Bad movies

Why do some people keep making really shitty movies and keep being seen in really shitty movies? This is like the 3rd shitty Ben Affleck movie in a row. Daredevil, Gigli (dear god) and Paycheck are pretty much all shit. Similarly, that sad excuse for an actor Mark Whalberg was popular for a bit. Hopefully we won’t be seeing him in the near future. Guh…

I think its really funny that Affleck was one of the heads of Project Greenlight for HBO. Are they going to have a 3rd season of that?

But Mark E Mark is where the party starts!

I don’t think Mark Wahlberg is as bad as Ben Affleck. And I think the problem (well, one of the problems) with Ben is an utter lack of charisma x_x

We can’t forget Kung Pow.
:fungah:

Kung Pow and Daredevil kicked ass, so shut your mouth. Other than that, there have been a lot of crappy movies out lately, but looking back over the years, most movies are crappy.

Daredevil was ok, I’ll give you that.
But Kung Pow? Good? Surely you jest.

Don’t forget we also got several great movies this year, including RotK and The Last Samurai both at ONCE. Usually we get one or none over the entire year, so I’m not complaining.

But yeah, all those supercrap movies like “Gigli” and “2 Fast 2 Furious” were a complete waste of time and money. Sad when people flock to that trash.

Kung Pow is a great movie. There’s absolutely nothing redeeming about it, but it’s so silly that I don’t care.

And as for Paycheck, I’m kind of confused about a PG-13 rated John Woo movie. I know he’s probably trying to reach the American market, but I’d rather so those uberviolent epic gun battles that helped inspire the Max Payne games. Yeha, that’s be cool.

O_O!!! HADES!!!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMGOMGOGMOGOGOMOGMOMGOMGMO!!!

anyway, daredevil wasnt bad, it wasnt that great, but it wasnt bad. wasnt as bad as the hulk at least.

And Kung Pow, while it is not a “good” movie, if you’re judging it by the comercials, you dont know what you’re talking about. I didnt want to see that movie cuz it looked so lame, I mean c’mon fighting a cg cow? bitch please. It is an old kung fu movie redubbed, I didnt know that. I love old martial arts movies, mostly cuz Ilike to make fun of them with a couple of my friends and EPL, but I liked it very much. abaalalblablbsalbdfsdefioeoihfhfdtgjuhftgjh

PS, Paycheck looks like the lamest crap ever. HE LEAVES HIMSELF 19 CLUES! OMG! Instead of leaving himself like a post-it not, nice going ben. AND THEY ERASE HIS MIND!@$@211231232
back where I come from, they torture you out of everything you know, then kill you and your family.

How can they murder a Philip K Dick story like this? ;_;

Kung Pow was SUPPOSED to be bad, so that does not count. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh- and the short answer to your question, Sin: it makes money.

People, people… one man’s crap is another’s gold.

Besides, Hollywood makes movies according to what they THINK will sell, not according to quality. And sometimes they guess wrong, anyway.
(By the same token, many GREAT movies are often completely ignored by the public.)

And will SOMEBODY explain to me how a movie based on a Disney Ride got to be the #2 biggest hit of the year???

In MY opinion, Daredevil was OK; X-2 was good; the Hulk was terrible; Finding Nemo was GREAT; Matrix 3 (didn’t catch 2) was great to look at but, but confusing; Gigli I didn’t bother to see (since I do NOT endorse movies or TV shows that feature criminals as good guys - it had nothing to do with its quality) Once Upon A Time in Mexico was a gorefest, yet curiously good in its own way; Looney Tunes: Back in Action a disappointment; and RotK is up next on my movie-going list.

What other movies were worth seeing (or skipping) this year?

Originally posted by Wilfredo Martinez
What other movies were worth seeing (or skipping) this year?
You didn’t mention The Last Samurai. Many say it equals RotK, some say better. I’d see it.

Hmmm my emphasis wasn’t clear. I meant to point more at Affleck’s and Whalberg’s lack of talent and how they really haven’t been in good movies/projects for a while, yet people keep liking and casting them for roles.

I have that same problem with Jennifer Lopez. She’s such a conspicuously horrible actress that I can’t believe they keep putting her in movies. On top of that, she’s an eyesore. Painful to watch, no matter what she’s doing.

Originally posted by Hades Shinigami
…On top of that, she’s an eyesore. Painful to watch, no matter what she’s doing.

But you can’t deny, she has one great booty.

Originally posted by DeathCheese
But you can’t deny, she has one great booty.
I never understood peoples’ fascination with her ass. It’s no better than 9/10 of other asses I see. What constitutes a nice ass anyways? It’s an ass…

Originally posted by Hades Shinigami
I never understood peoples’ fascination with her ass. It’s no better than 9/10 of other asses I see. What constitutes a nice ass anyways? It’s an ass…

It’s big and uh… apple shaped.

Beauty is relative. Maybe for you big asses are sexy, maybe for other people they are not.

I’m with Hades there, It’s just an ass :stuck_out_tongue:

You left out Freddie Prinze Jr. in the list.

And I think the more important question is why do people keep going to shitty movies.