YuGiOh handheld games

Shut up. Don’t laugh (too much). I know at least one of you will.

I know next to nothing about the GBA/DS releases for YuGiOh (like, I don’t even know if there are DS games, or how many of either type, or anything like that). Someone on my gifting list would like to have one for Christmas, and I’d like to pick a good one. Do any of you have any information that would be helpful to me in this situation?

Dark Duel Stories is GBC, but it’s decent. I can’t recommend anything else since it’s the only one I played.

I figured it had to be a xmas gift. No one with any taste in games would even think about playing a Yugioh game. (not even me)

I’d go with the latest of the Expert series, which usually get ported over here as World Championship <year>. Those are basically playing the tcg, as opposed to the rest which tend to involve guessing what obsure effect random cards have.

I shall now, for a brief moment, turn my account over to my cousin, who knows a lot more about this crap than I ever will. Take it away.

I like Yu-Gi-Oh! Nightmare Troubadour for DS. It has a lot of cards, it has all the well known cards, You get to see pretty much everyone from the TV show, The story is cool.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Worldwide Edition: Stairway to the Destined Duel for GBA was fun. They’ve put out A LOT more games for the GBA that I haven’t tried, and if you get Stairway to the Destined Duel, you’ll be missing out on a lot of cards, but if the other worldwide editions are like that we should be good.

The newest one for GBA is Yu-Gi-Oh! Ultimate Masters: World Championship Tournament 2006. I haven’t played that one.

Thank you, GG’s cousin.