Ah dammit...

No thanks to either a prank call or a threat, I’m still awake. Between 11 o’clock and 11: 30 I got a call. Damn teenagers…:fungah:

Have you ever recieved a call about that time telling you were gonna die?

Go to sleep.

Originally posted by Chris-chris
[b]No thanks to either a prank call or a threat, I’m still awake. Between 11 o’clock and 11: 30 I got a call. Damn teenagers…:fungah:

Have you ever recieved a call about that time telling you were gonna die? [/b]

Not at that time, no. They usually call me during dinner.

If people are calling you and threatening your life, I think you have some social issues that you need to be resolved.

And to answer your question, no, I haven’t. My family has always screened our calls tremendously. Even when we started to really answer the phone all the time, we never got prank phone calls.

No calls, no. They dont dare to do that. But why, the hate mails are so creative sometimes. They even sent me stuff. I :moogle: Accroding to them I am gonna die… or should have died like 50 times already :smiley: Kewl, isnt it? It’s my best proof that I’m immortal. ^^

we don’t have to worry about that in the netherlands… another reason why our country is the best in the world
all we do is smoke dope and smile… (stereotypical? duh)

You could always do that *69 thing to get their phone number, then use a website where you can put in a phone number and get someones address (I think anywho.com is one of those sites) then go to their house and put a death threat on the door.

Or… if your really getting deaththreats call the cops give them the address and have them pay the person pranking you a little visit.

Either one turns out pretty fun.

Originally posted by Daemoness
[b]You could always do that *69 thing to get their phone number, then use a website where you can put in a phone number and get someones address (I think anywho.com is one of those sites) then go to their house and put a death threat on the door.

Or… if your really getting deaththreats call the cops give them the address and have them pay the person pranking you a little visit.

Either one turns out pretty fun. [/b]

You are an evil, evil woman. I like you.

Well, I’m gonna kill my brother. He gives our number to almost every student in the school. so if you read in the paper, Teenage girl killed her brother, you’ll know it’s only chris-chris. :stuck_out_tongue:

People who want to REALLY kill you hardly ever call to give warning about it, CC. This is more likely some idiot’s prank. Follow Daemoness’ advice if you can. Also, tell the person (if he or she calls again) that just making threats IS a crime, and that you CAN sue them for doing it. That should scare them into leaving you alone. (Also tell them that you’re recording the call, even if it isn’t true. )
In any case, unless you have actual reason to fear for your life, don’t let this get to you.
And yeah, get your brother to stop giving your family’s number around, that’s NOT a good idea.

Never got one saying I was gonna die… but one time, two of the girls around here got a call from the payphone at the gas station, from some guy who sounded like 40. He told them he watches them around, mentioned some things about their personal lives, then kept saying how pretty they were.

He called me after the others. Started saying how pretty I was, then said, “I know what you want.” “What do I want, then?” “You want to suck my 9 inch cock!” I nearly pissed myself laughing. I was like WTFFF and he kept going on like that, and when I asked if my buddy Dillon had put him up it it he said “Her? No… but I fucked her last weekend. She was goooood.” We called him a stupid asshole and hung up. He called again a minute later, and one of the other girls here answered and said “Go the hell away. We do not want to talk to you, and you do not have a 9” dick." He didn’t call back after that. We called the cops the next day XD

Three years ago a guy called me and started threatning me saying stuff like “if you don’t pay me a thousand bucks, I 'm going to kill you.” I just told him to fuck off and went to my comp. I had ISDN (or IDSN, whatever. A kind of digital line) and the computer was connected to all the phones in my apartment, so I got his number. I did a quick address search on the local online telephone list. So I gave him a call back and said something that went like this:

“I know where you live [said his address], I know your full name, I even know the numbers of your ID card [cheap and unbeliavable lies, but he fell for them XD Just wait for the next one]. You commited the mistake of messing up with a federal policeman [by now I could hear him breathing loud and in terror, lol]. I cannot put you behind bars now because I didn’t record that call you gave me, but I promise you, you vermin, that if you ever threat me again, or if you threat someone I know, or heck, if I ever see you in my department… Instead of sending you to prison, I WILL HAVE YOU EXECUTED!”

Never got a call from him again, and nobody’s ever tried to kill me.

Originally posted by |Damage|
we don’t have to worry about that in the netherlands… another reason why our country is the best in the world
all we do is smoke dope and smile… (stereotypical? duh)

And prositutes. Dont forget them, I hear it’s a popular occupation in little wooden shoe country :wink:

Anyways, yeah prank phone calls can be fun and they can be scary. My mom got an obscene phonecall once and the guy didn’t even know he had the wrong number. He proceeded to ask seductively how she was, who she was with…what she was wearing…until she realized what was happening and threatened to call the cops. Laughed my ass off over that one.

Caller Id, I don’t answer the phone if I don’t recognize the name. Needless to say my family hasn’t had any prank calls, just bill collectors that don’t get that we’ve paid already.

Originally posted by Ren
[b]Three years ago a guy called me and started threatning me saying stuff like “if you don’t pay me a thousand bucks, I 'm going to kill you.” I just told him to fuck off and went to my comp. I had ISDN (or IDSN, whatever. A kind of digital line) and the computer was connected to all the phones in my apartment, so I got his number. I did a quick address search on the local online telephone list. So I gave him a call back and said something that went like this:

“I know where you live [said his address], I know your full name, I even know the numbers of your ID card [cheap and unbeliavable lies, but he fell for them XD Just wait for the next one]. You commited the mistake of messing up with a federal policeman [by now I could hear him breathing loud and in terror, lol]. I cannot put you behind bars now because I didn’t record that call you gave me, but I promise you, you vermin, that if you ever threat me again, or if you threat someone I know, or heck, if I ever see you in my department… Instead of sending you to prison, I WILL HAVE YOU EXECUTED!”

Never got a call from him again, and nobody’s ever tried to kill me. [/b]

ph33rz Ren

I also think that you should just ignore them and call the police when people prank call like that…

I’ve never recieved prank calls like that, the closest was that my friends idiotic cousin was banging on my balcony (I live on the bottom floor) at around 2 in the morning…
“He thought it was funny as hell.”

You are my new god Ren.

Good job all of you who paid the morons back. I’ve gotten prank calls of the idiotic sort, but not any threats. You really should see if you can bring it to the police if it happens again, CC, nobody has the right to do that to you or anybody else.

The funniest phone adventure in our family was when the phone rang at one o’clock in the morning. Of course we all woke up and dad bolted out of bed and snatched the phone, according to mum looking like he was a soldier hear “AAAATTENTION!!”. Of course, that was since when somebody calls at that time, we’re all ready to dash to the hospital to whichever relative is mortally wounded or dying naturally :stuck_out_tongue:
Silence… silence… thoughts starting to go at hyperspeed with worries. Then suddenly, dad’s voice:
“Well kiss your arse, bloody idiot.” (can’t translate it better than that, sadly.) click
Whereupon dad promptly fell back in bed and snored peacefully ten seconds later, while mum, Jing and me laid in our beds giggling like crazy and wondering what the heck had happened.

In the morning, dad explained that the caller had been some man who had screamed “If you don’t shut up up there I’ll call the police!”
Thing is, we live in a villa, so there’s no one below us. And according to the number presentator, the call had come from a town several hours away.

I’ve only gotten a PRank Call once.
They called and apperently ran away from the phone or something.

But you go to bed at 11?
Damn, I ususally stay up till 12 (2-5 on weekends)

I frequently get calls from someone pretending to be a member of the IRA, threateneing to blow my car up. :thud:

Joke’s on him #1- I don’t even have a car.
Joke’s on him #2- I know exactly who it is. It’s the person who sits 6 feet to my right each day at work.
Joke’s on him #3- I know where he lives. :mwahaha:

If someone calls you with a death threat, and you don’t know who it is, there’s a chance they don’t know who you are either. Hand the phone to your parents and have them “pull a Ren” on them (:cool: for that story, it’s the best one I’ve heard by miles).