Anime vs. Mangas

Originally posted by Epicgamer
[b] But would you say the same thing if it was only released in book form? No one ever said that manga had to be completly Japanese in orgin.

Anyway, I think it is, and I have a Megatokyo Volume 1 signed by Fred Gallager, along with a sketch of Ping, so I’m not complaining :stuck_out_tongue: [/b]

Mine has Kimiko.

And I got him to autograph my Chobits fan. So did Dom. Waiiiiii.

And THAT is why I want some anime expos over here…

I like anime I never truly liked comics… I think that in a moving Anime several things can be potrayed that could never in a manga…

Most things possible in Manga are possible in Anime, but the same ain’t true the other way around. i.e Tetsuo’s flesh-transformation at the end of Akira. It just wouldn’t be the same.

Thinks about all her mangas and anime crap around the house.

I guess it depends on the series, some have really cool effect and some drag on FOREVER…

Manga’s generally get to the point faster and you learn stuff about the series and characters you miss in the Anime.

It depends what you like. ::doh:: I can’t decide… I’m a blond thinkings hard for me. I like megatokyo too. Visit fredart.com it has TONS of his drawings.

Megatokyo rules. Try Wendycomix.com as well, that’s pretty manga-inspired, if incredibly surreal.

Originally posted by Pierson
Megatokyo rules. Try Wendycomix.com as well, that’s pretty manga-inspired, if incredibly surreal.

Surreal is a bit of an understatement…

I really don’t like Wendy, because it’s really a bit too random for me. Dunno how. O.o

Really? I will do that right now * goes and does that*

oops. wrong address. www.wendycomic.com is the actual address. My bad.

Some webcomics can be pretty funny though. For surreal blackness try www.choppingblock.org

Originally posted by Alyx
[b]Thinks about all her mangas and anime crap around the house.

I guess it depends on the series, some have really cool effect and some drag on FOREVER… [/b]

coughDragonBallZcough

Never have I seen an anime so ridiculously drawn out such as this one. Maybe that’s not saying much on my part.

Trunks spends 5 shows powering up
“Oh wait, I still haven’t reached maximum power! I must go train s’more!”

Happens EVERY time.

Not having Cable, I am fortunate to have missed DBZ. It does look kinda lame. Although nothing can comapre to the ridiculous names Sailor Moon uses for it’s attacks. Why can’t they just shoot the damn things? You could kill them htree times over before they get into the fifth 3-syllable word.

Originally posted by Evangelion
[b]

Trunks spends 5 shows powering up
“Oh wait, I still haven’t reached maximum power! I must go train s’more!”

Happens EVERY time. [/b]

Vegeta and Goku face off

Vegeta: I am the strongest in the universe!

Goku: No! I am stronger by the flap of a butterfly’s wings!

Vegeta: gasp THAT much? Then I shall do push-ups until I am the strongest!

Goku: Never! My training will defeat you! starts doing push-ups

twenty episodes later…

Next time, on Drag-on Ball Z: Vegeta and Goku do more push ups!

Not having Cable, I am fortunate to have missed DBZ. It does look kinda lame. Although nothing can comapre to the ridiculous names Sailor Moon uses for it’s attacks. Why can’t they just shoot the damn things? You could kill them htree times over before they get into the fifth 3-syllable word.

That’s the damned english version.And in reality, when they do their attacks, they aren’t flailing their arms and hair as we are made to believe, it just looks pretty that way.
They’re only 20 minute shows remember, and the whole process of changing into Sailor Moon and all their attacks and that shit is incredibly repeatitive. The names aren’t <i>bad</i> but you have to remember the shows were meant for an age 8-12 audience usually.

And DBZ has its moments, but it’s kinda one tracked.

EDIT: Phoenix you have the right idea, hehe. I swear I used to watch DBZ last summer and for a week, the voice over would broadcast “Goku and Cell face off”. Three shows later, we have yet to see that.

Surreal is a bit of an understatement…

I really don’t like Wendy, because it’s really a bit too random for me. Dunno how. O.o

My comment on DBZ

this time on DBZ:

Trunks: I will slice you with my sword!

Frieza: Oh yeah?

Trunks: Yeah!

Next time on DBZ: Will trunks pll out his sword? And if he does how far will it be drawn before the episode is over?

It takes like 20 shows to get through a fight

Alright, now I gotta see some of these.:hahaha;

its true, though the undubbed verision is a tiny bit better it still takes a long time to get through fights

At least the west can do overblown fight scenes with style (yo the Wachowski’s!)

I remember seeing a clip of Ninja Scroll once, and the one impression I came away with was speed. The entire fight scenes went so damned fast, with that epilepsy-inducing-coloured-lines thing in the backgorund that all anime seems to use at some point.

Originally posted by Alyx
[b]My comment on DBZ

this time on DBZ:

Trunks: I will slice you with my sword!

Frieza: Oh yeah?

Trunks: Yeah!

Next time on DBZ: Will trunks pll out his sword? And if he does how far will it be drawn before the episode is over?

It takes like 20 shows to get through a fight [/b]

And even then, the episodes are editted for length ;_; imagine what the uncensored subs are like

• nods and smiles like she knows what he is talking about*
    Thats cool