Ah dammit...

Originally posted by Nebagram
Someone pretending to be a member of the IRA, threateneing to blow my car up. :thud:

~_~ No offence meant, but do you or him really know who the IRA are? They are the Irish Rebulican Army, not a bunch of terrorists, you could say that we have the ERA the English Republican army… Why does everyone think they’re terrorists?

I got this one call on my mobile from a guy saying he would “break my legs and fuck my ass”, (no joke he really said that) I told my dad and his answer was to ring him every five minutes pretending to be a angry customer enraged at a fast food place :hahaha; I kept ringing up and shouting down the phone “WHERE’s MY CURRY!!!”
Never rang again :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Dominic Deegan
~_~ No offence meant, but do you or him really know who the IRA are? They are the Irish Rebulican Army, not a bunch of terrorists, you could say that we have the ERA the English Republican army… Why does everyone think they’re terrorists?

I’m not the one saying it- I think he’s been saying it for so long now the actual facts behind it have melted into insignificance.

It did produce a funny incident, though, when we decided to play our own prank on him- I had my mate ring me over and over, pretending to be a prank caller. Eventually, “IRA boy” decides he’s going to play a prank call of his own. I give him the number, he dials it, and prepares to launch into his routine.

The catch?

I gave him New Scotland Yard’s number. :mwahaha:

I gave him New Scotland Yard’s number.

Ouch that’s some good revenge, and I have to congratulate you on your thinking there. I take it he never prank phone called you again after that.

Lots of times. Emails too.
If anyone wants to kill me, let them. I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t notice any difference, while I am pretty sure they would.

And the Irish Republican Army are both freedom fighters and terrorists. It all depends on the point of view.

Thanks. But oh well. It’ll be me oing the hunting instead of the police. :mwahaha:

ANyways, we usually don’t get prank calls cause my dad is strict about how many people we give our phone number too.

PLus, I don’t get to sleep til 1’. I go to bed at 11. I don’t fall asleep til 1 though. :stuck_out_tongue:

All prank calls my house has ever gotten have been solved by a hearty dose of airhorn into the receiver.

Originally posted by Nulani
And the Irish Republican Army are both freedom fighters and terrorists. It all depends on the point of view.

And yet I thought my previous post explained this -_-
the IRA are not terrorists from any perspective.

Originally posted by the tiscali.co.uk page on the IRA
IRA splinter groups
In 1969 the IRA split into two wings, one official and the other provisional. The official wing sought reunification by political means, while the Provisional IRA, or Provos as they became known, carried on with terrorist activities, their objective being the expulsion of the British from Northern Ireland.

So as you can see the IRA are not terrorists. Besides, the British shuoldn’t be in there anyway, stay in they’re own country they should.

Originally posted by RoguePaladinTrian
All prank calls my house has ever gotten have been solved by a hearty dose of airhorn into the receiver.

ph33rs

Originally posted by Dominic Deegan
[b]And yet I thought my previous post explained this -_-
the IRA are not terrorists from any perspective.

So as you can see the IRA are not terrorists. Besides, the British shuoldn’t be in there anyway, stay in they’re own country they should. [/b]

Yes they are, they are terrorists in the point of view of the Protestants. At least the ones that feel threathened by them. And fine I’m refering to the Provisional IRA and the IRA of the past. I could also refer to the Royal British Army, or the Unionists.

My point is, that very little seperate freedom fighters from terrorists. And both wage the same thing, assymetric warfare. In many cases the only thing that seperates them is the onlooker’s point of view.

Well, as stated there is a difference between the IRA and the Provisional. It just gets annoying when the IRA are mistaken for the Provisional, your average Irishman isn’t a terrorist.