And more stupid lawsuits...

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030512/ap_on_fe_st/oreo_suit_1

And Hungry Man meals are still being sold?

Barring children from eating Oreos…? WHAT EVIL AND SADISTIC PERSON SEEKS TO BAN COOKIES? :enguard:

Well, I suppose it IS a problem that they don’t mention the trans fats. A big issue would be solved if they just did that. Probably isn’t the most intellectual lawsuit ever, but Nabisco didn’t help things by ignoring standards or regulations (if Nabisco was subject to them).

Originally posted by Trillian
Barring children from eating Oreos…? WHAT EVIL AND SADISTIC PERSON SEEKS TO BAN COOKIES? :enguard:

Totally agaree.

They may not be super health food or health food for that matter, but cookies, barring kids from cookies is like something I can’t make a good simile to at the moment, but it’s just wrong and evil.

Well that’s a new one.

The problem is, you’ll probably end up eating it anyway. And Oreos arent’ that bad. I advocate shooting the lawyer for trying to ban a damn good cookie.

Mainly it’s just against Nabisco, but be serious here.

I am not a medical professional, but from my observing my own surroundings, (and you can as well) I can draw these conclusions.

Trans fat is no more harmful than breathing poluted air, or not washing our hands before eating. Children have been eating Oreos and crackers ever since they came out, but what has happened to the average life expectancy since Trans fat came out? All studies show that life expectancy has increased by several years. So trans fat obviously doesn’t play much of a role. My grand mother is still very healthy, and she has eaten oreos all her life.

This is simply a liberal lawyers bid for publicity and money. He does it under the guise of helping the common people, but we all know who gets to collect when this is all done. I sure hope he looses. Such a notion is idiotic and absurd.

For the love, who would take cookies away from children?

Eh. Time to go eat half a pack of oreos. In your face trans fat!

Originally posted by Thomas Paxton
[b]I am not a medical professional, but from my observing my own surroundings, (and you can as well) I can draw these conclusions.

Trans fat is no more harmful than breathing poluted air, or not washing our hands before eating. Children have been eating Oreos and crackers ever since they came out, but what has happened to the average life expectancy since Trans fat came out? All studies show that life expectancy has increased by several years. So trans fat obviously doesn’t play much of a role. My grand mother is still very healthy, and she has eaten oreos all her life.

This is simply a liberal lawyers bid for publicity and money. He does it under the guise of helping the common people, but we all know who gets to collect when this is all done. I sure hope he looses. Such a notion is idiotic and absurd.

For the love, who would take cookies away from children?

Eh. Time to go eat half a pack of oreos. In your face trans fat! [/b]

Wow, both Sin and SK have their fair share with that post.

that’s all bull shit, including the crap about trans fats and LDLs. You make many more times the cholesterole you consume every day. People with cholesterole issues need to take drugs as well as not eat ultra fat food 24/7 to fix their problem.

I think its laughable they didn’t explain what trans fats were, neither the issue which they posed. The only problem here is people not knowing what the hell they’re getting into and trying to take advantage of the ignorance of other people.

Paxton, thank you. I wouldn’t say its the liberals, you have as much proof in making that stereotype as they do in making blanket statements on fats.

I wouldn’t blame “liberal lawyers,” but yeah. This whole thing is stupid. Just another thing for one asshole and his lawyer to make money. Man, if I was a lawyer, I’d NEVER take a case like this. -_-

Yeah, but Roun, that’d make the system work, and we both know that we can’t have that, can we?

I’m more surprised that they’re really even running a story on this. Is it a slow news day or something?

Serioulsy slow news day if thats all they could come up with, the lawyer does not have a leg to stand on, he obviously has no idea about any of that stuff!

That lawyer IS evil! :eek:

I swear, if (by some small chance) they ban oreos, I will have to do something. I’d probably start the first illegal cookie ring in the southwest! :o

And Oreos will become the crack of the future…

So you CAN sue everything.

Originally posted by Valkyrie Esker
[b]That lawyer IS evil! :eek:

I swear, if (by some small chance) they ban oreos, I will have to do something. I’d probably start the first illegal cookie ring in the southwest! :o [/b]

not if i beat you to it…i’m from the southwest.

Yeah, I was wondering when someone was going to make a thread on this, then someone else would chime in with goofy generalizations. Anyway, this guy isn’t going to win, so I don’t see what the problem is.

This is why I hate humanity, and america. Why don’t I got sue myself honestly, because cases like these, it seems it can be done…

I know enough to know that the lawyer does have a point. however, this is still a bit ridiculous. If he wins, the most hell get is some labeling, since 40% of foods contain the stuff anyways, these days. There not going to ban cookies, that would be stupid to even try. Though Nabisco does have a bad habit of being the unhealthiest of junk foods, its still junk food. We KNOW cookies are bad for us, duh. (But theyre yummy, so who cares)

Oooh, I want in on the black market cookies! :smiley: