25 most overrated games

Well, I don’t really remember that part, but I understand what your saying… they can burn me up too, but if it’s something that I like also, I’ll usually just ignore them. Of course, if it’s something that I found faults in (Golden Sun, Gamecube), then I’ll argue with them to the grave.

FFVII fanboys bumped FFVII down on my list, actually. Their stupid arguements made me point out things that actually matter (mostly negative things I would normally ignore), and they partially alienated me from the game. I tend to despise things with an ignorant fanbase like that. I’m actually kind of surprised they haven’t made me hate the game all together.
That’s title loyalty, for you! :victoly:
Good thing I’ve been playing since the beginning :cool:

I thought FF7 was a great game, but I’m not about to become a brainless fanboy and argue that everything about it ruled… cause, hell, it probably could have been better if it wasn’t so rushed. Yet even though that’s very obvious towards the end, it was still my favorite FF. I could care less bout graphics though, and I like the old battle systems. Too bad square and all the others are making the bs more and more complicated though. I could not for the life of me, and believe me I tried I really did, like FF10. The bs… just didn’t appeal to me. Neither did the sphere graph thing. FF8, however, was different, but in a good way. Though it lost my interest toward the end… And I can never forget the ever corny:

“We all went to the same orphanage! Let’s stick together and save the world!”

That part was too fuckin’ cheesy for belief.

[spoiler]“Like I said - interpretation. There is equally enough evidence for your interpretations as there is for any other.”

Most of my points were explained directly in the game. The rest can be easily extrapolated from something else that was explained. Sure, unless you’re told something outright you’ll never “know” that your “interpretation” is correct with 100% certainty, but there’s enough to be reasonably sure.

And why should there be more, exactly? For example, the only interaction your characters have with Jenova is fighting. The only study of her was done by researchers, who gained some knowledge but were still uncertain, because after all it would take more time than that to understand everything about an ancient alien organism. Why on earth is it such an egregious oversight if you’re not told everything about her, then? It makes perfect sense in the context of the plot that you don’t know everything about her, and it doesn’t contradict anything else.

“And a Cetra wouldn’t have the ability to take things that don’t exist and making a super-version of them.”

Uh, why wouldn’t a Cetra be able to amplify magical abilities? Who’s to say the Huge Materia didn’t have other abilities, and that this was just the one thing that your guys, who weren’t Cetra, could use? And if there was no Materia at the time of the Cetra, who’s to say that this isn’t just some kind of auxiliary effect that Huge Materia turned out to have on Materia once it did come to exist?

“He didn’t even hear of the story. He got enough info about his mom, why not his dad?”

We do know that he believed the wrong story for some reason. If he did, why would he just believe Bugenhagen if he were to tell him the real story without proof? He might think that Bugenhagen was just trying to console him with a lie or something.

“There have been many theories that when Holy and the Lifestream defeated Meteor, they annhilated the humans in favor of Red XIII’s species because of the massive damage humans had done to the planet”

That one is open to interpretation (<i>deliberately</i> - it wasn’t because they didn’t bother to make their story consistent, which “plot hole” implies, but because they wanted to leave part of the ending up in the air, just like Final Fantasy VI or Chrono Trigger).[/spoiler]

“3D just made things prettier.”

That’s like saying that graphics are irrelevant to Chrono Trigger, and that Chrono Trigger would be exactly the same if the graphics were like those on the Atari 2600. Yes, on some level that is true - you could have Atari-type graphics with some text on a screen and have Chrono Trigger’s plot, with crappy little 3-pixel Atari sprites zooming around rectangular areas. But we all know that that’s ridiculous, because Chrono Trigger, like any game, depends on its visuals to produce some of its effect, because games are inherently visual to begin with.