Booya! Summer time!

Use your “fist of death” on someone from another branch…I’m just jokin’ around. Besides, it’s all in good humor for our Marine pal right?

Funny you should mention that…my recruiter really didn’t tell me any lies. For some reason, they don’t fuck with college kids, probably because they have the mindset that college kids are too educated or something?

Not trying to sound like an asshole, Loki, but in addition to the lying recruiters, there’s lying enlistees who claim they were told something they weren’t, when they either didn’t pay attention or just up and decide they wanna do something else. It’s an imperfect system…
Nontheless, if you’re happy outside the military, then that’s best for you.

Mine lied to me and I was in collge, I had just finished my first year. I think that yours may be lying to you still. You won’t realize it until after boot camp though.

Well, first of all, they were witholding information that one of the recruits had done acid, as well as several other drugs. Not only this, but they blatently told me to lie straight through my medical records.

I got into a car accident, and had court scheduled for the day I was going to finally sign my contract with them. I informed my recruiters of this and they said there was no problem. My dad casually mentioned it to the officer before I signed my contract, and he informed me that we’d have to come back when the ticket was cleared. My recruiters then said they’d get a friend to “take care” of the ticket so I could sign right away. Uh-huh. Yeah. Sure. So I didn’t join.

Lastly, they tried to intimidate me into joining after I had made my final decision. Bah.

And it’s besides the point, I have absolutely no desire to join the armed forces at this point in my life- even if the recruiters are happy happy lollipop sunshine people.

EDIT: I was a college kid…

Yeah, I believe that there are lying enlistees. Hmph. Oh- if I ever DID try to join again, I think I’d go Marines.

Damn, well in your case you definately made the right decisions. That’s some seriously dirty shit…

Touche Info…I dunno. I know all that “pride of belonging” and “all fun times” he preaches is BS. I know half the shit, especially being an officer (I’m going to OCS my Junior year), involves desk work. I already know the military’s a bureaucratic clusterfuck, but I deal with it. If your recruiter tries to intimidate you, then he or she is a piece of shit who doesn’t respect your choices.

They always tell you to lie. You won’t get in trouble for most stuff. If ti is abd enough that you’ll get in trouble they won’t send you.

As for your edit. Hoorah, looks like you’ve found where the real action is. :hahaha;

I actually wanted to do Marine ROTC, but my history teacher back in HS, a former Marine Capt., told me there’s no such thing. Ironically, the Army was my #2 choice, and then I found out about Marines ROTC and I was like “God damn it I’m too late!”. Another interesting tidbit. I actually had asthma and lost it when I was around 9/10. I was in Army ROTC, and my family told me to lie, but I thought they’d look through your records tooth and nail, and when I said I had it, they did. I was disqualified but I was eligible for a waiver, passing the medical and age requirements. However, the Colonel over at Fort Monroe thought that wasn’t good enough so I basically was booted out of ROTC unwillingly. The recruiting major, Maj. Smolenski (nicest officer in the world), tells me, “You know what? I bet I can get you in the Guard!” I played along with it, and it took me 6 god damn months, but I got an asthma waiver from the Nat. Guard (get that huh?) and now after I become truly Infantry qualified I dunno if I should stick this in ROTC’s face and get back in or just do the harder but more respectable OCS. That’s what honesty will get you sometimes, a huge ordeal full of bureaucracy and red tape, but still one shouldn’t completely lie no matter what the recruiter says, because if they catch you lying, you’re screwed. Wow…that was a mouthful. :thud:

A mouthful indeed, but true nontheless. You can actually get fined and/or hard time for lying, because it’s falsifying a federal document. It seems shitty to think about, but I’ve heard of it happening before, somewhere in either Nevada or Cali, I think.