Anime vs. Mangas

makes note in livejournal watch…more…drawn-out…anime…

I’ve seen uncensored DBZ, it take 45 eppies to get throught the fights… it takes about two shows every move.

It horrible, DBZ gives children nightmares’

I can imagine…

“Now be a good little boy and go to sleep, or else daddy will make you watch DBZ!

“Nooo! daddy! I thought you loved me!”

etc etc…

… Um, the men in white coats will be coming soon.
There your friends.

Let them try 6_0

• shakes her head*

OK, lets try to get back on topic now.

What manga/amerimanga would you want to see as an anime? I say Megatokyo, with the right crew, could work.

I think Wish would make a good series, Megatoyko would be okay, maybe.

What’s Wish? I’ve never heard of it.

Originally posted by Pierson
What’s Wish? I’ve never heard of it.

It’s a manga by the goddesses of manga, CLAMP. It’s about a guy who rescues an angel, who promises him one wish. The catch? This is the guy who literally has everything a person could want.

It’s interesting, but considering the fact that it hasn’t even been turned into anime in Japan, highly unlikely to become an anime in the states.

EDIT: Problem fixed.

Manga usually covers alot more into the story but anime has music and motion to give it a more indepth feel. its all in what ya see. Akira the movie was good but akira the manga covered it so much better and gave it the full depth it needed. Its a toss up buyt i’m a manga person.

WISH ISN"T A MANGA IN JAPAN!?!?!?

• cries* Oh well… I guess i would also like to see demon dairy turned into a anime.

Lets reverse the question… What anime would you like to see turned into a manga?

Really? I would have assumed it was Japanese. It sounds like something they would write. What country was it written in?

Originally posted by Alyx
[b]My comment on DBZ

this time on DBZ:

Trunks: I will slice you with my sword!

Frieza: Oh yeah?

Trunks: Yeah!

Next time on DBZ: Will trunks pll out his sword? And if he does how far will it be drawn before the episode is over?

It takes like 20 shows to get through a fight [/b]

Next episode:

Trunks: begins pulling out sword, gets it halfway out

Don’t miss the next exciting episode of DBZ where Trunks finishes pulling his sword out! 8D

LOL! This sounds like soemthing South PArk would do as a piss-take.

Originally posted by Pierson
Really? I would have assumed it was Japanese. It sounds like something they would write. What country was it written in?

It IS Japanese. I was pointing out the fact that there was no ANIME based on it, even in Japan.

I really have to stop answering posts at two AM. I thought you meant it hadn’t been written in Japan in the first place. Ah well. Plus see Alyx’s last post.

Any others? Anyone?

I think all anime is based on manga…I think. O.o;

As it is, I want to see a Mononoke Hime manga come to the states somehow.

Yes it is, that’s why I love both equally. Anime and Manga are both great in my opinion because japanese animation is a great art form and I love the stories, both action-packed and humorous types.

Has anyone here read ‘Warmth’ by Fred Gallacher? Was it any good?