A Zelda fic... let's hope it's better than my other one's ^^;

Hmm. I’d write it if I was any decent with this type of story which I probably am but I’ve nver written anything like it before. Unless you count that school spies story I gave up on after the first chapter.

well, something popping in my head so… maybe I’ll have chapter six up on Monday.

some of you were wondering why link has so easilyt accepted the fierce diety. I think the reason is that link has had about seven years to deal with it, and maybe fierce diety already controls too much of link for link to fight him. And the pillars of lake hyrule were just broken by time, and Zelda had them reconstructed. but good story cc. just a few spelling mistakes. but fun.

I think I’ll have it up soon…

Maybe I’ll get microsoft words just for you guys. :hahaha;

Don’t worry, write it when you want to write it…

I think something is popping in this little brain of mine…

though I don’t think anybody wants to know what goes on in my head… >.> :hahaha; :get it?: :kissy:

WOW! I wrote something! O_O

Why is it I can only write when I’m depressed? ;_;

~Chapter Six~

Link smiled at the sight of the forest village. Zelda stood next to him and smiled. She had brought him to his childhood homeland, the place were he grew up at. Kokori forest. The forest had changed a lot. The houses use to be nothing but large tree stumps craved in to make a tree house on the ground. But now, larger trees had grown and the small, cabin like houses were built around the trees near the canopy area. Many bridges circled around the trees and houses. On the forest floor, was smaller houses like the ones Link remembered. Spirits and tiny faires still flew about the land, still in many. When you would walk up to one it would disappear.

The dark hero smiled happily as he looked about the place. Memories of his friends flowed in and out of his head. He then remembered the Great Deku Tree. The Great Deku Tree is the guardian of the kokri children. He has watched over them since the goddess gave them life. Though, the children never grow up. Without a word, Link took off running, leaving the fair queen to herself.

“Link!” Zelda yelled out for him. But it was too late, all she could see of him was his dark violet cape fluttering behind him.

~*~

Link hopped across the small creek near the entrance to the Great Deku tree. His mind flashed with many thoughts and questions he had for many years. The hero ran through the tunnel scaring a few spirits as he rushed when he came to an opening in front of a large oak tree. The bark was very dark brown forming almost a face. It’s greenish-brown leaves swayed gently with his branches as the wind blew, a few falling to the ground. The area around the great deku tree was lush green, a few spots of soil was seen. Everything was as it was when he left, all but the puddles of clear water around the gaint tree. Large roots stuck up from the ground. Link looked up at the face in the tree, it seemed young yet wise.
'Of course he’d be young… I had to break the cruse Ganondrof put on him and he was reborned after I released the forest sage." Link thought to himself. Indeed seven years ago was the original Great Deku tree crused by the Evil King, Ganondrof. Link had to break the cruse when he was a boy who first started his journey to save Hyrule. After breaking the curse, however, the Deku Tree had died. When Link became the Hero of Time, he had to release the forest sage in the Forest Temple. When he did so, a seedling Deku Tree grew. Now, after another seven years, the once small young plant had grown huge!

“Who dares distrubes me?” a large, booming voice yelled.

“Erm… it is I, Link.” Link stuttered.

“Link?” the voice replied. The tree began to form it’s face. A set of brown, big lips formed floowed by a huge flat nose and heavy bark eyebrows. “Is it really thee Link?” the lips moved.

“Uh yeah… it’s me… in a way… I think.” Link grinned and blinked a few times.

“Hmm… it is you, but what is this other presences I sense?” The Great Deku Tree spoke.

“Erm… no one… it is only I.” Link sweatdropped. Friece Deity grumbled in his head.

~Why the hell are you keeping me so secretive?! You know just as well as I do that they’ll learn of me someday!~ Fierce Deity yelled in Links mind.

'I know but that’s someday, not today.’ Link replied- sarcastily.

“Hm… okay. How art thou Link?” the great tree spoke.

