A moral dilemma

Why do you seek to harm innocent creatures? How would you like to be treated the same way?

If I were in the same position, I’d probably think differently. But you see, the thing is,

I’m NOT in the raccoon’s position, so I could blow the little bugger’s brains out and not give a damn!

Such tragedy… A Valkyrie with a heart even harder and colder than the one possessed by my suffering former self…

I’m not a suffering Valkyrie, I’m a realistic Teenager. Only in the Tower do i adopt that persona. Here, I’m as I am.

Even so, all living creatures need a bit of kindness and understanding…

Originally posted by Manus Dei Even so, all living creatures need a bit of kindness and understanding…

Except fleas.

and ticks.

and those pesky viruses…

Maybe, but if they are a danger to your personal health or your lifestyle, you must take care of them, even if death is the best way.

For gods sake, call the humane society or animal control, tell them you’ve got this problem with this racoon and they’ll come and take care of it professionally.

Drugging food? Shooting it? Throwing it in a bag and tossing it out of a car? What the hell is wrong with you people?

For the last 6-7 weeks a racoon has been coming in to the house through the dog door and has been eating the cat food. This has been a general annoyance because of our dogs age, she is 16 and can not hold it all night, so we can’t just close the dog door. Anyway <b>the human society refuses to send us a cage to relocate the bitch because we may traumatize it, even after a lot of yelling and threats to get the least humane traps we can</b>. Tonight I had my chance to kill it by feeding it poison or running it through with a knife or swordbut couldn’t bring myself to sentence it to death for trying to survive I’ll most likely have a chance tomorrow, and was wondering what you think I should do.

Looks like they don’t take the problem seriously enough. You could call them again, I suppose, and ask to speak to another person.

If they don’t , apply a selective force on it. 8P

Trap it and release it in the humane society’s building.

Now there’s a good idea :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I’m sure they won’t mind you waltzing in with a caged raccoon and then letting it loose =P.

Well, you’d be setting it free, so go for it!

Well, as long as they don’t see you…

I’m absolutely disgusted that your humane society people are behaving the way they are about your situation. Six or seven weeks with a wild animal entering your house unbidden? For God’s sake, at the very least it’s carrying bugs and parasites into your house when it comes. What if it were rabid and bit someone in your house?

My suggestion is to call them back, explain to them the bad possibilities that could happen with a wild animal entering your house, and let them know that you’ll be appealing to a higher authority (some local government that has jurisdiction over the humane society) about their negligence of your situation. Now, just in case they don’t take you seriously and take care of the problem, buy a trap anyway and catch the sucker.

I’d say trap the lil SOB and then find a way to release it somewhere else, preferably near one the management’s home (humane society management that is).

Originally posted by Valkyrie Esker
I’m not a suffering Valkyrie, I’m a realistic Teenager. Only in the Tower do i adopt that persona. Here, I’m as I am.

Then why did you propose such an unrealistic “solution,” before? :stuck_out_tongue: