An important announcement for all of RPGC.

Well it is sad in a way I suppose.

Uriel…Uriel, is he the one that once had Picard as an avvie once?

Uriel’s the one who gave us such computer gems of wisdom as “Light colors load faster.”

REPENT, YE SINNERS! ARMAGEDDON IS UPON US! BRIGHT, SPARKLY ARMAGEDDON!

is crushed by a falling meteor

Light or dark colours may, in fact, affect the loading speed by a few nanoseconds.

Browsers load a code from a webpage indicating background colour of six digits. A white page is pre-loaded with instruction #FFFFFF as the background colour property. However, a page <i>may or may not</i> have to reload the page if the background colour is already set at the default, or forcibly set to white. I believe the browser has to load another set of instructions anyway, in which case the difference between light and dark colours grows even more minute, but if the browser does not have to load another background colour code and simply uses the one already loaded before the page was accessed, then a few more nanoseconds are saved. This whole reasoning is based, by the way, on that the browser loads colour in a systematic and progressive manner going from 0 to F for each digit, making black load the fastest and white the slowest (search 1 time instead of search 16 times). If anyone knows how these things really work tell me :stuck_out_tongue:

No, I’m pretty sure that was Urkani. Uriel was this really irritating guy who had to remind he was gay about every ten minutes. He also rarely added anything to conversation but would try to post in every thread on the first page. I would go on about stupid comments he has made and his website, but it’s already been said in this thread.

Well, I had the first two letters right.

Does anyone remember the posts he made in the thread about these schoolgirls gangbeating a flasher?

I do!

Yeah that was me with the Picard avatar. PICARD COMMANDS YOU TO BURN!

I will eat your children!

I don’t, which is probably just as well.