“Thy is good, O Great one. I could not, however, find my tiny fairy friend, Navi.” Link said with a bit of saddness. Sure the brat fairy got on his nerves and yelled in his ear a lot. But Navi still was his friend and he wouldn’t had made it if it wasn’t for her.

“Hm… ye look far and wide, yes?”

“Yes, I did… I searched in many different worlds and times. My journey has been long and tiresom. Though I met new people and made new friends I could not find her.” the hero told him.

“I see.” though his face was hard to see emotions, Link could tell the Great Deku Tree was sad.

“Do you have any idea where she could be, O great one?” the hero questioned.

“No… I am sorry.” the tree answered sadly. Link sighed and his head dropped. His heart sank of any hopes in finding Navi.

“Link!” Zelda yelled as she ran up behind him. Link turned to face her.

“Oh… sorry I left you Zel… had to ask the great Deku Tree some questions.” Link apologised to her. She stop, sighed and relaxed.

“It is okay. O Great One, how are you?” Zelda bowed to the Deku Tree.

“A bit sleepy young one but I am good.” he replied.

“That is good to hear. Is Saria anywhere?” Zelda asked politly.

“Hm… she is in the Temple of Time I believe…” The Deku Tree told them.

“Oh…” Link said with disappointment.

“Link, Why don’t we head back to the castle? We might see her in the temple on our way there.” the princess offered. “We’ll finish the tour later.”

“Sure. Well, it was great to see you again Deku tree.” Link smiled a little.

“Yes it was a pleasure to see you again, Link.” the great Deku Tree replied. He watched as Zelda and Link waked out of the clearing. “Hmm… something seems different of our hero…” he spoke aloud to himself.

Zelda and Link left the forest and went into the field.

~*~

Link and Zelda rode their horses back to the town. The market area was rebuilt and new people moved in. Many custmer stands stood open. One stand had fuirts and vegetables selling at a low and cheap price. Others held junk that wasn’t of any value to Link. The area was crowed and people pushed each other around. But when Zelda and Link walked by them the stepped aside for their queen and bowed. The hero looked around at all the buildings with curiousity. They had reopened the bombchu store and Bazzards weapon store. But a particular store caught his eye. The Happy Mask Shop.

“Hey Zel, can we stop by the Happy mask shop real quick?” Link asked Zelda.

“Yes, sure.” Zelda nodded. The two walked into the building. A chippy, hoppy type music could be heard as they walked through the small store. Link looked around. The store was small and dark, a candle and a lamp stood on the counter where one would pay for what they buy. Many book cases with glasses doors stood against the walls, each containing masks from many different lands. Some were colorful, others were dark and scary. Some, Link recongized from his journey in Termaina. One was his all time favorite, the Bunny Hood. The Bunny hood could increase ones speed making them faster than normal. The hero used this mask more than others because of how time was so short when he had to save Temaina. In that land, the moon was going to fall within three days because of Majoria’s Mask, an evil mask from ancient times. Skull Kid had stole it from the very same mask sells men and was maniuplated by it’s evil spell. So, Link just had to get mixed up in it all. In three days, using the Ocarnia of Time and by the help of a new fairy, Tatle, he was able to save Termina.

One mask caught his eye though. Majoria’s Mask. The very same one that tried to destroy Tremina. It was red and had yellow possive eyes. Spikes stuck out from it’s edges. The mask was in a glass casing near the counter top with a golden slap engraved with “The Majoria’s Mask”. A displeasing grin grew across Links face as he stared at it.

But, Zelda’s hand brought him back to reality. She touched his shoulder as she stared happily at the Couples mask. It was silver with heart shapes, shining every so brightly in the candle light. Link smiled. Zelda had a very happy and so childish smile on her face it made him smile.

“You like this mask?” Link asked softly.

“Yes… what does it resymbol?” Zelda asked.

“It is a symbol for true lovers, joining together in marriage.” Link explained.

“Um Link… do you ever plan to get married?” Zelda asked sheepishly. Her cheeks turning a slight pink. Link smiled.

