A Thread for Me and Merlin

Frigging Matt Clement.

Dude has sucked bad since he got hit in the head by that comebacker. He lost his stuff.

But don’t count the Red Sox out yet. Its only 5 runs.

Better make that 6-0.

Yeah. Too bad the Braves have played the Padres like 9 times this season and only won twice. >.> I’ll prefer taking down the Astros though. Maybe a repeat of 2001.

And, I agree pretty much with Sorc’s prediction for the postseason.

my picks

White Sox over Red Sox in 4
Yankees over Angels in 5
Cardinals over Padres in 4
Braves over Astros in 5

White Sox over Yankees in 5
Braves over Cardinals in 6

Cubs over Braves in 4

The surprising Cubs take over their cross-town team after they suffer from avian flu and sweep the braves and win the world series

Good thing it’s best five of seven in the world series.

By the way, 12-2 in the 6th with one out. Ouch. Posednik just hit a 3 run home run.

How can it be best five of seven? What if there’s a 4-3 split? >.>

Then Pats win Superbowl, Bruins win Stanley cup and Celtics win NBA title.
Go Beantown!

Don’t hold your breath on those Celtics.

Yeah, my Red Sox got killed yesterday. But we’ll bounce back. We got Boomer, David Wells starting tonight and if he makes a solid start, we’ll be in good shape.

Amazing. Game 1 of Astros/Braves and my fucking cable goes out.

GG Mediacom. GG.

(syke)

Heeeyy Sorcerer, guess who lost 10-5 on the first postseason game? I’ll give you a hint: Not the Astros. :stuck_out_tongue: Yeeeeeeeeaaahhhh!!!

Groans

Damn Red Sox.

Now they need to take three in a row. But hey, if any team can do it…

Red Sox got swept :frowning:

PWND.

I’m kinda pulling for the White Sox, actually. Since my teams sucked the big one and didn’t even make the playoffs. Plus the White Sox look aesthetically cool. And they’ve gone 80something years without winning too. Red Sox got off the schneid (sp?) last year, it’s Chicago’s turn now (maybe).

Though I’m good as long as the Yankees are eliminated as quickly and humiliatingly as possible.

The White Sox don’t deserve to ever win another World Series after the Black Sox scandal.

Are you joking?

Say it ain’t so, 984. Say it ain’t so.

No, I’m not joking. I will literally root for the Yankees before I root for the White Sox.

I think, when everybody involved in the scandal is dead, and all the players got booted for life and most them are known ONLY for that scandal (quick: name another one of the 8 men out besides Shoeless Joe), in addition to being dead, I think the debt’s paid.

Especially since they’ve only even MADE the world series once in the ensuing 86 years (1959), and they lost. To the Dodgers, no less, and I can think of no greater humiliation than losing a world series to the Dodgers*.

The White Sox have suffered enough and atoned, as far as I’m concerned.

[* = I am, after all, a Giants fan.]

To SG: Well, the Braves won the second game, and as a result have already outscored the Astros in the series thus far, 12-11. We beat Oswalt at home last year, breaking the streak of 24 straight home victories, and Jorge Sosa is 9-0 with a 1.82 ERA on the road this year. Minute Maid Park is a hitters park with the left field wall only being 315 feet away. With the offensive production the Braves are capable of compared to the ofensive slump the Astros have dealt with all year I think the Braves could very easily win tonight.

As far as the White Sox are concerned, the Black Sox scandal was how long ago? 1917, 1919 - something like that? It’s ridiculous to blame an organization for the screw ups of a small group of people 80 years ago. I’m not a White Sox fan so I really don’t care either way.

You put up some impressive numbers, but I don’t put a huge amount of stock in those. While I don’t doubt the Braves’ capability to compete, I still think we can handle it. :stuck_out_tongue:

And yeah, 984. You’re kinda wishing ill will on an organization for something done a long time ago that no one affiliated with the organization nowadays could have done anything about. That’s off the hook, man. :stuck_out_tongue: