Can I get a reasonable explanation?

Since TD’s not capable of giving me anything but the typical cop-out answers that chat room ops are so notorious for when they don’t have a case, can someone explain to me why I’m banned? Why I’m actually banned?

I’ve been told it’s because I respond to other peoples’ provocations (the only person who isn’t guilty of this is Starstorm, and my arguments with him last maybe 2 minutes and aren’t the least bit intense), in a nutshell, but I just don’t buy that. It’s too unreasonable, and I know TD’s not an idiot (Can’t say the same for CH though. I’m getting sick of him banning people on a whim and pretending he’s earned the right to joke around like that with people who simply aren’t amused.).

I’ve also been told that there’s some sort of thread discussing my behavior or something. Do I look like a lab specimen? Can someone put an end to this bullshit and simply unban me? Can the people who intentionally provoke me (deadtear’s really the only one who fits this description) be punished so that I don’t have to be banned simply for defending myself? (defending myself against wholehearted comments like “You’ll never get laid,” “your penis is tiny,” and “it’s Hades, so he MUST have no idea what he’s talking about!” or even worse, “It’s Hades! He MUST be right!” said sarcastically.) Or you can just ignore these things and pretend my behavior isn’t justified by personal attacks against me and that I’ll be antagonistic regardless of what people say, even though if I got half the respect anyone else in the chat did (with the exception of Manus and Nessa. They put up with more shit than I do), I’d be the most pleasant one there.

And if your name’s TD or CH, don’t respond to this. I simply don’t want to hear it.

And please, no comments from people who decide they think it’d be cool to try to be super-witty thinking it’ll amuse someone.

If its that big of a deal why would you want to be in the chat with those people anyway?

Keep an eye out for meteor showers, I just stood up for you, though since I’m not an op anymore, I don’t have an actual vote.

What’s happening is that your lashing out at Nulani was seen by some as a being part of a trolling pattern. What’s being discussed is the validity of that claim and the consistency of what’s being presented and what the circumstances that give rise to the problems some see are.

Thanks for the explanation Sin.

I actually see problems with my behavior too (which I’m trying to improve on). I’m just having a hard time figuring out why I’m banned because of them, since they really don’t seem to severe to me.

I like Nulani. That “lashing out” was for mere giggles. A likely defense, I know, but if she was actually offended by it, I’m sorry.

RC: To appease my addiction. I hardly get anything out of chat anymore, but it’s a habit.

What?
He was lashing at me? That was supposed to be me lashing at him!

I’m very rarely offended by anything, and I wasn’t offended by anything yesterday. But if I am, I’ll let you know. As for arguments with Hades: I would be the one that keeps them going. I think arguments are fun; I mean, nothing could possibly be more amusing than seeing steam foam out of a person’s ears. I do it in real life too. I guess it’s one of the reasons why so many people dislike me. It’s a bad habit I suppose, but it’s also a great stress relief. You should try it!

It was decided that you should be banned because your behavior at the time was see an typical of what we’ve been seeing of you lately: being aggressive/trolling. Whether or not the other people were at fault is being discussed, but if you were treated more harshly, it’s because you had a perm-ban removed and are on probation. Now you state that you don’t like it when I ban on a whim, but then right after that you state that you don’t want people discussing your behavior, so which is it? (By the way you were not banned on a whim, someone else brought it up in the op notices and all the active ops discussed it for a while, I was merely the person who actually banned you)

Now you also complain that you don’t like people trying to provoke you, now this is a totally reasonable request, but sometimes people accidentely provoke you when they’re just trying to kid around. This incident was an excellent example, especially since YOU were the first person to comment on the whole “You always being right” thing, people saw that and probably assumed that since you were joking about it, it was ok for them to also.

CH is illiterate ;_;

And by the way, I wasn’t banned on a whim this time, but I’ve been banned on a whim by you half a dozen times.

And the me being infallible thing is ok to joke about if I’m obviously kidding about something (like a samurai beating up a tank or dogs being better than cats) but when I’m actually right and people use sarcasm to imply I’m wrong, it’s frustrating beyond anything you can imagine.

And yeah, I hold double-standards about behavior-discussing by/against me. Doesn’t it feel great to have yourself analyzed? :smiley: :smiley: The difference bewteen what I do and what you do is that people can’t put an end to your crap simply by ignoring you.

Could someone throw me the definition of trolling? All I know it as is bugging people and making senseless remarks.

From rule 13 of the Forum Rules, something similar is in effect for the chat:

• Don’t create threads or posts with the sole aim of insulting a subject or to generally cause trouble. That’s called ‘trolling’ and we don’t condone it.

If people are let in on what bugs you they will keep harping upon it to annoy you. There is a thing called ignore. Why do you care what idiots think of you? Why do you need to defend yourself against baseless idiotic comments?