“If I ever find the right woman who will accept me for who I am, I do.” Link answered. Zelda’s smile grew into a shyish grin.

“Excuse me sir, ma’am… but may I help you find anything?” came a high ptched voice from behind. Link and Zelda turned to see a man wearing a deep violet robe with green short pants that went to his knees. A greedy smile stretched across his freckled face. Short, red hair could be seen very little from underneigth his flat top small purple hat. The man was very skinny for his age (which was in his late forties) and paled skined.

Link had encountered the Happy Masks Salesman many times in Termina when he adventured there. The man had found the Majoria’s Mask mask before Skull kid had stole it from him. The lone child took the mask, put it on and became addicted to it’s evil powers. Skull kid soon became under the masks spell. The Happy Masks salesman met Link in the Clock Tower of Clock Town in Termaina. He made a deal with Link that if he brought back his mask that he would release the curse that Skull Kid had put upon him. So to say, Link got his orcarnia that was stolen as well and traveled back in time. When he met up with the salesman, he forgot to get Majoria’s mask.

But Link made up for that mistake and freed the four gods of the temples. Odolwa of Southern Swamp, Goht of the northern moutains, Gyorg of Great Bay and Twin Mold of the eastern canyon. Each was their own respective God to the Terminan people. All four helped Link once he freed them so he could stop the moon from falling. After the long battle against Majoria’s mask, Link managed to get the mask back and gave it to this mask salesman.

Link grined a little at the man. “No, we’re just looking around.” he said. The hero locked his arm with Zelda’s. The princess giggled and held onto is arm softly as they glided back to the door.

And he SLLLLLIDES into home!!!

ahem Sorry I’m late, CC, but I managed to post my latest comments RIGHT BEFORE your story slipped into oblivion!! (the next page, that is.)

Anyway, here’s my review of your latest chapter:

Honestly, I feel this is your best work yet, Chrissy. First of all, you described everything VERY well; I particularly enjoyed the description of the new Deku Tree. Even better, you gave a very nice summing-up of the events in the old Link games, which helps people like me who haven’t played them to visualize things (tho’ I DO remember the Great Deku Tree from one of the Zelda games I did play! :slight_smile: The conversation between Link and it, and between Link and Zelda, comes across as natural, not forced. It makes the reading more enjoyable.

There is only ONE problem, and you know what it is: the typos! Sorry, C, but they do feel like an interruption to the flow of the story. Not a BIG deal, but they ruin what is otherwise a nice little story. Try to catch them BEFORE posting. If you still don’t have a spellchecker, have a friend proofread it for you (I know for a fact that we writers are our own worst proofreaders- happens to me all the time! :fungah: )

Again, great work, and thank you for sharing it with us. Please continue!

THANK YOU WILL!!! You have no idea how happy that made me… I will ask mum about getting a program for a spellchecker and maybe a friend of mine will help. Weiila, if you’re not so busy could you help a little? Only when you want to… :moogle:

But… I need some kind of an inspiration… any one got suggestions?

Well, I really can’t suggest anything without knowing what you’ve planned, but, here’s some things I’d like to see;

*The revelation of just WHO Fierce Deity is;

*The resolution of THAT plotline (I mean, Link can’t keep FD inside forver, right?)

• Let’s not forget the assassin that Link defeated; who sent him, and why?

• And, let’s see Link and Zelda FINALLY admit their love!! (but, not until after a good adventure! ; )

Hope that helps!

Oh, and it’s WIL. One L.
(yeah, like I care. :hahaha; )

Thanks Wil. :hahaha; I’ll get your name right the next time. :stuck_out_tongue:

But I’ll come up with something hopefully soon…

Try not to worry, although I’m worry too much anyway. Don’t rush things as well.

