A new Lunar game?

I was reading the Magic Box, and they had a short statement that Marvelous Interactive is working on a Lunar game for the DS.

I’m excited for the prospect of a new Lunar game (especially a good one, and even though I haven’t finished EBC), but I really don’t want a DS. Dammit.

I doubt even a Lunar game will make DS worth getting. This may be the one reason I may lament not having DS though.

Marvelous Interactive doesn’t make Lunar; Game Arts does. Thusly, I imagine this will probly just be a remake. :confused: One could hope, though.

And OFX, do you think a direct sequel to Aria of Sorrow is enough to lament not buying a DS? Cos they just announced that, too :stuck_out_tongue:

I just finished SSSC over the holidays and was very pleasantly surprised. I’m definately seeing a charm in Game Art’s games already (also played Grandia 2) and intend to play EBC and the original Grandia soon. Ultimately, this news is very well timed for me because I literally just became a fan, if my avatar indicated anything. But, its likely a remake, because as some website I cant remember once said; “Lunar; New and improved every year, except for the new part!”

Depends on whether it’s good or not. You know how sequels with games are. Usually they’re hit or miss. :stuck_out_tongue:

Is Castlevania DS just a remake of Aria of Sorrow? Or is it a sequel, I really can’t tell.

Ohhh, Lunar… Mmm… Lunar… Oh Lucia… Mmmm… Jessica…

It looks like a remake with new spell animation, to me.

I doubt I’ll ever get a DS, if they only make a couple good games, I may get an [STRIKE]emulator[/STRIKE] magic DS machine that is most certainly not an emulator, though.

I actually see hope for the DS. The touchscreen allows for two genres previously not doable on a handheld before (referring to FPS and RTS), and opens new areas that you’ve already heard about probably. Hell, RTS is tough to do on console PERIOD. And usually I hate gimicky stuff (the n64 killed my interest in said gimmicky stuff).

Also, as far as emulators go, if the n64 emulators I’m using are any indication, I thikn I’ll pass on it :stuck_out_tongue:

Not an emulator, silly, I a magic DS machine!

It’s a sequel. The head honcho of the series has already talked about the story and one of the new features. :stuck_out_tongue:

IT MUST BE MINE!

Ah, where can I read about it?

I know that there was at least one more Lunar game in the series (the ‘Magic School’ one) because I read a translation of the mangas based on it online; good stuff, maybe not as much as SSSC or EBC, but fun. Far as I know it has not been ported over to English… I would like to see it one day.

Wilfredo “Still disguised as Makko” Martinez :thud:

WooHooo?

www.rpgfan.com

Makko, yeah, there’s a third game…Lunar Strolling School/Lunar Magic School for Game Gear/Saturn respectively. Working Designs never localized it because they thought it was a mediocre game, and especially subpar when compared to the other two Lunar games (And appearantly so did Game Arts). Still, I can’t help but wanna play it. I only know one person who’s played it (That can understand japanese :P) and he says it’s his favorite. :smiley:

Interesting. And one who does not own a DS… is a douche. :frowning:

(Haha, I think that’s the first time I’ve used douche as an insult!)

I also love Lunar, and I am very interested in a new Lunar game, but not in a DS. I went to the local Gamestop and was terribly unimpressed with the console.

What didn’t you like about it?