A Thread for Me and Merlin

For reals. There should be like two wild card winners this year. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sports on a video game forum?!

PHONEYS!!!

The Braves are cursed to continue to win that division, over and over again, until they actually win another world series.

Best of luck to the Braves and Cardinals, hopefully either Tim Hudson (Atlanta) or Mark Mulder (Cardinals) will have some long overdue post season success or glory this year, after all those “not quite” years out here in Athletics country.

I wouldn’t mind continually winning just the division. While we wouldn’t be the best team of any certain year, we’d be consistently the best team out there.

Damn Astros, winning last night. And after the Phils walloped the Mets 16-6. It was the best game I ever saw, and we’re still 2.5 back in the wildcard.

Getting to enjoy the San Francisco 49ers from 83-98 as I did, I have to say that it’s highly enjoyable to KNOW your team is going to be in the playoffs every year, and perpetual contend for the championship. You do get spoiled after a while, though…

pines for better days

3 cheers for baseball! actually this reading this thread is the most i’ve done to pay attention to baseball this year.

Must make last year’s 2 win season all the more heartbreaking then.

Nah, because nowadays you know going into the season that they’re going to suck the big one. Once the run of perpetual success actually ends, it becomes easier to deal with. And almost more fun, in its own way.

I recently accidently invented a “Negro league”. Yay for baseball.

And god damnit, we got the Astros for the division series.

Good. We’ve beaten them 5 out of 6 meetings this season. Let’s beat them again.

Everyone’s just competing to lose to the Red Sox in the World Series.

David Ortiz for MVP!!!

EDIT: Let me get into a little more detail.

The White Sox are going to put up a good fight, but the Red Sox will beat them in 5 games. The Yankees will lose in dramatic fashion to the Angels. It will be an Angels/Red Sox ALCS. The Sox will win in four.

I don’t know much about the NL, so I’m not giving any predictions on that side.

Angels For the win!

My team can’t attend the so called “World Series” for some strange reason… They aren’t good enough or Amerncan enough to start, they’re Britsh… I heard Chunichi in Japan is a good team too…

I can’t waitta see Houston take you guys down, aaaaahahahahahha. :stuck_out_tongue:

I was really pulling for the Phillies, Sorc, because then the Braves could’ve played the Padres in the first round :frowning:

my picks

Red Sox over White Sox in 4
Yankees over Angels in 5
Cardinals over Padres in 4
Braves over Astros in 5

Red Sox over Yankees in 7
Braves over Cardinals in 7

Red Sox over Braves in 6

WOO RED SOX!

You don’t think the Cards’ll sweep the Padres? I think so.

NLDS
Cardinals over Padres in 3
Braves over Astros in 5

ALDS
Angels over Yankees in 5
Red Sox over White Sox in 5

NLCS
Braves over Cardinals in 7
Angels over Red Sox in 6

Braves over Angels in 7 for teh win

Carpenter had been really sucking and Peavy is amazing so I figured the Padres would win the first game but… the score’s now 8-1 so that theory is out the window.

Things ain’t lookin so hot for the Red Sox either; 5 run first inning with a 3 run homer by Pierzynski.