OKay… Went back and edited and added the last of chapter six people… I’ll go back and look for more spelling mistakes so that way it’s less painful to read. ^_^; :hahaha;

good job cc. But what I really want to see in the conclusion of the relation ship with Mila and Link. You’ve kinda seemed to have driffted away from the maid’s thoughts, when I thought she may have become a main character with it. Strill could happen, but I’ve not seen it. But good job. I should work on my story sometime.

~Chapter Seven~

Link and Zelda left the Happy Mask shop and walked toward the Temple of Time garden. The grass was cut freshly and the flowerbeds were watered. Many beautiful and great smelling roses bloomed across the garden. Two long and shallow fountains filled with clear blue water laid on both ends of the atrium. A straight path of stones led to the Temple’s main doors.

The temple itself was a beautiful sight. The gray stones made up the body of the building. The structure was a gothic kind of look with pointy roofs on each tower. The two doors were made of strong wood. Cravings of heros, gods and goddesses were engraved into the wood.

Link pushed on one of the handles and the door opened. He and Zelda walked in to bright light. The temple hadn’t changed much. The marble flooring had been polished earlier that morning by the looks of it and so had the black alter that stood in front of the huge stone doors. The hero walked on the red carpet leading stright to the pedistol of time. He stared down at the black marble slab and sighed. Not to long ago it seemed did he place the Goron’s Ruby, the Zaro’s Sapphire, and the Kokari Emerald on this. Doing so, had changed his life forever.

Zelda smiled as she looked at his face. His expression changed to a soft and bright look. “Come on… Let’s go see Saria.” she said to him. Link smiled and nodded his head.

“Right.”

The two walked to the Door of Time. Zelda placed her hand on the door and smiled. “We can talk to Saria through her song, can’t we?” she asked Link.

“Uh… oh yeah. I totally forgot about her song…” Link replied. He scratched the back of his neck and reached inside a little bag. Link pulled out a bright blue orcarnia with the Triforce symbol on it. The dark hero smiled weakly. “Heh… I, uh. Forgot to give this to you Zel. Sorry.” Link apologised.

“No, it’s alright. Just give her a quick call then you can give it back to me.” Zelda smiled. Link only nodded and brought the mouthpeice to his lips and placed his fingers on the holes of the small instrument. He blew in. The sound of cheery and merry notes came out as he played Saria’s Song. When he was finished, he wiped it with a small cloth and gave it to Zelda.

After playing the song, they waited. About a second later, a voice out of no where said, “Hello? Link?”

Link smiled. The childish and happy voice of Saira made him happy. “Hey Saria.”

“It is you Link! Oh it’s so good to hear from you again! How long has it been? Seven- Eight years? Oh no matter, it’s good to have you back!” Saria said. Link chuckled.

“It’s good to be back.” he replied. “Zelda is here with me, so say hello to her.”

“Hello Zelda.” said Saria.

“Hello.” Zelda smiled.

“Whatcha up to?” Link asked.

“Nothing really… just checking a few things back here in the Sacred Realm.” she told them.

“Ah…” the hero nodded his head. “Like what?” Link asked.

“Oh, well I wanted to make sure that the spirits of the forest temple were alright. Though I could have gone to the temple itself but I wanted to double check things back here at the sacred realm.” Saria told him.

“Oh.” Link nodded his head.

“What have you been up to these past seven years Link?” the kokori asked him.

“I’ve been traveling around looking for Navi. Saved a world from an evil mask and a falling moon, did other things as well.” Link told her. “Met new people, made new friends.”

“Great. That’s good to hear. What kind of friends did you make?”

“Oh warriors, women, merchants… villains.” Link grined.

“Heheh. Even bad guys become friends.” Saria giggled.

“Heh. You’re telling me. Everywhere I went, this guy was always there trying to get some girl, kill a person or take over that world. Ha… poor guy, I must’ve stopped him million of times.” Link laughed aloud. Zelda giggled along with Saria.

After a moment of laughter, Zelda cought her breath.

“Sorry Saria, but I have some important work needed to be done back at the palace now, it’s half past one.” Zelda said.

