Are you smarter than a Fifth Grader?

I am. Are you though? I’m willing to say no.

Even fifth graders would have remembered to put at least a <a href = “http://www.fox.com/areyousmarter/”>link</a> to whatever it is they wanted to discuss in the opening post

This topic confuses and saddens me. :frowning:

No.

But I tell people otherwise.

Kids are smarter than you give them credit for.

Yes!!!

Maybe I was posing a general question rather than refering to anything in particular. >:(

exposition about the decline of Western Civilization

“It” is spelled “I-T” The rest of the question was completely unrelated and there only to throw me off.

I know that I’m smarter than a Third Grader, and it’s essentially the same thing. So yeah “I am da’ smart, I am da’ smart, S-M-R-T.”

I can’t answer that unless you specify a country. I’m smarter than any fifth-grader in Antarctica, that’s for damn sure (except for those penguin nerds).

Yep! ^^

I am the Sixth Grader. Who is the Fifth?

Probably not

Although I answered all the questions on that quiz correctly, and have seen the show, the premise is somewhat misleading. It claims that a fifth grader that can answer more knowledge questions is necessarily smarter. This is not so. It means that they have more knowledge in a given area. Human beings acquire and get rid of information constantly. It’s clear that the brains of many of you didn’t think that a lot of these things are important. I agree wholeheartedly. As one acquires more knowledge in other areas, sometimes other things are forgotten.

I’m a nitpicking Nancy today.

Am I smarter than a fifth grader? YES. Am I smarter than an incredibly brilliant fifth grader? no. It all depends on which fifth grader I am being compared to.

For the record, I base my answers on the fact that when I was in fifth grade, I was way smarter than most, but not all, of my fifth grade peers.

One must also wonder what kind of fourth grader, given that it was supposedly a fourth grade level question, learns about REM.

What quiz are we talking about?

Also some of the questions are on American history, politics, and the outdated imperial measuring system :confused:

Or the impeachment of Johnson (I coulda sworn it was Jackson). When I was in fifth grade, I didn’t even know what inmpeachment was, or any presidents aside from Washington, Lincoln and Clinton.

Really. it’s more like “Are you smarter than THESE fifth graders?”

Jackson was censured.