The thing is, GSM, Ops are not allowed to ignore people, and people are not allowed to ignore Ops. So, Hades might be annoyed by some Ops, but he cannot ignore them and expect to stay in the chat.

sundemon is not an op, and hades is not an op himself so he can ignore sundemon. And if any ops are to annoy him then maybe he should no longer spend time in rpgclassics, even though its part of a habit.

Why do something that will eventually piss you off? You need to distance yourself from things that do that if you can and find something better to occupy your time or find somewhere else to chat.

How am I illiterate?

Yes you’ve been recieved joke kick/bans several times, but guess what, so does everyone else, including all the ops. I get kicked, banned, akicked, and removed from the op list. Do I make a thread in the chat forum about it and throw a fit? No, I laugh along with everyone else.

We are not mind readers, it’s sometimes difficult to tell when someone finds the joking funny, or when it goes too far. As I said before, people likely assumed that joking about it was ok since YOU brought it up. If someone goes too far then just calmly inform them and it’s very likely that they will stop instead of turning around and snapping at people.

I’m sure having your behavior discussed isn’t high on your list, but really it’s your own darn fault. If your behavior wasn’t a problem, there would be no need to discuss it. Also it’s rather hard for you to say “Don’t discuss my behavior” when you have made this thread to discuss your behavior.

You’re either illiterate or intentionally ignorant. Choose one.

I like Dark Sand’s repsonse here:

And like, just so you’re informed on this, I have no problem with joke kicks. They’re absolutely hillarious. I only have a problem with the +b that sometimes comes before them, because it interferes with auto-rejoin, closes the channel, fucks up my logs, and is just generally annoying where it’d otherwise be funny. And uh, remember that one time you joke-banned me for like 10 minutes thinking I was amused by it? I wasn’t.

“Hey, let’s have a discussion about the holocaust!”<br>“Hades brought up the holocaust! It’s ok to joke about it now!”

And I tried that with deadtear. Didn’t quite work. I believe I was told something along the lines of “fuck off.”

No it isn’t. I already told you I hold double-standards :stuck_out_tongue:

Hot damn this post has a lot of quoting in it :stuck_out_tongue:

Whoops, I misread that sentence. I beg your patience, we’re not all so infallible. :frowning:

Except that’s not what happened, because I didn’t say what I did was wrong.

No, no I do not. I remember giving you a joke ban, forgetting to take it off for ten minutes, and apologizing about it when I unbanned you.

[QUOTE=Hades Shinigami]“Hey, let’s have a discussion about the holocaust!”<br>“Hades brought up the holocaust! It’s ok to joke about it now!”
QUOTE]

No, you’re twisting my words. What I meant was you brought up the joke about you being always right.

That’s funny, because when you were responding to my requests to be unbanned with replies like “Nah, let’s leave it on for just a bit longer” I could’ve sworn you were aware that I was banned.

And it wasn’t, because there’s no way you could’ve known how I felt about your joke-bans. But that doesn’t matter, because you’re still trying to justify it by using the frequency of joke bans as a cop-out.

You’re not guilty of any poor behvaior, because like I said, there’s no way you could’ve known I wasn’t amused by what you did, but you can still fix it by having me unbanned.

It’s not my goal to make you look unforgiveably guilty. It’s my goal to be unbanned because I really don’t think I did anything severe enough to warrant it. Nulani’s post in this thread invalidates the only instance of prolonged trolling I’ve been accused of. Random outbursts at deadtear and shaking my head at Starstorm’s annoying I’m-a-kitty charade is nothing more than what anyone else in the channel does on a regular basis. Steve gets bitchy at me once in a while, but me and him are pals and what we do is so ridiculous that I can’t imagine anyone being offended by it.

Well now we’re getting somewhere, I just glanced at this on my way out the door though, so I’ll edit this when I can get on a computer again.

Edit: Ok, sorry a ban can’t be more quickly resolved, it’s not any reflection on your behavior. It’s just that once a thread is made it takes the ops a few days to discuss the incident, get everyones input, and insult each others manhoods for a few pages.

This entire thread is basically an example of Hades’ self-righteous, assholish attitude and basic disrespect for anyone with more power then him which is likely a part of what led to his banning.

Right or wrong, its trolling and you have no authority to make these kinds of inflammatory and offensive statements, Jango

This is a perfect example of the type of provocations I’m talking about. I haven’t talked to Jango in years (and since he’s had me on ignore, he really hasn’t heard a single word I’ve ever said to anyone else in that time either) and he has the nerve to call me a self-righteous asshole with basic disrespect for people with more power than me. He presumes to know what I’m like, then makes a huge generalization about how I treat ops, which proves he couldn’t have even read this thread in the first place, which invalidates every comment he just made.

Way to make an ass of yourself Jango.

CH: No need to apologise. What you did was almost completely understandable. I just thought a few people might be unclear on the actual circumstances of this incident. It’s not as bad as it could easily be made out to be.