And the Lord was grieved that he had made man on the earth...

No, you basically said “Umm mabe my wording coulda been a little better but that’s not important”. Hell, if you two hadn’t blown this up in that other thread maybe Cala woulda stuck around and explained herself to innocence.

And Kag, what other people are like shouldn’t affect your behaviour in a negative fashion. Clear, constrictuve but firm criticism should not go out of style just because it’s not popular.

X spells immature as inmature. haha.

Welcome to the wonderful world of circular logic Vic. When someone leads the argument in circles, what are you going to do?

I doubt that X- when someone like that’s exposed, it’s not likely that they’ll get forgiveness. I think what was said needed to be said and has needed to be said for a long time.

It’s not that constructive criticism isn’t popular- it’s that people don’t listen to it- ESPECIALLY when it’s about the way they are.

Actually, I said that I’d be willing to apologize for my wording but not my message. Stop distorting things.

He’s human, X. People get angry. People get annoyed. Your criticism, however, has not been at all clear or constructive since it’s essentially attacks on my person.

RPT: Those threads should be made as blanket statements. What would you expect when you go off citing names when you complain about something?

And yes Vic, I’m sure many have noticed :stuck_out_tongue:

This has been thoroughly entertaining.

You make it sound like you 100% know she’s guilty beforehand. Now I’ll admit: if everything you’ve said is absolutely true, then yeah, she’s probably guilty. But it’s not wise to judge beforehand and attack her as if her guilt has been mutually assured; doing that will alienate people and make things worse. In this case, your tone of wording reflected that you had it set in stone that she was a man, baby, and that she was damned or something for it. Is that really appropriate behaviour?

And what’s right isn’t always what’s popular; that doesn’t make what’s popular better.

Dai: Well, I’m angry and annoyed, so it’s OK for Kag but not for me. Gee, thanks.

But if you seriously will apologize to Cala, in a controlled setting, for being the way you were, great. But I’m not here to attack you, I’m here to attack what you did. I used to like you and Kag, before you started acting like this. I’m not out to make you my enemy, let’s make that clear.

Wow Kagon, you said something i can agree with (again). I hate constructive criticism. Growing up my dad was a rude jerk to me and called it “constructive criticism”.

Well, when I have a theory going for months and every action taken proves it that much more, I’m going to argue the case as if she is 100% guilty since that’s my belief. That’s what lawyers do too, but you wouldn’t call them on that.

I know.

Holy shit, Nate and I agree. The world’s coming to an end. =P

When there’s overwhelming evidence on one side and abslutely nothing on the other except for 2 people’s words, people tend to gravitate to the one that makes more sense. This isn’t a courtroom. Judgements on one’s character tend to not be decided by unanimous vote.

Who said anything about it being popuplar or right?

Well, you see, I’m not about to argue for you with the angry part since you know, we’re kind of not in agreement :stuck_out_tongue:

Attacks on my actions would involve that incident and ONLY that incident, which would not involve words such as “hypocrisy” and references to make actions that are not involved.

Apparently nobody listens to me unless I’m being an asshole or it is convenient for them.

Nate, he wasn’t being constructive, he was being a drunken asshole. They were acting like your dad, not constructive.

And Kag, that’s because it’s a lawyer’s job to argue a case like that. At the risk of sounding judgemental, You should be a hell of a lot more impartial in matters like these, especially if she really hasn’t done anything wrong rules-wise.

And Dai, you don’t have overwhelming evidence. You have each other’s word, Cala’s attitude (but no good logs to give as examples specifically) and a few pictures that aren’t there. No offense but that’s not good evidence.

Originally posted by Cybercompost
Apparently nobody listens to me unless I’m being an asshole or it is convenient for them.

:slight_smile:

Maybe things would best be worded this way:
While there may not be proof, per se, since that would imply a definitive, concrete source of data that showed a case to be true beyond a doubt, we have seen evidence that indicates, to our perception, that Cala is in fact not female. Admittedly, some of this evidence is subjective, such as the interpretation of Cala’s behavior. But Dai’s opinion of her/him, while not presented in the kindest fashion, was true in that it represented his opinion of her/him and his view as to Cala’s gender and other qualities. Perhaps it was “bashing” to a degree, and perhaps it could have been presented in a more neutral fashion. But Dai was voicing his own point of view, and one cannot find fault with that act itself, as it was requested by Cala.

The burden of proof would be on the shoulders of Kagon and Dai, but in truth, there is not any real need for proof. If this were a trial or some sort of legal preceding, then there would be a need for proof. But in this case, Kagon and Dai are instead trying to show reasons for Cala’s being male, and cite examples that would be understood by the viewers. In this sort of forum, hard proof is difficult to provide, because much information could be contested.

At this point, it cannot be definitively said whether Cala is male or female, or whether Dai and Kagon were right in putting forth their comments. If the issue present is the legitimacy of Kagon and Dai’s assertion, we must keep in mind that the two can neither bring proof, nor do they need to do so. If the issue present is their hostility, then speak to them once about the degree of negativity in their posts and leave it at that. Should they continue to be negative, responding in kind will not solve any problem.

But in the end, keep in mind that each person’s words are his opinions in this situation. Changing a person’s opinion when he is committed to it is exceedingly difficult; it would simply be more efficient of all participating to simply state their opinion and leave the conversation at that. This isn’t a case of whether 1+1= 2 or 3; you can’t prove a person wrong or right. Back off from the yelling and the confrontation, and move on to other subjects.

Who the fuck are you, and what have you done with Jiharn.

Anyway, I suppose yeah, the main issue is their hostility, not Cala’s gender. (Hell, I’d get it on with her, male or female, unless she was ugly or had huge boobs/dick, but that’s another topic)

Nah, we listened CC- that’s why we’re not discussing the picture anymore.

As a mod, I’m allowed to have my own opinions too- it’s never stated in the rules that I’m not.

Your opinion is one thing; your hostility was quite another. The fact that you’re not ashamed of it is preety disgusting. Dai did admit his wording could have been a lot better, I’ll give him that.

Well I’m sorry you find my comments disgusting then.

I’m also hoping this is just a little spit and won’t turn us to enemies. I realize I’m not acting like my usually self and am a lot more pissy now.

Aaaand thanks to Jinharn, it looks like we’re done :stuck_out_tongue:

X, Op’s get pissed to, and get hostile… The diffrence is you can get banned if you let your tounge wag, who would ban an OP ?

But are you sorry you acted that irresponsibly in the first place?

nate: Well, that’s kinda what I meant.