in music since i liked the clash

They must be either stupid or Hades or both. =p

Wait, I seriously can’t tell if you are being sarcastic here. :hyperven: But the Clash aren’t my favorite band. That title belongs to the Misfits.

I love the Clash- and the Misfits. Fuck, the Misfits are one of my favorite bands (although the title currently goes to Skinny Puppy).

The Clash is alright. Rock The Casbah is pretty much all I’ve heard, so yeah I guess I should be shot. Venom, death metal, HAHAHAHAHA yeah right. More like Black/proto-thrash. You’re thinking of Celtic Frost. And Probot is alright… not that great, but what i’ve heard is pretty good.

Rock the Casbah was on Combat rock. Most of that album is distored pop and reggae sounds if you ask me. Nonetheless it is still pretty good. As for black metal, I’m starting to think that they all take themselves far too seriously. Its not about having fun, like Alice Cooper was. I know Alice Cooper isn’t anything like death/black metal but I think the whole image thing was just to mess around with people and have a good time. Nowadays people act like their music has this underlying truth in it, and if you can’t see it you obviously aren’t cool enough. As you can tell I love music discussions.

Still, the Misfits are WAY better than the Clash. Though the Clash has its moments, nothing beats the Misfits in the punk area. I think even their newer stuff is better than ‘Combat Rock’ era Clash. Call me crazy, but that’s just me.

Anyways, did anyone check out the gruesomely titled songs in my list for Cannibal Corpse (in an attempt to stay on topic)?

And Celtic Frost is mediocre, though integral to the evolution of black metal.

I’ve probably heard atleast half of those. Like I said previously, the only songs that I really like are Hammer Smashed Face and Devoured By Vermin.
And Celtic Frost isn’t that mediocre… Circle Of The Tyrants fucking rules!

No offense, but that’s EVERYONE’S favorite song by Celtic Frost. The damn thing’s been covered so many goddamn times it’s not even funny. Oh well, it’s not my favorite of CF…that belongs to ‘Procreation (of the Wicked).’

Anyways, that’s too bad that you only enjoy 2 of the songs (HSF and DBV). You might want to try something like ‘Decency Defied,’ from the new album. That, or ‘I Will Kill You (my personal favorite).’

APRIL FOOLS!