Be all that you can be...a hick.

I think that the La Huachuca Army base is asking to be stereotyped with this <a href=“http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=32727”>new policy</a>. I can’t say it’s such a bad idea, though; cheap and deterring. Whadda you think?

Well, they COULD use the handles to whack people where it hurts the most…:slight_smile:

They’d be arrested and pursued for excessive violence. I find the whole thing ridiculous really…back to clubs we go, oy.

It’s back to the Stone Age for the military…:slight_smile: Do they have any Hooligans as generals or something?:slight_smile:

Originally posted by Zero
They’d be arrested and pursued for excessive violence. I find the whole thing ridiculous really…back to clubs we go, oy.

Just like if they had shot someone without need. I don’t see any problem there

And a club is better than nothing; why do cops carry batons?

I know! I’ll use this wooden stick to kill that person a few hundred yards away that’s shooting at me!

K.

Of course the military’s motto is ‘Shoot first, ask questions later, once the people are in your custody, unable to defend themselves.’…

We’re talking about sentries, Urk.

Not snipers. Sentries.

Originally posted by Manus Dei
Of course the military’s motto is ‘Shoot first, ask questions later, once the people are in your custody, unable to defend themselves.’…

There have been breaches of the rules of war in the past and I do think some of the treatment used in interrogation is fuckin sick, but that has nothing to do with the soldiers on guard duty. Thus your reasoning is fatally flawed.

What about trigger-happy sentries?

What about trigger-happy sentries?

Give me one fact based example of such an incident, and shooting on armed foes doesn’t count.

Hell, define “trigger-happy” in a way that you could show to a judge.

People who think guns are toys, people who feel that they can shoot anyone when they feel like, or people who hastily open fire as soon as they hear the tiniest noise.

People who think guns are toys, people who feel that they can shoot anyone when they feel like, or people who hastily open fire as soon as they hear the tiniest noise.

Seeing your way of thinking toward mildly agressive people in the other thread, I’d say you’re as likely to be one of them as anybody.

I think otherwise. Although I may lose my temper under a few circumstances, I would never do certain things.

Like, say, toning down your loquaity?

So World War III will be faught with sticks? I thought that was supposed to be World War IV.

:fungah: :runaway: It reminds me of my favorite movie from when I was five, someone was given a club and it was called a life preserver.

Why don’t you just say “people who are trigger-happy” instead? Just as vague as any of your examples and gets the job done in one phrase.

… trigger-happy…