Amazing what one can do when one's pissed off.

I just ran a mile in four minutes. Of course, now I feel like shit, but I don’t care, really.

After a particularly heated argument with my father- ending with him declaring he wished I would just get the fuck out of his life and going off for a drive to clear his thoughts- I just put on my sneakers, walked out the front door, and ran like hell.

I’d rather not say what the fight was about, but suffice to say, I still hate him. I know I shouldn’t, that he has tried to be a good father, but I still gert the feelign that soemday, I’m gonna go out, buy a gun, and shoot him in the fucking face.

So yeah, just thought I’d post this, And give people a chance to tell me what a petty idiot I am, hating him for giving a shit about me.

Can’t hate you or say that you’re petty idiot without knowing ore about your relation with your father. I remember your story about him saving you from flames when you were a baby, and the way you talked about it makes me think you used to get along well. So something happened, maybe he’s changed for worse, and now you don’t like him anymore… But at least you could remember how good he was someday and forgive him. If you don’t want to reconciliate and restart things, you could just forget him instead of feeding violent thougts.

That’s really impressive, considering I’ve known hardcore runners that would run a hell of alot of miles a day as well as exercises to increase their speed, and they would get like 4:30 miles at best. And these are the guys. The hardcore women runners would get 5 minute miles at best. Really, since you’ve never stated that you were on a team or anything, that’s pretty impressive for a casual runner (I’m assuming casual since I don’t recall you ever stating you were on the Track or Cross Country teams). Really, if you could run that, you should pursue a career in running.

Well, sometimes my family really gets on my nerves, and bickering isn’t unusual. If I could, I’d get out this instant and never return. Some of the things they’ve said to me over the years really managed to get me furious, and right now, I find it impossible for me to show my feelings.
My trust in them is also at an all-time low.
One of the things that annoys me is my father’s taste for obscene language, and the way he keeps accusing me of being disrespectful, while he never gives a damn about his language and doesn’t care if he’s bothering other people.
He loves provoking my younger sister all the time, and they keep bickering all day. Meal times are rather annoying because of that.
My mother is usually more civilized, but she yells a lot, and that drives me crazy.

To be honest, I feel rather detached from my parents, and I want to be free as soon as possible. I don’t feel the same way I used to, at least towards them. They usually seem unfair and bothersome in my eyes.

My usual solution is finding something to vent, usually a computer game with lots of action. I also go cycling when I’m in the mood.
Maybe you can withstand the situation a little better if you find something that will help you put that rage to good use.

Ren, just a note: I’m a fucking liar. If it makes a good story, I’ll tell it. The fire thing never happened, I just did it to amuse you who are ignorant of what I really am.

984, is that sarcasm in ther or something? Either way, i really don’t care now. Since I doubt I could ever do that well again with a clear mind.

Manus, it’s never good when I vent. People get hurt.

Manus, Just because people mistreat you does not mean you should reciprocate that. When you go out, other people will be just like your father - they will ask a lot of good attitude from you, but won’t treat you any better too. We have a saying that would go like this in English: “that the world asks of me is not what the world gives me”. Sadly, we have to live with that.

You could just treat other people as you would like them to treat you, and see it as means of self-development.

You could try what I do to vent: Hit pillows and swear a lot.

Wow, that’s really fast. :hyperven: I doubt even any of my school’s track/cc runners could even do that. Anger has helped me quite a bit in football too… It’s crazy, when I get pissed off or something because of the coach yelling at me when I did the right thing, I don’t even feel the guy in front of me when I hit him, I just know he’s on his ass the quarterback’s gonna be down too.
EDIT: Oh, it might not be the quarterback, but the boneback/eyeback/fullback too.

Well, here’s a little list of suggestions for venting without huring anyone. They seem to work for me:

1- Lock yourself in a bathroom and roar, scream and curse until you’re feeling better.

2- Find something to punch, preferrably a pillow.

3- If you have a bike, find a good place and start pedaling like there’s no tommorow, until your legs hurt or you get exausthed.

4- Imagine yourself beating the heck out of someone.

Or deal with the problem that’s causing your stress. Distractions don’t solve anything.

I’m not gonna say anything nasty. I had an amazing relationship with my father, he was amazing. I wish everyone could have a dad that was like mine…

But he died when I was 12 (trust me, this isn’t just me thinking he was greater than he was because he’s dead-- even when he was alive I reconginized how amazing he was).

So whatever, if you feel like talking to someone old and… well… just old, I guess, PM me, I’ll give you IM name…

~Stephanie

Originally posted by Ren
Or deal with the problem that’s causing your stress. Distractions don’t solve anything.

Well, at least they help with the rage.
Sometimes, a radical decision, like leaving, will probably be a good long-term solution. However, someone who wants to do that will have to gather the means to live independently.
In the meantime, finding a way of venting is good, because that way, one will have a clearer mind and will be able to think rationally.

Val, if I remember well, your brother and your father don’t live with you. If that’s not another lie, either you visited him or he visited you. I don’t mean to get into personal things so I am not going to ask you about it and other things that came after. If you visited him, it was for a reason. I think it’s unlikely, so I supposed he went to your place. You didn’t have to stay there - you could simply have went for that run the same moment he stepped in. If he annoys you so much, you could get far from him instead of getting into stressful arguments.

Originally posted by Manus Dei
Well, at least they help with the rage.
Sometimes, a radical decision, like leaving, will probably be a good long-term solution. However, someone who wants to do that will have to gather the means to live independently.
In the meantime, finding a way of venting is good, because that way, one will have a clearer mind and will be able to think rationally.

It is far too harsh a thing to do, and things may not be so good as they seem after you start lving by yourself. And venting does not clear your mind, it just takes a weight from it for some time. I don’t mean that venting is bad - it’s actually necessary in most cases, but it is not a solution.

I agree that leaving permanently is harsh, but sometimes it may be the only way left.
Val, as Ren said, if he bothers you that much, then you should stay away from him.

My solution for anger: write fanfiction. That’s why my stuff’s at it’s best when I’m pissed at the world.

But still…damn, that’s a long run. I hope it helped.

I just ran a mile in four minutes. Of course, now I feel like shit, but I don’t care, really.

Dang. Speedy Val Gonzales.

Maratonist performance. She must be real slim too to run like that.

Play Halo when you get pissed off like I do. Trust me. FPS games relieve stress.

I don’t want to sound negitive or anything, but when people get really, really pissed, their mind tends to streach a bit. Not saying you’re lying, but it’s a possibility that you blanked out for a bit.

A four minute mile, eh? Excuse me if I’m skeptical but if you were really that pissed, I don’t think you would have made an effort to note exactly when you started, and I also question that it was a full mile; did you go measure, or just assume?

Of course, exercise is a great way to relieve stress. Better than punching a hole in a wall, or somebody’s face.