Yya. One of the most retarded fics I have ever read.

http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/cooljerk/Brain1.html

I USED to use taht site to help me with my Might and Magic 7 shrine until I realized that it is sickeningly inaccurate.

Anyways, I decided to check the fanfic section… the quality of teh ones I looked at were pretty poor, but especially this one… Oi.

What do you all think?

The main problem is the lack of details and the use of In Game talk, as in when they talk about levels. Too bad, this could have been really good if he didn’t stay so strictly to the game basics.

If I remember right, many authors have that problem. Sticking too close to a game will ‘kill’ any fanfic, they need to make it more into a novel type of thing.

Yep…
too much game talk, like the pillar of Day of the Gods or the “leveling” and skills…

But otherwhise the fic is great, and still worth reading :slight_smile:

Hm…fairly interesting storyline, just too much talk, and less action! Otherwise it’s fairly good…

I dunno. Keeping the story to the reality of the game and not to the reality of the world itself just turned me off. I remember that when I finished I was scolding myself for continuing as my IQ began to drop.

I once started reading a fanfic that seemed to be good… was reluctant, as it was a crossover, and you all know how rare well-done crossovers are…it was FF7/9, if I recall.

It wasn’t too bad to start out with…

Then they got into a battle and started talking about HP and AP. ><

Originally posted by GG Crono 4
[b]I once started reading a fanfic that seemed to be good… was reluctant, as it was a crossover, and you all know how rare well-done crossovers are…it was FF7/9, if I recall.

It wasn’t too bad to start out with…

Then they got into a battle and started talking about HP and AP. >< [/b]

Paaaaaiiiiin…

Add that into Not Another Bloody Conspiracy?

I dunno. Maybe I’m a perfectionist, but it just doesn’t seem to me that if the game world was real, they wouldn’t refer to it like the game does, so it quickly drives me nuts.

Originally posted by StarStorm
[b]Add that into Not Another Bloody Conspiracy?

I dunno. Maybe I’m a perfectionist, but it just doesn’t seem to me that if the game world was real, they wouldn’t refer to it like the game does, so it quickly drives me nuts. [/b]

Good point, I say! Here-here to that! :victoly: And don’t worry, you’re not a perfectionist…I don’t think…?

An example of what’s good and bad in fanfiction that I wrote up. (The game is Deus Ex, in case you were wondering):

1. JC felt the bullet go into his right arm, knocking off 20 HP to the limb. He quickly tried to fire back, but due to the loss of HP, he couldn’t aim straight. He then threw a LAM, and it exploded, but did only 50 HP damage to the guards. He then pulled out his Sniper Rifle and fired. Thanks to the many Recoil, Range and Accuracy Mods he had used, as well as his Master Level in Rifles, he killed all the guards.

2. JC reeled in pain as the bullet passed into his arm. He raised his gun to fire, but the pain made it difficult to aim accurately. He threw a LAM, but the guards were able to move aside at the last second, and it barely did anything. Desperate, he pulled out his Sniper Rifle and aimed. The guards, who were still getting up from jumping aside, were quickly shot through the head. JC silently thanked himself for taking the time to practice with his gun, as well as the many mods he had used on his baby.

Which is better?

I can say without any doubt that if that fic was put into script form, it would rival what RPGDude wrote. :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by OmegaflareX
I can say without any doubt that if that fic was put into script form, it would rival what RPGDude wrote. :stuck_out_tongue:

NO.