“Oh, ok. I suppose we’ll see each other later then?”

“Yes.” Link and Zelda replied simultaneously.

“Good good. I see you’ll later. Bye.” Saria’s voice faded away.

“Let’s go back now Link…” Zelda looked at him. He smiled and agreed.

~*~

Zelda and Link walked back into the palace. Impa was waiting for them there in the great hall.

“Had a good time your majesty?” Impa bowed before Zelda.

“Yes. Yes we did.” Zelda smiled happily as she spoke. Impa rose and looked at Link.

“Link, I have assigned a maid to aid your every need. She awaits in your room for orders.” the sheikian told him. Link nodded and looked at Zelda.

“Guess I better go meet my ‘servant.’ I shall see you tonight during dinner, fair Zelda.” Link bowed and walked off to his room. Zelda blushed a bit.

“Excuse me m’ lady… but we have important matters to attend to.” Impa spoke.

“Oh… right. Let us be off then.” the princess regained her composer and walked with grace to the throne room.

~*~

Link walked into his room and took off his cape. He threw it on the chair near his desser. The hero was then startled when he saw Mila sitting on his bed with her hands cupped in her lap.

“Hello Sir Link.” she greeted him. He took a jump back before realizing it was just her.

“Phew… don’t scare me like that.” Link huffed. Mila giggled a bit.

“Sorry. I did not mean to.” she replied sweetly. Link looked over her for the first time. Sure he had seen her around the halls but she was working then. Mila wore a orangish-red skirt with a white long sheleved shirt; the arms were rolled up to her elbows. She wore a white worn apron around her waist with a small pokect on the top right hand cornor. Her light green eyes shined with great respect and, somehow, wisdom. Though, Mila was wearing a white cloth over her hair, Link could tell she had brownish-red hair.

~Hey… this one’s a looker Linky-boy!~ Link heard Fierce Deity state.

‘When I want your opinion I’ll ask for it! Otherwise, shut up!’ the hero thought angrily. Fierce Deity pouted before leaving Link’s mind alone.

“Can I do anything for you Link?” Mila asked, standing off his bed and smoothing the wrinkles.

“Um… uh…” the hero stuttered.

“Do you always stutter like this Link?” Mila giggled as she walked up to him.

“Uh… um…”

“Heheh… it’s okay. I’ll be waiting outside for you.” Mila bowed her head and walked out of his room. She closed the door behind her.

OKay… I think that’s it for chapter seven. How did you guys like that chappy? ::dekar!::

Once again, CC, you’ve written a nice little chapter. Everything was well-described and the characters sound natural. Only problems:
-Again, you need to attend to typos. They ruin the impact of some sentences. Like the one that was supposed to say, “Carvings of heroes, gods and goddesses”.
-The conversation with Saria was too short. We didn’t learn who she was (those of us who haven’t played enough Zelda, that is) and Link and Zel barely said “hello, goodbye” to her!
-Link didn’t notice someone on his bed? Is this the same Link who dodged an assassin attack not that long ago? (Maybe he’s allowing himself to be TOO relaxed. : )

In general, pretty good, only needs a few small fixes. BTW, Chris, if you want to, I can be your proofreader! Feel free to send me a copy of your work before you post it anytime, and I’ll send it back with all the errors I notice corrected. :cool:

Thanks Wil. I’ll only do that if you got free time on your hands.

Nice work Chris, you’re steadily getting better and better :slight_smile: I’m just sorry that I let you down about betareading in the past, and I hope that Wil will be able to help you better than I could. Keep at it, girl!
And yes, I wanted to give you a reading tip, “The Artist’s Way” by Julia Cameron. It’s a wonderful book for an aspiring writer, with tips, suggestions and encouraging words :slight_smile:

Nice. I’m not much of a Zelda fan I mostly read how you wrote it not really what your wrote but my advice is: take the advice of Weiila, Wilfredo Martinez and others.:hahaha; But really it’s great.