Booya! Summer time!

Travel to Munster, Germany…stopping by Scotland, London, and Chicago along the way…then go to LA in a couple weeks afterward. I’m gonna see more of the world in a few weeks than I have in all my past years combined. X.x I’ve also got seasonal passes to the theme parks in-state…and the rest of the time I’ll probably be working on site design and gaming. ^^

Pre-basic teaches you a lot, Rommel is techically a soldier, just not into tech school yet.
Rommel, good luck, man.

Pre doesn’t mean much. If I go to a prep for OCS, it doesn’t mean I’m an officer. Maybe it is just Marines, but until you graduate and get your EGA (Eagle, Globe, and Anchor), you are not a Marine. Also, the stuff before it is much different from the actual thing.

I’m going by US Army standards, perhaps its different, but in prebasic you get armed/unarmed combat training, Army history, and logistic analysis. At least, you did three years ago when I did it.
In any case, my best wishes to out to those joining the service.

Interesting, in the Marine Corps, you aren’t a Marine until you graduate and get the EGA. You spend a lot of time learning the stuff and preparing ebfore you go to boot camp, but you aren’t a Marine. Ours is called Delayed Entry Program where you spend the time before you go learning customs and traditions (which includes history), PT, and some other stuff. I never had time to do that, so I don’t know what else you learn. I guess it is just one of the fundamental differences between the Army and Marine Corps.

Ohh, I see what you mean, my mistake. No, you’re not officially in the service yet, you have just undergone most of your training. I was just saying that for all skill purposes, you may as well be a soldier.

You’re both right. I have a year’s experience, just not the black beret to be a fully qualified Infantryman. I get paid, get training, get Military ID (a godsend), and get a lot of other Army benefits/equipment, but yeah I think the Marines do go by different things than the Army. A.R.M.Y. stands for Ain’t Ready [for] Marines Yet anyway :hahaha; . Just kidding…

Wow, lucky you.

About the last part. Errr! KILL!

I think I have 16 more school days, then I never have to see my Chemistry teacher again. I’m exempt from all my hard finals from taking all those damn Taks tests and ap tests. All that’s left are extracurricular class finals. ^^

Can’t wait 'till the summer, Choir’s going to California for a 3-4 day trip. :yipee: (yeah, I don’t get to leave this city much, so I’m happy)

Oh by the way many thanks for the encouragement, Fort Benning I heard is almost as bad as Parris Island, just more inland with 90-100% humidity. Infonick is right with the Marines though…I have some of Marine ROTC friends and their cadet status means nothing until they become commissioned and get their EGA, that and pass OBC (Officer Basic Course).

Must…control…fist of…death…

:thud: :fungah:

Well, if the recruiters didn’t tell me so many bald faced lies, I might have been going to basic training to be an intelligence agent in the Navy… their loss.

Instead, I’ll be working, gaming, and eventually going to California (oh… and the 26th of July is my birthday… <.<).

Yeah, some recruiters will tell you anything you wanna hear to get you to enlist. They’re not all like that, but the few bad seeds give 'em all a bad rep. My suggestion is to find your high school or (preferably) college ROTC detatchment commander and get some advice from them.

No. I refuse to work for an organization that is supposed to be honerable but hires liars to ensnare people. This was a BIG lie.

BIG, eh? I’m curious. (This doesn’t mean you have to say, it just means I’m curious :P)

Um, they’re not hired to lie. I get the impression they HAVE to administer a certain amount of ASVAB tests quarterly, as well as get a certain amount of enlistees. Some areas have a high enough population where the enlistees come in without problem, and others don’t.
I guess my point is don’t assume recruiters are hired to lie. Again, just because a few do doesn’t mean they ALL do.

I didn’t say they got hired to lie. I said that they hired liars (and they didn’t get punished for this lie, which broke several military rules). There is a big difference.

Probably work, either I’ll try to find an internship with local law enforcement (though they all have hiring freezes now), in some crummy local job, or help my dad with whatever epic summer project he has planned.

Oh and holy SHIT Trill, I want your summer.

Then you’ll want to kill me before summer ends. I swear I’ll make some crack or so about the Army. I’ve been tempted, but I’ve held back and controleld myself so far. It comes with the competition between services.

I think it’s probable that they didn’t start lying until AFTER the hiring process. Anyway, I’m not an active member of the armed forces, so I’m not trying to sound hard core, just saying don’t be ignorant.

EDIT: just messing around, infonick. I take it all in good humour. :hahaha;